Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

This is loving dogshit.

You're loving dogshit! Sorry, I got defensive.

ImpAtom posted:

Jubilee The Vampire is somehow and completely inexplicably far better than Jubilee The Not Vampire.

agreed.

(They're in a pocket dimension. Source is Hellcat #13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
See that's fun. I don't understand the hate Jubilee gets. She's a fun character and writers like to wear her 80s goofiness on her sleeve. That's neat.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Vampires are cool. Jubilee is good. Vampire Jubilee is cool and good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jubilee is the best X-person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPyHNlpXWM]

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like jubilee as a vampire because it reminds me of that xmen arc which completely destroyed marvel dracula. dammit, marvel dracula owned so hard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't like jubilee as a vampire because it reminds me of that xmen arc which completely destroyed marvel dracula. dammit, marvel dracula owned so hard.

One day the real Dracula will return and eviscerate the pretender in the blood elf paladin armor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lurdiak posted:

One day the real Dracula will return and eviscerate the pretender in the blood elf paladin armor.

Sorry for being so vague, but I recall a really old Blade comic where some guy was trying to replace Dracula as top vampire. Blade pulls some trick where he traps the other guy behind running water, and Drac pulls a fade while thinking,"Lol that loser doesn't even know what vampire weaknesses are and he wants to replace ME!?! :drac:"

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I finally got to the Transformers vs GI Joe The Movie Adaption and the credits page is just the best.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
All I know about Marvel Dracula is that one anime OVA Chip and Ironicus riffed on, which looks like a totally normal if fairly 80s 'modern day people deal with Dracula' story until Dracula's son is inexplicably wearing a superhero costume.

That poo poo was weirdly good, honestly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Nilbop posted:

See that's fun. I don't understand the hate Jubilee gets. She's a fun character and writers like to wear her 80s goofiness on her sleeve. That's neat.

Because nine times out of ten people think you're talking about the boring, lovely Jubilee who added nothing and in fact was detrimental to getting poo poo done in the 90s cartoon show, and then they go "why would you make that lovely character a vampire?" without understanding the other changes, such as the depowering. Thus the "hurf durf spark shooting vampire is dumb"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cleretic posted:

All I know about Marvel Dracula is that one anime OVA Chip and Ironicus riffed on, which looks like a totally normal if fairly 80s 'modern day people deal with Dracula' story until Dracula's son is inexplicably wearing a superhero costume.

That is a compressed adaptation of Tomb of Dracula, and unfortunately focuses more on the goofier later stories.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Cleretic posted:

I love the scene where Dracula mugs some guy so he can go buy a burger.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

My favorite Marvel Dracula was when he fought the X-Men. Kitty held up a cross to him and Dracula just says it doesn't work because "you are no Christian, you are a Herbrew!" Then lunges at her throats and gets burned by her Star of David necklace. I think hat was the first X-Men comic I actually owned.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Edmund Lava posted:

My favorite Marvel Dracula was when he fought the X-Men. Kitty held up a cross to him and Dracula just says it doesn't work because "you are no Christian, you are a Herbrew!" Then lunges at her throats and gets burned by her Star of David necklace. I think hat was the first X-Men comic I actually owned.

I remember an issue of Dracula where Van Helsing is an old dude in a wheelchair who freaks Drac out because he's got a wooden-stake launcher built into his chair. :black101:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

robziel posted:

I finally got to the Transformers vs GI Joe The Movie Adaption and the credits page is just the best.

I love this.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

Don't forget the bit where Wolverine makes a cross with a couple of his claws and Drac just sneers at him because he doesn't believe in it. Nightcrawler turns out to be rather more effective in the faith department though.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

prefect posted:

I remember an issue of Dracula where Van Helsing is an old dude in a wheelchair who freaks Drac out because he's got a wooden-stake launcher built into his chair. :black101:

Hah! I remember borrowing this collected edition from the library when I was probably, like, six or seven. I thought it was a graphic novel version of the old Bela Lugosi movie and got confused as gently caress.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
marvel dracula fought silver surfer one time

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Do Marvel vamps have a silver weakness? Otherwise I'd be more impressed by Werewolf By Night tackling SS.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Choco1980 posted:

Do Marvel vamps have a silver weakness? Otherwise I'd be more impressed by Werewolf By Night tackling SS.

:ssh: He's not made of/covered with literal silver.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Pastry of the Year posted:

Vampires actually rule, when they're done right. Dracula was a Doom-level threat in the MU before Dr. Strange destroyed him and every other vampire on Earth with the Montesi formula (I have no idea how Dracula et al came back from that).

