Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Inimicul posted:

I only remember seeing Bistan as an extra during the scene where Jyn is at the Rebel HQ trying to convince them she knows how to get the plans to the death star and they're all "It'll never work. Get out spai"

You see a quick pan of him in the U-Wing when they're strafing or something like that, and you briefly see Pao on the ground during the assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Bistan is the gunner of the u-wing that shoots the leg off the walker.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Another Rancor raid, more Scanners. I'm up to 854 (including the one I have crafted). I have roughly 400 of the other three combined, and ONLY because I keep buying caller salvage from the shard shop. I've been out of callers for months, and I'm now almost out of furnaces. I used to have > 400 nubians, and I'm down to 250. Scanners are the only thing that drop for me anymore (I'm at 3 raids in a row -- I decided to start tracking, also gotten 2 detonator drops, 1 mk4 carbanti drop, and 1 mk3 carbanti drop).

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Davethulhu posted:

Bistan is the gunner of the u-wing that shoots the leg off the walker.

There's a little more background here:

http://www.starwars.com/news/much-to-learn-you-still-have-talking-rogue-one-aliens-with-pablo-hidalgo

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Also, he screams like a monkey.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I just started playing this a couple days ago, on a scale of 1-10 how doomed am I? Also how out of date is the OP?

nfthree
Mar 5, 2007

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I just started playing this a couple days ago, on a scale of 1-10 how doomed am I? Also how out of date is the OP?

You're screwed.
OP is fairly up to date.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

I've been playing about 3 weeks and am level 52. A good thing about this game is that it groups new players with new players. So it's not like you'll end up doing Squad Arena and Galactic War with level 85 people. My biggest aggravation with the game so far as a FTP player is when you get to about the top 100 in squad arena, you'll start fighting against whales. They have characters like Baze and Chirrut which are impossible to fight against.

So you're not doomed, but don't expect to be slaying every squad you come against in SA and GW.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Cool, I love the game so far. Now to start the crawl to 85. By the way I need allies so I can get into one of the guilds. My ally code is 145-357-211.

turn it up TURN ME ON fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Mar 29, 2017

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Cool, I love the game so far. Now to start the crawl to 85. By the way I need allies so I can get into one of the guilds. My ally code is 145-357-211.

Lol change that name

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Might need to look into how possible it is for a new player to get a Baze FTP means... probably not very, as you need to to be spending refreshes to keep up with your contemporaries.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

Might need to look into how possible it is for a new player to get a Baze FTP means... probably not very, as you need to to be spending refreshes to keep up with your contemporaries.

I am farming him this way now and it pretty drat slow. Still worth it though.

How is echo's damage for any of you clone havers? I don't think I have ever heard anything about him negative or positive. Most of the clones except sarge are just a few shipments away from 7* with Rex, fives and echo at 7 already. Then I just have to gear them for AAT/haat stuff and maybe gw. At what point do they become useful for raids and gw and poo poo? I think arena is going to be r1 toons since I heard clones are weak since Rex needs a ai tweak.

Also bistan at least can be a 5th for just about any rebel teams he takes soooooo many turns and has some great tm manipulation tools. Cassian I am almost done gearing and will test soon and if he turns out good that would be nice since he is trivial to gear.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

xyigx posted:

I am farming him this way now and it pretty drat slow. Still worth it though.

How is echo's damage for any of you clone havers? I don't think I have ever heard anything about him negative or positive. Most of the clones except sarge are just a few shipments away from 7* with Rex, fives and echo at 7 already. Then I just have to gear them for AAT/haat stuff and maybe gw. At what point do they become useful for raids and gw and poo poo? I think arena is going to be r1 toons since I heard clones are weak since Rex needs a ai tweak.

Also bistan at least can be a 5th for just about any rebel teams he takes soooooo many turns and has some great tm manipulation tools. Cassian I am almost done gearing and will test soon and if he turns out good that would be nice since he is trivial to gear.

When you get Zody, they crush GW.

For HAAT, you need them all GX, 85 with Zody.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 29, 2017

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

xyigx posted:

Lol change that name

How?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

click your level indicator in upper left, change name should be an option there.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The crawl to 85 begins to get exponential, and soon you realize all 85s are robots controlled by CG to trick you into whaling!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ijii posted:

I've been playing about 3 weeks and am level 52. A good thing about this game is that it groups new players with new players. So it's not like you'll end up doing Squad Arena and Galactic War with level 85 people. My biggest aggravation with the game so far as a FTP player is when you get to about the top 100 in squad arena, you'll start fighting against whales. They have characters like Baze and Chirrut which are impossible to fight against.

So you're not doomed, but don't expect to be slaying every squad you come against in SA and GW.

There are a lot of players who create alts so they can get in the top 5 arena right away on a new shard and then use the crystals to go straight for the harder-to-get characters that new players won't figure out for a while. It's kind of annoying.

Some people do that so they can experiment on new teams and focus on new synergies that they don't want to slow down for on their main account and that annoys me less.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
That's basically how I wound up with a Jawa account. I finally got the Engineer yesterday and he's great. I just wish his revive would work on Jawas too. His grenade attack annoys me too. I have to remember to target someone else whenever he comes into rotation or else it's a wasted attack since the others nuke the target before his grenade times out.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

I just want the space mans and ladies to shoot the other space mans and ladies. Also I like that the numbers go up.

But what should I be concentrating on? Grinding sharts out for things that'll have synergy with each other? Like if I make a stormtrooper squad or something?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Follow the OP and grind Rebels for synergy.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There's a big list of that in the OP.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Burning_Monk posted:

Follow the OP and grind Rebels for synergy.

Scoundrels then Rebels, for credit heist.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Aleth posted:

There's a big list of that in the OP.

Oh is that what that "Priority Heroes" section is for? I was wondering if that was what I should focus on.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

I just want the space mans and ladies to shoot the other space mans and ladies. Also I like that the numbers go up.

But what should I be concentrating on? Grinding sharts out for things that'll have synergy with each other? Like if I make a stormtrooper squad or something?

Gotta grind out those sharts

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Oh is that what that "Priority Heroes" section is for? I was wondering if that was what I should focus on.

Specifically: Lando, STH, Boba. All 3 are scoundrels, Lando/STH are rebels, and all 3 have utility pretty much the entire game

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

Specifically: Lando, STH, Boba. All 3 are scoundrels, Lando/STH are rebels, and all 3 have utility pretty much the entire game

Lando's utility is definitely getting massively overshadowed these days in the late game -- on the scoundrel side by Boba, and on the Rebel side by literally everyone. He's still the best hero to grind out in the first two Cantina levels, so there's no reason not to, and he's still useful in AAT (until I get Chaze up to 7*...in...a year?)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was just wondering if Cassian/K2SO might not be a good choice for new players since it gives a very early rebel synergy they can then sub out for more advanced rebels later. I realize they don't fare well in later metas due to lack of speed, but that doesn't become a huge issue until lvl 75 orso.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

OK, I need some help. I was able to ride my rebels and stay in the 20s for arena for a long time, but they don't seem to be working anymore. I'm building a Sith team, but right now both them and my Empire team aren't working. I don't have all the clones at 7 yet, so I haven't started gearing them, and my droids are stuck at G9/G10 behind the raid gear I can't get for them.

My Zader-led Empire team seems to be close to ready, and my Sith team doesn't seem like it's going to work until I get either Zid or Zavage. Do I need to get Zaul? I'm open to any suggestions, I'm trying to place somewhere above 50 for arena while working towards raid teams. https://swgoh.gg/u/diddler/collection/

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Name is fixed. I am Farticus.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Name is fixed. I am Farticus.
I'M Farticus!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Diddler posted:

OK, I need some help. I was able to ride my rebels and stay in the 20s for arena for a long time, but they don't seem to be working anymore. I'm building a Sith team, but right now both them and my Empire team aren't working. I don't have all the clones at 7 yet, so I haven't started gearing them, and my droids are stuck at G9/G10 behind the raid gear I can't get for them.

My Zader-led Empire team seems to be close to ready, and my Sith team doesn't seem like it's going to work until I get either Zid or Zavage. Do I need to get Zaul? I'm open to any suggestions, I'm trying to place somewhere above 50 for arena while working towards raid teams. https://swgoh.gg/u/diddler/collection/

According to that profile you're running Zader/Sid/shorty/wiggs. Sub in 2 of EP/TFP/Maul/Boba for Wiggs on your zader team. Wiggs is great and everything but torpedos your synergy with a Zader lead.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 30, 2017

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Fecha posted:

I'M Farticus!

No. I'm Farticus!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
My favorite team for climbing in ranks right now is Zader, Chaze, GK, Zoba, because Zavage is starting to take over. In my last battle this evening, I killed a Zavage with dots from 3/4 health. First, whenever he takes damage, he gets a HoT. Then, at the start of each turn, he removes debuffs from another sith, and puts them on himself. So, if you land 3 DoTs on another Sith, they get transfered, except they pop up again cause Zader. Then, he takes damage from all the dots on him, and gains a hot for each dot. Then Baze uses his dispel to turn all those hots into dots. I mean, this last step is unnecessary because Boba can just execute, but it's really funny to let him just implode.
I still try to leave Rex in lead overnight because it doesn't hold as well.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I started an alt account on my Galaxy phone just to see what the grind is like from scratch now.

My initial LS team was the freebies 3* Luke/ 3* CW Chewie/EW Scout/Clone Sergeant/2 *JC and then I pulled Ewok Elder from a Bronzium pack. EE isn't really that useful early on because you need a lot of DPS to get going.

I got to level 18 pretty quickly just by running through LS regular and hard battles in the first 2 stages and some dark side. By the time I got to the middle of LS stage 3, I was at GL 3 and level 20ish with my LS team so I could auto everything.

DS is a little hard because of the scarcity of characters right away. Snowtrooper/RG/Talia isn't great. I think a lvl 85 player would only have a real use for RG.

I guess the first big question for a new player would be what DS character to chase right away? I'm thinking the recommendation would be to grind Cantina 1-E for Lando shards and then convert the Cantina credits toward Daka since she becomes essential pretty early in DS stages?

So I guess, for newbies, get your LS gear level up quickly, train them up to your level. Use Cantina energy on Lando and Daka first and then switch cantina credits to unlock Fett? Is it even worth wasting a lot of time on hard mode nodes early on or just try to plow through to the hard mode 5th stage of LS/DS where JKA's shards are available?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 30, 2017

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
PRO TIP: If you are having trouble with the 1v1 event duel with Kanan Jarrus, your Leadership ability is still active, I just brought Barris lead and Ezra outheals all of Kanan's damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Pyronic posted:

PRO TIP: If you are having trouble with the 1v1 event duel with Kanan Jarrus, your Leadership ability is still active, I just brought Barris lead and Ezra outheals all of Kanan's damage.

same.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pyronic posted:

Or JKA for leet deeps.

It took me a minute to figure that out after he wiped the floor with me the first time.

also, do everything you can to protect Ezra's protection bars because it gives you a headstart

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

tadashi posted:

I started an alt account on my Galaxy phone just to see what the grind is like from scratch now.

My initial LS team was the freebies 3* Luke/ 3* CW Chewie/EW Scout/Clone Sergeant/2 *JC and then I pulled Ewok Elder from a Bronzium pack. EE isn't really that useful early on because you need a lot of DPS to get going.

I got to level 18 pretty quickly just by running through LS regular and hard battles in the first 2 stages and some dark side. By the time I got to the middle of LS stage 3, I was at GL 3 and level 20ish with my LS team so I could auto everything.

DS is a little hard because of the scarcity of characters right away. Snowtrooper/RG/Talia isn't great. I think a lvl 85 player would only have a real use for RG.

I guess the first big question for a new player would be what DS character to chase right away? I'm thinking the recommendation would be to grind Cantina 1-E for Lando shards and then convert the Cantina credits toward Daka since she becomes essential pretty early in DS stages?

So I guess, for newbies, get your LS gear level up quickly, train them up to your level. Use Cantina energy on Lando and Daka first and then switch cantina credits to unlock Fett? Is it even worth wasting a lot of time on hard mode nodes early on or just try to plow through to the hard mode 5th stage of LS/DS where JKA's shards are available?

Honestly I'm grinding for the normal Stormtrooper just so I have another warm body in the DS regular battles. It's only something like 15 or 20 sharts, so I should be able to get it pretty quick.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I also forgot about the free pilot characters you get as you unlock various levels and do the pilot challenges.

On my alt, I'm going to ditch the Clone Sergeant for a while for RP who is cool and fast. I feel like the Sergeant is only good as a member of a clone team unless someone knows something I don't.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Hes a good punching bag for space boats if you can force taunt