Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

whydirt posted:

See my edit about Clarity. You don't need the mana regen, but it gives you the extra life regen and phys resist from Guardian and let's you hit actual LL for Rise bonuses.

Post your dude profile and I can give more specific advice. If don't have either of those ES/resist clusters, you probably have some points not being used well.
I actually posted it back up here:

theshim posted:

I spent a couple chaos, but I probably need to commit some more for it. Take a look and feel free to recommend stuff: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/theshim/characters Character is shimOhGodItBurnsAaagh
Good call on the Clarity, though I guess that means I'll actually need to take Arcane Vision, bleh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The Explosive Impact cluster is straight up worse than the nearby Holy Fire burning damage cluster, so that's an easy swap. I also think your points spent down in the Marauder area are better used in the Shadow and Templar areas. Growth and Decay, Faith and Steel, Nullification are more efficient in terms of overall ES, regen, and resists per passive point spent. I don't take anything past Combat Stamina in the Marauder area and I have more than enough regen to maintain RF. Good luck!

whydirt fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 27, 2017

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Thanks to goons I have an understanding of how to gear up and get to be able to max my resists by buying stuff off poe.trade. Now I'm looking to upgrade my gear - how does that work. Do I have to rebuild my other gear each time I get an upgrade bought with Chaos Orbs?

So, say I buy a set of 200 ES gloves, but they don't have resists I'm currently gaining from the gloves. Do i rebuild the rest of my gear based on my new gloves? Or do I try to find gloves which fit the resist profile, but may not have the max ES?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Master crafting may be an option if your gear has open suffixes. Level 6 Haku does armor and can roll up to 30%, Elreon 5 does jewelry and rolls up to 25%, Tora 5 does belts and is also up to 25%. Each cost 2 alch.

It can't work miracles though. A perfect resist roll is 48%, which can easily beat two crafted rolls on its own.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 27, 2017

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
For you other Pizza Stickers out there, how do you actually determine effective DPS? The game tooltips only ever tell you average damage, so I'm at a loss on how to track it effectively.

theshim
May 1, 2012

whydirt posted:

The Explosive Impact cluster is straight up worse than the nearby Holy Fire burning damage cluster, so that's an easy swap. I also think your points spent down in the Marauder area are better used in the Shadow and Templar areas. Growth and Decay, Faith and Steel, Nullification are more efficient in terms of overall ES, regen, and resists per passive point spent. I don't take anything past Combat Stamina in the Marauder area and I have more than enough regen to maintain RF. Good luck!
If I pull the points as you recommend I can grab the three major clusters you mentioned as well as picking up Unnatural Calm and Melding (technically 1 point short and it costs me 21 regrets but eh). I get around another 80% ES on the tree, which is pretty nice (didn't realize how much I was missing), come out pretty close on damage (which will more than be made up for by the huge extra ES), but I do lose a pretty big chunk of regen - a little over 2%. I'll still probably be okay on balance, but it's pretty narrow there, especially if I'm giving up Barbarism's extra max fire res.

I'll probably gently caress around with my character later tonight. Thanks all for the advice!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

BitterAvatar posted:

For you other Pizza Stickers out there, how do you actually determine effective DPS? The game tooltips only ever tell you average damage, so I'm at a loss on how to track it effectively.

path of building

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
So is ES viable without an ES chestpiece? I'm playing BV poison with a Cospri's. My damage is great but I'm feeling a bit squishy in the life department. I'm also wearing a bone helmet (necromancer w/scourge) but could switch to an enchanted circlet or maybe heretic's veil, though they are pretty pricey. I guess I'd need stun protection too? Never played CI before...

theshim
May 1, 2012

whydirt posted:

Switched a whole bunch of poo poo up and now I'm at 7.4k ES from the 5.1K I was at before, and sleepwalked through uber lab.

Thanks a ton for the advice!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

So is ES viable without an ES chestpiece? I'm playing BV poison with a Cospri's. My damage is great but I'm feeling a bit squishy in the life department. I'm also wearing a bone helmet (necromancer w/scourge) but could switch to an enchanted circlet or maybe heretic's veil, though they are pretty pricey. I guess I'd need stun protection too? Never played CI before...

Well, you're going to be running dw claws and a non-es chest. So you're looking at removing two of the most important parts of getting high ES. You can manage without one or the other, but I doubt you can do both.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

yes, but it will be very very expensive to get 9k es

im talking tens of exalts just for the supporting rares

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Yeah sounds like you're better off using a poison gem or getting some other source of guaranteed poison. What about using a consuming dark and being an occultist instead?

e: vvv :cripes:

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Mar 28, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Consuming Dark only poisons off of chaos damage and not physical.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Vasudus posted:

Well, you're going to be running dw claws and a non-es chest. So you're looking at removing two of the most important parts of getting high ES. You can manage without one or the other, but I doubt you can do both.

