Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is there some kind of fast travel? Because running around for these quests is starting to get annoying, especially since I just found out you can't force a resplendent by removing your OS Chip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
yeah, you get fast travel as you progress in the main story. theres no reason to not progress to that point so doing pointless walking is all on you.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Iretep posted:

yeah, you get fast travel as you progress in the main story. theres no reason to not progress to that point so doing pointless walking is all on you.

Thank you. Then screw it, I'll come back to side quests later

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

BigRed0427 posted:

Is there some kind of fast travel? Because running around for these quests is starting to get annoying, especially since I just found out you can't force a resplendent by removing your OS Chip.
Yes, just keep going and they'll let you know when you've unlocked it. I did so many sidequests before unlocking it and I was loving furious when I finally got it. (=_=)

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I pretty much knew I was going to unlock fast travel eventually but I did all the sidequests as soon as they popped up anyway and didn't really mind. 2B's hyperspeed Amaterasu run is kind of fun.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Round Thing, no :smith:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is the end of the desert gated behind a quest or just story progression? I'm on route B atm.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Bogart posted:

Is the end of the desert gated behind a quest or just story progression? I'm on route B atm.

Neither?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bogart posted:

Do you mean like the sandstorm? Just run along the invisible wall to the right I think.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bogart posted:

like, the area past the housing? I... actually don't know but it's like the first real main story mission, just do it it takes like 10 minutes.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

SHISHKABOB posted:

Do you mean like the sandstorm? Just run along the invisible wall to the right I think.

Yeah, it's this one. I bashed my head against it for a while and just figured 'oh I'll have to come back here later, there's probably a stupid machine sandstorm maker here.'

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bogart posted:

Yeah, it's this one. I bashed my head against it for a while and just figured 'oh I'll have to come back here later, there's probably a stupid machine sandstorm maker here.'

oh ok. If you start from the oil pond, you go to the left. Follow that edge for a ways. Eventually you should see a palm tree and that's the beacon to head towards.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

a kitten posted:

Pod 042 x Pod 153 is the only ship that matters

The pods were legitimately some of my favorite characters by the end.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Their dialogue was fuckin hilarious.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
C/D Ending spoilers: I liked the different meaning "Take care of 9S" took in each ending.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 28, 2017

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

No Wave posted:

Ending spoilers: I liked the different meaning "Take care of 9S" took in each ending.

I like that 2B's sword which has her memories in it ended up killing 9S one final time

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

I like that 2B's sword which has her memories in it ended up killing 9S one final time

Also her memory caused A2's hesitation which caused her death. Truly 2B is the most effective anti-YoRHa unit. Though 9S is really good at killing other YoRHa too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nuebot posted:

Also her memory caused A2's hesitation which caused her death. Truly 2B is the most effective anti-YoRHa unit. Though 9S is really good at killing other YoRHa too.
Ending E
Considering that A2 is stated to have dispatched squads of Type-E androids alone, the fact that 9S grew to be able to be competitive against her basically shows that if left unchecked, he's essentially a WMD that could defeat anything on the planet, including things that are purposely designed to be able to kill him.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ending E
Considering that A2 is stated to have dispatched squads of Type-E androids alone, the fact that 9S grew to be able to be competitive against her basically shows that if left unchecked, he's essentially a WMD that could defeat anything on the planet, including things that are purposely designed to be able to kill him.
A good example of game mechanics meshing with plot, as the player has long since found out how completely busted 9S is.

The question is why YoRHA needed something so powerful that it could go beyond their control - was it specifically to defeat Adam and Eve/the network operators?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Mar 28, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No Wave posted:

A good example of game mechanics meshing with plot, as the player has long since found out how completely busted 9S is.

The question is why YoRHA needed something so powerful that it could go beyond their control - was it specifically to defeat Adam and Eve/the network operators?

