Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

I just had a flakka smoothie. Wish me luck!

Godspeed pooom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I get high on life.

Getting hopped up on goofballs is for hippies and bernie voters.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I get high on pwning teh noobz.

Let's talk about how poo poo a PC release of Destiny would be. Who remembers the division? :itwaspoo:

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Yesterday as I was grinding the weekly Shaxx bounty I got the Phantom medal for the first time ever and I felt like the coolest dude ever.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Them feels when the grenade throw distance and trajectory is burned into your brain after 3 years of playing this stupid game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CheeseFactory posted:

Who remembers the division? :itwaspoo:

Ubisoft is pretty loving terrible in general though so I'm not sure why that's relevant.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

Ubisoft is pretty loving terrible in general though so I'm not sure why that's relevant.

CheeseFactory posted:

Let's talk about how poo poo a PC release of Destiny would be. Who remembers any console fps released on PC ever? :itwaspoo:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Destiny on PC will be fucki*g epic... Master Race FTW :D Hitler

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Yea definitely gonna be a PC only thread for D2

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

wishlist for D2PC:

- forced stretched 900p/30fps
- mandatory mouse acceleration with lots of auto aim
- games for windows Live
- ATI exclusive
- asks you to type the fourth letter of the fifth word of the twenty eighth paragraph of the third chapter of the EULA every few minutes
- grimoire only viewable on xbone

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Im really excited mainly for all the new and updated **""~~LORE~~""** that D2 will bring

**said a sad lonely man who will hopefully die alone

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Ive a question on Age of Triumph......

Ive not played for a while and only partially taken notice of whats new, from what i can understand it seems that AOT is the latest and final update for D1. In this update they are updating all the old raids to current light levels and putting challenge on them so you can get armour sets at weapons at current light level.

Is that correct? So no "new" content, just old stuff updated for everyone that shits old gear at you.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Yes. It's all new designs of raid gear, but the raid guns are max light versions of the old guns. In the Challenge modes you can get Adept versions of primaries which are exotic and have elemental burns

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

But this wouldn't be a console FPS on PC... It would be an FPS that's on both PC and console, of which there are loads and they're generally good when devs don't half arse it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Steve2911 posted:

But this wouldn't be a console FPS on PC... It would be an FPS that's on both PC and console, of which there are loads and they're generally good when devs don't half arse it.

Such as and?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Remember it takes bungie 5 hours to move a bush

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CheeseFactory posted:

Such as and?

From what I've played in the last year Overwatch, Doom and Titanfall 2 are good examples.

CheeseFactory posted:

Remember it takes bungie 5 hours to move a bush

So Bungie should get better.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Steve2911 posted:

No it would be what is the most console FPS on PC. Destiny is built on the engine from Halo 2 and Halo was written specifically for console.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
The PC experience;

Less aim assist
A sensitivity beyond 10
:prepop:
A diverged PC/console experience worse then Overwatch
Anti-aliasing and uncapped FPS?

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Roman posted:

Yes. It's all new designs of raid gear, but the raid guns are max light versions of the old guns. In the Challenge modes you can get Adept versions of primaries which are exotic and have elemental burns

But all that stuff goes in the bin with D2 right?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

But all that stuff goes in the bin with D2 right?

Yeah, the only thing that moves forward is your face and your class. This is just a big party where we enjoy having guns.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I plan on playing the raids with bros because it's fun times and we're (mostly) competent.

I don't give a poo poo about gear, but hosing people down with Praedyth's Blue Special pulse rifle and a new VoG Titan helm would be cool. Not gonna grind that poo poo out though.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

The Meat Dimension posted:

I plan on playing the raids with bros because it's fun times and we're (mostly) competent.

I don't give a poo poo about gear, but hosing people down with Praedyth's Blue Special pulse rifle and a new VoG Titan helm would be cool. Not gonna grind that poo poo out though.

This. Exotics, Ornaments, p.much all weapons and armor can get bent but I greatly look forward to playing with muh buds, :glomp: and :420:. But no grind. I can live with an unopened Triumph book but giving a poo poo about these new exotics and such, I cannot.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Can't wait to buy my age of triumph shirt in 4 hours

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Of course, please opine on more things.:allears:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Can't wait to buy my age of triumph shirt in 4 hours

Make sure to stream it so you can get the WORLD FIRST credit.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

PathAsc posted:

Of course, please opine on more things.:allears:

Destiny players are just the worst.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
This week at bungie they announce iron banner supremacy next week. D2 will be a giant tease until E3.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Steve2911 posted:

Destiny players are just the worst.

Now you're making sense.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Does it really count as a console shooter when everyone is tripping over themselves to buy a XIM?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My wishlist for Destiny 2:

- No Man Sky with Waifus
- That still feel like Destiny, but different enough that I am not tired of playing it for 9000+ hours.
- The ability (like in the Messiah game) to do Soul Migration, and see the world trough NPC eyes.
- A permadead mode where you have childrens with your waifu, and when you die, your childrens gets your gear and a stackable legacy bonus.
- A cool hacking game inside the Vex universe/internet.
- Allow (but not push) prostitution and gambling. Some sort of premium .... crates... you open with premium keys... with womens inside?

This is my humble list.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ElNarez posted:

Yeah, the only thing that moves forward is your face and your class. This is just a big party where we enjoy having guns.

Seems like a massive waste of time, enjoy if your up for it but i cant see the point in playing old content if the rewards will be useless in Sept.

Kinda like when bungie gave that flaming helmet to everyone in Halo because it was the last few months and no one gave a poo poo anymore.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

hitchensgoespop posted:

Seems like a massive waste of time, enjoy if your up for it but i cant see the point in playing old content if the rewards will be useless in Sept.

Kinda like when bungie gave that flaming helmet to everyone in Halo because it was the last few months and no one gave a poo poo anymore.

It's a goddamn video game, by definition it is a waste of time. I'm sorry adorning your space barbie in new pixels for a few months is not sufficient to give your life meaning.

I'm sure D2 will give you the validation you crave.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Aww snap, Tei back

quote:

Allow (but not push) prostitution and gambling. Some sort of premium .... crates... you open with premium keys... with womens inside?

Yeah, that's the good poo poo

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

the good fax machine posted:

Aww snap, Tei back

Not returned-returned. Still waiting for something more material announced about Destiny 2.

We already knew that Destiny 2 was coming, so a JPG file with a 2 written in it is not enough to talk about and speculate.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Lol this loving guy. Play games for fun sometimes.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Ularg posted:

Does it really count as a console shooter when everyone is tripping over themselves to buy a XIM?

Not everyone, in fact I would say, the majority of people who kill you in pvp are not using a cheating device.

Don't take this thread as an example.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Is XIM'd Mouse and Keyboard really that much better? Aside from Nazi Zombies, I basically never cared about console shooters until Destiny, so :confused:

Not that I don't play PC FPS games, I love 'em, I just...actually got accustomed to using the sticks and it feels good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Ularg posted:

Lol this loving guy. Play games for fun sometimes.

I still don't get it, your reward for playing the new content is stuff that will be in the bin in september.

By all means do the challenges for a full armour set if thats what sets you alight, i just cant see the point.

• Locked thread