I don't think the second claw is necessary. I've been running increased duration intending to replace it with empower when my damage felt insufficient and I haven't felt the need at all yet. Who knows about guardians and above though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjwuqtJfxXo

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 28, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

too spooky

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
im the slender yeti

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Just lost my unIDed t6, a 6s I was going to greed and the loot I'd already grabbed to a disconnect :(

At least I kept the kill on the invasion boss I hadn't gotten before.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
kroenen from hellboy got buff

e: Platemail with nazi high caps, what. I knew that oriath was supposed to be romans but now it is romans + nazis? Neat

Luisfe fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 28, 2017

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

im the slender yeti

Monsters be lookin cool as hell. MTX gonna be even better

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

im the slender yeti

im the not-swastika armbands

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Can't wait to sunder some nazis.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

For a 4link, your best bet would probably be Dual strike -> multistrike -> melee physical damage -> added fire. If you want to be able to deal aoe damage, you'd use dual strike -> multistrike -> melee physical damage -> melee splash.
Tried this and it's astounding, I'm a walking blender now. Blazed through cruel lab and am now very scary. Thanks again!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i finished merciless labyrinth on my hc ranger today, which after getting new pathfinder nodes has tipped my explosive arrow fire rate above five attacks per second and turned the entire game into an absurd farce

now if only i could afford to 5 or 6 link my quill rains i could maybe stop running baby maps

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

that was a pretty good murderparty

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mr. Despair posted:

I think my computer's chugging just looking at that image

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I think we only had 1 person crash in a map from the crazyness (and 1 person crash going back to the hideout, lol)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I can't wait to Punch Every Nazi In Sight

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:golfclap:

Mr. Despair posted:

Shame you couldn't fill up the top row with buffs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

I think my computer's chugging just looking at that image
My turned off computer is definitely chuffing as I look at this from my phone.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Mr. Despair posted:

This was a hell of a lot of fun (Necronatrix is my char), gonna be keeping my eye out for more murderparties!

And yeah, that was actually making my computer start to struggle a bit. I loved it. Also, I never died! (Just had that one disconnect in Vaults.) I win!

E: Also that Spectral Throw was loving disgusting. HoWA build? Already have an Astra so I might roll up a second character at some point.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Mar 28, 2017

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

With a minion build, what can I do to make my weapon slot not be pointless, besides getting a specific unique or crafting something with fear essences?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Peewi posted:

With a minion build, what can I do to make my weapon slot not be pointless, besides getting a specific unique or crafting something with fear essences?

Get castspeed and attackspeed on a mace and you can use a leap slam fa fortify setup I guess but there's not much unless you use SRS in which you'd use a +3 gem 2h (bow)

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Stupid question time: I made it to the Eternal Laboratory and just for kicks decided to pop those 4 "Sacrifice at Dusk/Dawn/etc/etc" fragments in there and see what happened. Wow, a buncha portals! Stepped through one, saw that the area level was higher than mine (spooky_), so I left, now that portal is gone, but the rest are still up there. Does that mean that I've missed out on whatever was in that portal forever, or does that mean that I only have ~6 attempts to get through the map? Never used map stuff before, pretty new to it.

In other news, I found an Iron Commander and I'm looking forward to commanding a buncha ballistas :madmax:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

scuz posted:

Stupid question time: I made it to the Eternal Laboratory and just for kicks decided to pop those 4 "Sacrifice at Dusk/Dawn/etc/etc" fragments in there and see what happened. Wow, a buncha portals! Stepped through one, saw that the area level was higher than mine (spooky_), so I left, now that portal is gone, but the rest are still up there. Does that mean that I've missed out on whatever was in that portal forever, or does that mean that I only have ~6 attempts to get through the map? Never used map stuff before, pretty new to it.

In other news, I found an Iron Commander and I'm looking forward to commanding a buncha ballistas :madmax:
6 attempts per map, and 4 Sacrifices yield a special map.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

So I guess oriath are nazi's now.

Do yourselves a favor and don't look at the youtube comments of the people who'd rather want to join the nazi's side.

One good comment in the trash heap though.

quote:

3.0 Führermancer Shaper/Atziri/Hitler viable, insane dps, low Gear entry. NO SEVERED IN SLEEP NEEDED

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Can anyone take a look at my tree and suggest improvements? http://poeurl.com/bd8X
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters/ "Blodsdottir"

Playing bladevortex necromancer with scourge and cospri's. Flask setup is HP (curse immune), stibnite (bleed immune), witchfire, atziri, overflowing chalice. Aura setup is blasphemy-tc-warlord's and clarity.

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 28, 2017

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I'm kind of cold towards the excessively on-the-nose Nazi imagery. I like making GBS threads on Nazis in a video game as much as the next guy, when it's in its place, but it really feels tonally inconsistent with the Roman/Catholic horror vibes of what we'd seen so far.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

JerryLee posted:

I'm kind of cold towards the excessively on-the-nose Nazi imagery. I like making GBS threads on Nazis in a video game as much as the next guy, when it's in its place, but it really feels tonally inconsistent with the Roman/Catholic horror vibes of what we'd seen so far.
To me it's awesome because somehow in my hosed-up brain the Thaumaturgy themes of the original 4 acts jibes with the cult-obsessions of the Nazi leadership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
I'm digging this Ye Olde Wolfensteine poo poo. Blowing up Magic Hitler in this should be about as good as blowing up Clone Hitler in Bionic Commando.

• Locked thread