Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CratSock posted:

Bring on the CDG wings!

Did they ever race that? Don't think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

julian assflange posted:

Did they ever race that? Don't think so

No because that's a terrible photoshop of that dumb looking FIA concept on paper.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Taki needs to be a commentator even if its broken english.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Every year they state they want to make changes to create more overtaking and then they put in changes that do the opposite. Todt should just stop talking until he actuality has a proposal that actually has backing from the teams and the FIA.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Every year they state they want to make changes to create more overtaking and then they put in changes that do the opposite. Todt should just stop talking until he actuality has a proposal that actually has backing from the teams and the FIA.

Todt isn't a magician. There is a known solution to this problem: underfloor aero. But the teams don't want this for the exact reason that it was originally banned, which is that it's hard to control and regulate. So what we're asking for is a way to make these cars faster that doesn't increase turbulent wake, and that's not something you knock out in an afternoon.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This bullshit narrative only has any presence because lewis fans are whining, because lewis whined.

It's the only time those dipshits have anything to say.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lewis just mad he didn't win.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really look forward to another full Lewis and British media meltdown if he doesn't win this year.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"There's an area that we have to work on, our tyre usage, it is something we understand where we're losing [out]," he said.

"We're just trying to make changes to improve that for the future, which we will do.

"If the roles were reversed [in the first stint], he probably would have pulled away; they definitely had more pace on the Ultra Soft.

"I think I had more pace in that second stint, just I stopped so much earlier that I didn't know how long the tyres were going to last.

"I didn't want to push to close the gap knowing I couldn't overtake anyways and then find I've run out of tyres in the end and lose second place."

Hamilton also explained that Pirelli's tyres have retained similar dynamics in terms of their operating windows, despite the move to larger and more durable rubber.

"The tyres are very similar to what they've had before," he commented.

"There's no real difference in characteristics in the sense [that] they overheat, they drop off, they're a bigger, harder tyre.

"Last year we had Soft and Super Softs; [this year] it's like having one or two steps stiffer, so it just goes longer, there's less graining, but it's the same things you're faced with compared to the past."

Sounds like a good lad taking a pragmatic, mature approach. I think he will do well. 2007-2008 hamilton would have pushed like hell and worn out his rubber and/or crashed, instead he got a very Rosberg-esque pole to second place and we all know how that turned out.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wirth1000 posted:

No because that's a terrible photoshop of that dumb looking FIA concept on paper.

Oh okay it looked vaguely credible as the FX and FXX have similar aero.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Guys, remember El Hefe? RIP Hefe :(

We're Sorry We Lost El Hefe The Worst Thread Poster

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

Guys, remember El Hefe? RIP Hefe :(

We're Sorry We Lost El Hefe The Worst Thread Poster

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Er, might want to tweak your posts.

We don't actually know if he's dead or not and considering the state of Venezuela and that being a very strong possibility it's probably best not to joke about that.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

dentist toy box posted:

Lewis just mad he didn't win.
So you might say he is a Sham and also is Poo?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
A couple of points about the race:

1. I don't know who are all the new people who write 1000 posts a day so I can't catch up with the thread but they should stop posting, get out of the forums and (ideally) get sent to Venezuela as part of a trade for El Hefe's freedom
2. What a sad charade of a race we saw on Sunday. Singapore 2008 anyone? It is obvious that Wolff and Lauda are rooting for Vettel and gave Lewis the worse strategy on purpose, though I will admit Toto's table-punching was a nice bit of acting. If I were a Mercedes shareholder I would be furious. Who am I kidding, I bet most of them are EU bureaucrats who hate Lewis too.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh look our resident :tinfoil: Lewis fan

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Agreed, we should all believe the F1 media, they totally tell the whole story and are not fake news

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

For gently caress sakes can we we keep "fake news" poo poo outa here?

Maybe watch the race you dummy. Lewis made the call cuz Vettle was spooking him when the gap got under a second.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If there is a tier of posters than Tony and poty are on the same level and should be given the same amount acknowledgement and respect

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

If there is a tier of posters than Tony and poty are on the same level and should be given the same amount acknowledgement and respect

In case it helps improve your opinion of me, I no longer think that your favorite driver Nico Rosberg is the worst driver of all time. It is now clear that Valteri Bottas is somehow worse.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

In case it helps improve your opinion of me, I no longer think that your favorite driver Nico Rosberg is the worst driver of all time. It is now clear that Valteri Bottas is somehow worse.

How bout that Palmer?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Someone shoulda choked slammed Palmer during his post race. Dilldo blames the car even though he can't drive.

Of course the car has snap back you idiot. It has a loving Shark fin on it.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

He had some sort of mechanical issue, didn't he? Hard to keep track since the FOM feed hardly shows him (I wonder why). It's sad that he has to keep dragging that terrible Renault around instead of the championship challenger he deserves

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If by "mechanical issue" you mean can't drive. Then sure it was a mechanical issue.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

How bout that Palmer?

Magnussen is arguably even less impressive than he is.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Last year's rookie crop was so bad that that Stoffel Vandoorne won rookie of the year in F1 racing despite appearing in one race.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gio drove very well though, and if not for a mistake in the Final Sector I think he also would have out-qualified Ericcson. Im really hankering for a competitive Italian.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah Gio looks like the real deal, Ferrari would be stupid to not fast track him into a seat.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kimi seems asleep so hopefully next year.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think this also may be it for Wehrlein if he does not improve.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Your expectations of Kimi are a little ridiculous. He was primarily hired to tour around behind Vettel and get points. He can turn it on any time he wants but he's too old.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Your expectations of Kimi are a little ridiculous. He was primarily hired to tour around behind Vettel and get points. He can turn it on any time he wants but he's too old.

He was like 22 seconds back my man.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

EU bureaucrats who hate Lewis
Lewis should stop rubber stamping the tyranny in Brussels and have his own referendum on Lewexit

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

If by "mechanical issue" you mean can't drive. Then sure it was a mechanical issue.

????

Look, I'm not gonna defend Palmer's driving here but it's documentated that it was a sticking brake issue of some sort. He's even DNF'ed on the official classifications with 'Brakes' and this isn't something conjured up out of fat air.

You're pretty loving aggressive about this. Everything ok at home? Mental health help is no longer attached with a stigma was it was in the past. We're all here for you in order for you to get the help you need, Norns. I hope you can turn things around.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Kimi would be WDC if ferrari just hired him to rolling 3-race contracts. He really goes nuts when his job is on the line, and is heikki-esque otherwise.

I rate him going into the wall in spa 2008 as my greatest f1 moment ever. I actually shouted at the TV at the top of my lungs, lost in ecstasy as if i was a real sports fan. I knew in that moment a red car crashing is the most beautiful sight man can ever see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K9P9z_Lwa0&t=122s

(its such a classic battle its even filmed with 1970s cameras)

Flesh Croissant fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 28, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm fine thanks for asking though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So Lewis cooked up his tyres or the Mercedes is worse than the Ferrari on tyre managment?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

NtotheTC posted:

My Aus GP thoughts:

• You can tell it was a boring race because of how vehemently people who liked the result are trying to convince you it was a good race.

I was just about to post this till I saw you already had

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If ferrari could afford to pay Kimi to win, he'd have won.

Last season they pitted him to help vettel's points total, and he would have beat vettel if they didn't. talk poo poo about Kimi all you want, But if he wanted it, and if he thought ferrari would let him have it over vettel, he'd take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Kimi hasn't given a gently caress since 2007. He won his world title and now there's nothing else to do. The fact that he cares so little and yet is still capable of regularly reaching the podium is only proof of how good he is.

• Locked thread