IIRC there was a thing during a Blade solo series back in the mid 00s where he got tricked into reversing the spell bringing every vampire who ever lived back to life (including Dracula.)

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Wouldn't that be a good thing, though? Or does marvel sidestep the whole undead vs living thing?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they went from being double dead back to single dead

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah they all came back as vampires, it was basically a setup for Blade to actually go vampire hunting.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Keep that spell in your pocket Blade. That's job security.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Am I crazy for wanting a Jubilee who's a vampire AND has quasi-racist sparkly powers?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Am I crazy for wanting a Jubilee who's a vampire AND has quasi-racist sparkly powers?

You want her to be a Twilight vampire? You monster.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I'd actually be on board with flashy sparkling vampire Jubilee.

Although on that note I'm slightly surprised she's still being called Jubilee, my cynical comic-reading mind would have expected her to take a more vampiric sobriquet, like NIGHTBLOOD or BLOODNIGHT or POUCHFANG. Then I have the vague recollection that maybe her name was literally Jubilation Lee? Maybe?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dareon posted:

Although on that note I'm slightly surprised she's still being called Jubilee, my cynical comic-reading mind would have expected her to take a more vampiric sobriquet, like NIGHTBLOOD or BLOODNIGHT or POUCHFANG. Then I have the vague recollection that maybe her name was literally Jubilation Lee? Maybe?

Yeah, her real name is Jubilation Lee.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jubilee rules

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Senior Woodchuck posted:

If anything, they should have just made it so her powers created ultra violet light and then have had Blade recruit her to be his WMD against vampires.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

Keep that spell in your pocket Blade. That's job security.

Some motherfuckers always tryin' to stay out of the unemployment line.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am now incredibly sad there is not a Marvel character named POUCHFANG.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Vakal posted:

If anything, they should have just made it so her powers created ultra violet light and then have had Blade recruit her to be his WMD against vampires.

They already did something like that when they had her powers be tiny nuclear explosions (which were only tiny because she didn't want to kill everyone) back in the 90s when they were on that "every major x-character ever is secretly one of the most powerful mutants on the planet" poo poo.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

dordreff posted:

They already did something like that when they had her powers be tiny nuclear explosions (which were only tiny because she didn't want to kill everyone) back in the 90s when they were on that "every major x-character ever is secretly one of the most powerful mutants on the planet" poo poo.

There's a panel in early Gen X where they show her and Mondo and the descriptive box says they might eventually become the most powerful mutants ever, and I swear to god I still have no idea what Mondo's powers are aside from being surrounded by rainbows and if he gets too close to the latino guy with stretchy skin they melt into each other.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I am now incredibly sad there is not a Marvel character named POUCHFANG.

And the character sheet's mostly done, too!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

It's also because of of Jubilee's defining characteristics is her unrelenting optimism. She's not going to sulk and get broody because she's a vampire, being a vampire is loving awesome! Plus, she had Wolverine supplying her with blood and that's gotta have a real good kick to it.

Seriously, read the issues of X-23 where her and Jubilee are hanging out, it's good stuff. (also read x-23, it was really good)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Skwirl posted:

There's a panel in early Gen X where they show her and Mondo and the descriptive box says they might eventually become the most powerful mutants ever, and I swear to god I still have no idea what Mondo's powers are aside from being surrounded by rainbows and if he gets too close to the latino guy with stretchy skin they melt into each other.

The guy with the rainbows was Sync(h?), who could take on the powers of mutants near him. Mondo was the barely-used Hawaiian guy who could absorb things.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Vakal posted:

Monica Rambeau is already the vampire WMD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The best non-Jubilee vampire storyline remains Captain Britain and MI-13.

Crossposting from the badass thread (where it got lost amongst Hercules dick-punching Galactus).

DigitalRaven posted:

So lots of people are talking about Marvel vampires in the funny panels thread, but this doesn't fit over there.

This is how the real badasses of the marvel universe deal with vampires. I refer, of course, to Pete Wisdom and the rest of MI-13.

Dracula has a massive legion of vampires on the moon. He's taken out the only thing that can prevent his armies from reaching the UK, and in doing so has turned Spitfire. His scouts come prepare for landing.

Yes, he did just carpet-bomb Dracula's scouts with holy water. Because when you're the head of the UK equivalent of SHIELD, you can do that kinda poo poo.

That isn't the end of it (for reasons that are spoiler-y, and you really should read this arc). The vampires are still coming.