Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A Handed Missus posted:

rly makes u think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I missed this over the weekend:

Huntington Beach Pro-Trump March Turns Into Attack on Anti-Trump Protesters, OC Weekly

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/huntington-beach-pro-trump-march-turns-into-attack-on-anti-trump-protesters-press-7991623

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

im gonna live in the belt and have a really weird accent and listen to music caused by the death throes of elon station after the energon crystals transform it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/846688798033543169

lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm all for some nasa now, don't get me wrong. state-funded space exploration? yeah, i'm down for that

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Huntington Beach Pro-Trump March Turns Into Attack on Anti-Trump Protesters, OC Weekly

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/huntington-beach-pro-trump-march-turns-into-attack-on-anti-trump-protesters-press-7991623

vertical flagbars are so much more slimming

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

triple sulk posted:

Took the wife to work and NPR is talking about Cairo Illinois

The people want their paper mill to come back

They're hosed

make you own drat paper mill you lazy moochers.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

russian spies, chinese spies, erdogan's son/family, russian pee whores, various family members of eastern european autocrats

you can pay me $400,000 in 100 dollar bills

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

AmericanBarbarian posted:

Lol thats why he has a battery and solar company dude. Have you seen his last gen of solar rooftop tile? It looks crazy good. Dude is pushing the bleeding edge of cool for consumer solar production and storage.

so how long have you been working for solar city

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mar-a-largesecuritybreacho

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

ArmZ posted:

make you own drat paper mill you lazy moochers.

paper mills stink worse than poo poo so good riddance, glad of it, etc.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

e: beaten

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Agrajag posted:

russian spies, chinese spies, erdogan's son/family, russian pee whores

you can pay me $400,000 in 100 dollar bills

That's a nice crowd for a good party

Serf
May 5, 2011

elon musk: we should have universal basic income

*looks at his billions of dollars*

elon musk: well byeeeeeeeeee

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
A man makes shiny space stuff, therefore he must be cool. Technology is the only thing that matters. Technological advancement = human advancement.

-- a brain broken with autism.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
im the goon that worships the marketing spiel that comes out of elon musk's mouth as god's gospel

praise be to musk for he is god's prophet

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

are they seriously printing out photos with a white border so they look like polaroids?

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Not a Children posted:

He's taking energy tech that already exists and putting a nice matte on it

Literally the Apple of electric motors and solar panels

He's in manufacturing, not R&D

All the real innovation comes from making those things cheaper, not prettier looking

Saying Munsk doesnt do R&D is nuts. You have to recognize in SpaceX he's company is building a reusuable rocket that lands itself, which is pretty much the pinnacle of 20th century science fiction finally being realized. Other companies are working on that problem too, sure, like John Carmack's got a small company doing it but it's on hold while Carmack goes to make VR games for facebook.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

oliwan posted:

A man makes shiny space stuff, therefore he must be cool. Technology is the only thing that matters. Technological advancement = human advancement.

also the people with this opinion probalby think they will be one of brave intrepid space pioneers terraforming and discovering new planets.

lol gently caress you, the only terraforming you're doing is when you're decomposing in the ground liek the rest of us poo poo-folk after we choke on noxious fumes. you're in the ditch with us and you're never escaping lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sir Tonk posted:

are they seriously printing out photos with a white border so they look like polaroids?

neera runs a tight ship

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!
elon musk voiced himself on multiple episodes of south park, which is kinda weird re:guest voice for south park

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ramadu posted:

the most offensive part of mass effect: andromeda so far was they have a spacex rocket and the description says it was thanks to them that we went into space

just gently caress right the gently caress off

otoh the game's blatant Elon Musk stand-in died on her way to her new home planet, which is hilarious

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I'm the trump supporter who still hasn't realized those manufacturing jobs are never coming back

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

quote:

One woman with bad breath yelled at Weekly intern Frank Tristan, "Are you here to cause trouble, too?!" When Tristan identified himself as media, she screamed "Fake news!" and stormed off.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Saying Munsk doesnt do R&D is nuts. You have to recognize in SpaceX he's company is building a reusuable rocket that lands itself, which is pretty much the pinnacle of 20th century science fiction finally being realized. Other companies are working on that problem too, sure, like John Carmack's got a small company doing it but it's on hold while Carmack goes to make VR games for facebook.

the pinnacle of 20th century sci-fi is either the jetpack or the hoverboard. try again

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

oh no she's going at it again

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

my dude lemme tell you about warp drive

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

Scent of Worf posted:

I'm the trump supporter who still hasn't realized those manufacturing jobs are never coming back
"SCREW YOUR FREE TECH CLASSES IMA WORK IN THE MINE"
*goes home, forever bitter and unemployed*

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

Took the wife to work and NPR is talking about Cairo Illinois

The people want their paper mill to come back

They're hosed

quote:

Nature is taking over at the abandoned lot that used to house Cairo's largest employer, the Burkart Foam company. It closed more than a decade ago. More recently, the paper mill just across the river in Kentucky closed. More people moved out. In December of 2015, the only grocery store closed, soon followed by the gas station.

Alexander County is not only the poorest county in Illinois; it's also one of the fastest depopulating counties in the United States.

Kirk Siegler/NPR

"They no longer have pumps," Matthews says, frowning as he points it out.

All this blight: the abandoned businesses, the old, partly burned down mansions with roofs caving in, it's unsettling. But Matthews says state grants promised for demolition of properties like these dried up long ago, and the job was barely half done.

there are levels of hosed and these guys are finding how deep those levels extend

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Can someone make a gif of the baby from Dinosaurs, but make him say FAKE NEWS instead?

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

This article by the journalists who were attacked is pretty crazy contrasted to the LA Times article where it blames the entire thing on the hooligans wearing black.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

tenderjerk posted:

elon musk voiced himself on multiple episodes of south park, which is kinda weird re:guest voice for south park

woah, that was actually musk

doesn't mean he's not a shitlord, just surprised

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

otoh the game's blatant Elon Musk stand-in died on her way to her new home planet, which is hilarious

she made one mistake... she died on the way to MY HOME PLANET!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad the UK government is doing everything it can to make the american government look competent

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/statu...r%3D139%23pti10

Serf
May 5, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

there's actually some aspects of a critique of capitalism and startup culture subplot shining through the turd that is the chosen one storyline

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The failing WHM podcast, it's a fake podcast

When was even their last meme watch :sad:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

punchymcpunch posted:

my dude lemme tell you about warp drive

my dude let me tell you about ftl

Stephen K. Bannon
Mar 8, 2017

by Smythe
If Elon Musk doesn't prostate himself further he won't ever reach the velocity to make it through the Trumposphere.

Humanity is a disease that needs to be extinguished and not transmitted.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

I think it's the same type of retards that worship "science" for whatever reason. Idk where these people get the idea some dude who grew up in apartheid South Africa is gonna save everyone lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jose posted:

i'm glad the UK government is doing everything it can to make the american government look competent

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/statu...r%3D139%23pti10

UK media doing a great job as well.

• Locked thread