Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

White Genocide posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594991

how were these lovebirds "hiding out" before the thread got moved. who found it? could that still happen :stare:

What the gently caress is this. :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I don't have archives what is it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TTerrible posted:

What the gently caress is this. :staredog:

:same:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I don't have archives what is it

its bad, but not in like a cool bad way just like bad in like a, my thats bad way.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
It's two sad 16year olds passing notes in class, but in a thread.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

White Genocide posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594991

how were these lovebirds "hiding out" before the thread got moved. who found it? could that still happen :stare:

I've only heard of this thread without seeing it, thank you.

It was in some old hidden sub that hadn't been locked (a prior version of BYOB i think?)

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Scudworth posted:

I've only heard of this thread without seeing it, thank you.

It was in some old hidden sub that hadn't been locked (a prior version of BYOB i think?)

Yeah iirc it was a hidden forum that could still be reached by forumid in the URL?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It was "comment carnival" and I forget what it was originally for.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

i didn't read 5 pages of that crap just lol at when other people appear like wtf

Scudworth posted:

cool thks

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

funmanguy posted:

It's two sad 16year olds passing notes in class, but in a thread.

One of them was older than 16 :aatrek:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum
Further answers come from an interesting source in the iphone app thread.....

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Comment Carnival keeps appearing on the list and I'd rather not be reminded of my shame!

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

It was a subforum of SAFP from time when radium tried to do frontpage comments but since he was so inept the only way he could do this was by having the support bot post mailed words. It was a failure and got quickly removed, but never locked, and then a couple months ago a couple of dumb losers started roleplaying their teenage intercontinental romance there which got found out and now it's gone.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Scudworth posted:

Lol that one of them decided to remind everyone about it. Also lol that he was banned for being a raging paedo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:stare:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Scudworth posted:

lmao amazing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wtf

So this a banned pedophile and some halpless teenage girl?

:staredog:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

wtf

So this a banned pedophile and some halpless teenage girl?

:staredog:

the girl was the pedo, khel was 16 or 17 at the time

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Uh pardon me according to his own words he would be an ephebophile

:suicide:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

Dinosaur Gum

mandatory lesbian posted:

How did you end up finding them? Or did someone else and you just posted first? Please tell us everything :allears:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

livingtrope posted:

:vince:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Scudworth posted:

How did you end up finding them? Or did someone else and you just posted first? Please tell us everything :allears:

dude that was like, 2 or 3 years ago, i don't remember. i think i just got lucky figuring out what forum they were posting in and then someone from fyad found the forum by luck too, after it came out that certain forums had been hidden but not made unpostable.

also nobody knew one of them was a kid until like way later, so all told everyone was extremely too nice to them in the thread

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Most 16 year old boys would be happy with some cougar love :shrug:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

got any sevens posted:

Slow down there Randy Bachman.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

got any sevens posted:

Teenage boys would be happy with a lot of things we don't let them have for various reasons

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Scudworth posted:

So they used a hidden forum to post this poo poo in? I'm a combination of :staredog: and kind of impressed.

Like, who the gently caress would think of that?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

mojo1701a posted:

So they used a hidden forum to post this poo poo in? I'm a combination of :staredog: and kind of impressed.

Why not just use e-mail, or skype, or any other form of communication? That's the real question.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

dude that was like, 2 or 3 years ago, i don't remember. i think i just got lucky figuring out what forum they were posting in and then someone from fyad found the forum by luck too, after it came out that certain forums had been hidden but not made unpostable.

also nobody knew one of them was a kid until like way later, so all told everyone was extremely too nice to them in the thread

they talk about how they can't have sexytime until later because of the law in America

it's pretty creepy

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Meridian posted:

Why not just use e-mail, or skype, or any other form of communication? That's the real question.

I'd rather not speculate more, because that way lies madness, but I wouldn't be surprised if the possibility of discovery was part of it.

Or maybe it was :effort:, I don't know.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How old was the girl?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I remember two posters accessing an unlisted forum back around that time and using it as their personal PM service, but I definitely don't remember it being as transparently lovey-dovey as those posts (and an additional "ew" at the age difference). Was there another instance of something like this happening or did I just mis-remember the details?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

timp posted:

I remember two posters accessing an unlisted forum back around that time and using it as their personal PM service, but I definitely don't remember it being as transparently lovey-dovey as those posts (and an additional "ew" at the age difference). Was there another instance of something like this happening or did I just mis-remember the details?

I feel like you're either right or there was a similar instance of just one person posting to their own self over and over.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

sweeperbravo posted:

I feel like you're either right or there was a similar instance of just one person posting to their own self over and over.

There was a whole forum of that poo poo.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Is there any way to access the RSF Dear Diary sub any longer? I tried searching on it and checking my own history, but the search just found references to it and my own posting history doesn't go back far enough.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Some of the Sheep posted:

There was a whole forum of that poo poo.

There was the insane BUffy (I think) forum with this one chick who posted to herself like 30000 times or something insane.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is there any way to access the RSF Dear Diary sub any longer? I tried searching on it and checking my own history, but the search just found references to it and my own posting history doesn't go back far enough.

It's now C-Spam but threads should be here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=226

If you want the most famous one, it's here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I still think we should give Dare his own forum where he's a moderator and no one else can post.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still think we should give Dare his own forum where he's a moderator and no one else can post.
He can have a whole subreddit for all I care!!!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Cool - thank you.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

mojo1701a posted:

I'm reminded of at least some time back (not sure if it's still done) where people would find pages on Gamefaqs for obscure games and just use that game's specific message board to socialize with each other, and nobody would notice because who besides like, say a weirdo like me, would go to gamefaqs looking up something like the Amiga Nightbreed games?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

I'm reminded of at least some time back (not sure if it's still done) where people would find pages on Gamefaqs for obscure games and just use that game's specific message board to socialize with each other, and nobody would notice because who besides like, say a weirdo like me, would go to gamefaqs looking up something like the Amiga Nightbreed games?

Yeah there were all sorts of hidden boards and cliques who would lurk in obscure game boards. There was a christian board and an atheism board and a drug board all under random games. There was some weird megalomaniac who ran invite-only boards full of sycophants that would move every time they were "found out" and trolled.

I'm pretty sure the drug board was on some version of frogger, which is funny.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Choco1980 posted:

I kind of like that... Finding a weird, non-private corner of the internet and just hanging out.

Reminds me of the internet circa '95-'96.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I kind of like that... Finding a weird, non-private corner of the internet and just hanging out.

Reminds me of the internet circa '95-'96.

BBS places.