That article about NieR's commentary on drone warfare sums it up pretty well. Taro's basically saying that when weapons continue to grow in power, they ultimately outgrow the need for their creators. He's partly a message that unchecked power is extremely dangerous.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Not specially, no. Dude really was just meant for recon and hacking. He's just so good at the latter that he got good at fighting as well. He hacked his own systems to enable his NFCS (near field control system) beyond evasion so he could participate and hold his own in close combat with weapons.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just did the side quest where you look for an android named 11b and the ending of it turned my stomach. This game is amazing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, some of the people in this game are just not nice people.

What I wouldn't give for a patch to let me suggest the woman gets wiped first in the Wandering Couple quest :argh:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

I just did the side quest where you look for an android named 11b and the ending of it turned my stomach. This game is amazing.

That one has a weird ending.

I just finished the inventor. Fuckin lol. This game.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Snak posted:

That one has a weird ending.

I just finished the inventor. Fuckin lol. This game.

His failure will be in every cutscene from here on out. Enjoy!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So, when​ you fight the two goliaths in the city, there is dialogue for if you just kill them from the ground, but you still have to go get in the flight units to trigger the cutscene. Lol.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Intoluene posted:

His failure will be in every cutscene from here on out. Enjoy!

missed an opportunity to have it be made out of cardboard imo

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've heard good things about this but so I've watched the first hour or so of the game. How representative is that of the overall game? I keep waiting to see what everyone is gushing over but so far all I see is anime junk.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've heard good things about this but so I've watched the first hour or so of the game. How representative is that of the overall game? I keep waiting to see what everyone is gushing over but so far all I see is anime junk.

the game and plot is extremely anime but the combat/gameplay is fun

if you can put up with the anime it is A Good Game but if that kind of plot grates on your nerves you're gonna have a bad time

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why you would have any interest in this game at all if you have an aversion to anime.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

the game and plot is extremely anime but the combat/gameplay is fun

if you can put up with the anime it is A Good Game but if that kind of plot grates on your nerves you're gonna have a bad time

Thanks, it's probably not for me then.

Snak posted:

I don't know why you would have any interest in this game at all if you have an aversion to anime.

Well, everyone says it's a really good game. I was thinking maybe it's a really good game despite the anime looking characters.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
games for me are good because the gameplay is fun, a good plot is nice to have but completely tertiary (which is why i haven't been able to sit through a jrpg in over a decade, with the singular exception of bravely default, and stick to lparchive if something really sounds interesting plot-wise but has bog-standard final fantasy combat/random encounters)

this game was fun but I won't be upgrading all the pods/getting all the endings outside of A-E :shrug:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Did you tell the truth or no?

Unrelated but is the sound track for this game available anywhere yet? I need that in my life.

this game was fun but I won't be upgrading all the pods/getting all the endings outside of A-E :shrug:

You can just buy those cheevos and pretend you did

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Bust Rodd posted:

I thought that was hilarious and extremely Yoko Taro.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
What happens if you tell her the truth? I lied because I figured inciting yorha members to desert was probably not the best idea

Also before anyone answers that, can you "get" the quest again on the same playthrough, or is that a once-per-game, wipe and try again kind of deal? If not then spoil away

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

What happens if you tell her the truth? I lied because I figured inciting yorha members to desert was probably not the best idea

Also before anyone answers that, can you "get" the quest again on the same playthrough, or is that a once-per-game, wipe and try again kind of deal? If not then spoil away

You only do each quest once per save file.

Oh man. It's great! she laughs and is like, "wow, 11B went out running away like a bitch? She always gave me so much crap for not being a combat model. Thanks. Now I can put her bullying behind me and do my job free of this burden"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

She laughs as the creepy music starts to play and tells you that 11B used to be an abusive rear end in a top hat because she wasn't a combat model, and now that she knows 11B is dead, she doesn't have to be afraid anymore and thinks it's hilarious that 11B went out running away like a coward.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ahaha wow now I wish I'd told the truth

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
this game :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

She laughs as the creepy music starts to play and tells you that 11B used to be an abusive rear end in a top hat because she wasn't a combat model, and now that she knows 11B is dead, she doesn't have to be afraid anymore and thinks it's hilarious that 11B went out running away like a coward.

I liked it more when I thought they were gay for each other. Then I learned the truth in my second time around. I guess 6O is enough gay robot for one Bunker :smith: