Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

The fact that the real RL Stine shows up for 5 seconds at the end and confirms his status as a droopy harmless granddad is a great punchline on that poo poo

I'm trying to think of another movie that does something similar because it seemed so familiar. There's stunt casting like David Bowie as Tesla but that's not quite the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

cvnvcnv posted:

I've not seen GOOSEBUMPS but DOMINO had Domino for a few seconds at the end of that madness.

Or I guess you could refer to something like The Wire, which has the real Jay Landsman playing an entirely different character.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
American Splendor is basically a movie-length version of this

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

got any sevens posted:

The visuals of Force Awakens are great at least, the hitler speech as the superweapon fires is legit great cinema, but it just doesn't have the emotional impact of when I first saw the DEATH STAR blow up Alderaan and realized what that meant.

What about Rogue One? I just found it alright overall, but the one shot with the Death Star eclipsing the sun as the city explodes underneath was impressive.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

That was a great trailer but I also feel like I've now seen almost the entire movie. I'm more than a little bummed that they showed the resolution to that ferry sequence that they'd only hinted at in earlier versions.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Tony Stark front and center is grim tidings.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm trying to think of another movie that does something similar because it seemed so familiar. There's stunt casting like David Bowie as Tesla but that's not quite the same.

Jordan Belfort introduces Leo at a seminar in the last scene of The Wolf of Wall Street

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Jenny Angel posted:

Jordan Belfort introduces Leo at a seminar in the last scene of The Wolf of Wall Street

Ahh yes that's perfect.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

1:15 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPOiwGnbIzs

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbg_D09ke0

:stare:

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 28, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

What was it?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

That is not an appropriate trailer to put Deadpool at the end of.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Well that looks right up my alley and of course it's from A24

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

Jim Carroll shows up in Basketball Diaries too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

drat, that is some pretentious artsy hipster looking trash there.

Can't wait!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Doesn't seem wise for Casey Affleck to wear that after the sexual assault thing.

Jenny Angel posted:

I remember reading about how Belfort knew the producers for that movie probably funded it with stolen money when they flew him on a private jet to a multi-million dollar party before they even started production.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 28, 2017

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
this is also...fine.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Deakul posted:

Can't wait!

My source is IMDB trivia, so, you know, but supposedly David Lowery funded this with the money he made from Pete's Dragon.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The MSJ posted:

Doesn't seem wise for Casey Affleck to wear that after the sexual assault thing.

Was it assault or harassment? Or both? Or are they the same thing now?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Someone made money on Pete's Dragon?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The MSJ posted:

I remember reading about how Belfort knew the producers for that movie probably funded it with stolen money when they flew him on a private jet to a multi-million dollar party before they even started production.

And if there were such a thing as a "parties funded with stolen money expert", it would be Jordan Belfort.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Dillbag posted:

...actually, according to Box Office Mojo, probably.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

The real Jim Lovell is in Apollo 13. He's the captain who greets him aboard the Navy ship after they splash down.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Casting the actual person in a "based on a true story" movie in a tiny cameo role is not stunt casting at all, for gently caress's sake.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
New Iron Man looks a bit pants to be honest.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

ozmunkeh posted:

New Iron Man looks a bit pants to be honest.

Spider-Man. Black Sabbath sang Iron Man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBMVGOK70pw

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vagabundo posted:

Casting the actual person in a "based on a true story" movie in a tiny cameo role is not stunt casting at all, for gently caress's sake.

That's why I said it wasn't the same!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

The MSJ posted:

Disney really missed an opportunity to make a Turok movie.

You misspelled Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Indolent Bastard posted:

You misspelled Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

gently caress yeah he did! Seeing Jack Tenrac on the big screen would be amazing.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Dillbag posted:

I hope so, it was terrific. the dragon was so cute! :3:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Deakul posted:

Can't wait!

They did a good job of coming up with a beautiful, if silly solution to Afflecks dickishness.

They filmed a good 40% of the film with him, then he decided he wanted an extended holiday as Manchester by the Sea started to pick up acclaim so just stopped showing up for work. Refilming the ghost scenes with a stand in under a sheet and having Casey literally phone in a voice over seems to have worked well for them.

Honest to God.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Buwhaaa?

It's a shame he's such a complete shithead, because he's had quite a few performances I liked a lot.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I felt like asking if they used a stand-in when that trailer was posted and I'm glad the answer came without my query :lol:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Mar 29, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Oh, stand in. I misread that at they literally placing the sheets over a stand when Affleck decided to play hooky.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Luc Besson dropped a new Valerian trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6wHXJR2-K8

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Bless whoever gave Luc Besson $180 million to make that.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The MSJ posted:

Luc Besson dropped a new Valerian trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6wHXJR2-K8

Audio mix seems lacking and the intro is awkwardly placed oh who the gently caress am I kidding I cannot wait for this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PriorMarcus posted:

They did a good job of coming up with a beautiful, if silly solution to Afflecks dickishness.

They filmed a good 40% of the film with him, then he decided he wanted an extended holiday as Manchester by the Sea started to pick up acclaim so just stopped showing up for work. Refilming the ghost scenes with a stand in under a sheet and having Casey literally phone in a voice over seems to have worked well for them.

Honest to God.

That is amazing lol 🤣🤣🤣

• Locked thread