Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serf
May 5, 2011

ashpanash posted:

Oh, also, all the interesting sci-fi has been stripped from the game. The weird way the mass effect drives worked, the differences between species and what they had to eat, the interesting information about systems and cultures that you could scroll through and take your time exploring the world? Gone. Somehow you're fine just traveling through systems without mass relays that were supposedly required in the previous games. It's like I'm playing a game that actually takes place in a different universe with different rules, but some fans slapped a Mass Effect mod onto it.

Traveling between systems in a cluster didn't require relays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

cora being an asari weeaboo is a trait they should have played up more imo

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Pattonesque posted:

There are two asari faces: PeeBee's, and Lexi's. PeeBee's is unique. Lexi's is not.

Just a reminder that every Mass Effect game up until this one has had unique faces for most NPCs. Even salarians.

:lol:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm just starting to romance Cora; do we get to watch Vaenia in her weird greenhouse bunk?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zikan posted:

It seems weird that I haven't come across a scene of her gushing over asari stuff to Lexi or Peebee yet. I do find it funny that the two asari on the ship do not get along at all.

Reminds me of that exceedingly stupid "asari prefer to mate outside their own species" poo poo.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Serf posted:

It seems weird that I haven't come across a scene of her gushing over asari stuff to Lexi or Peebee yet. I do find it funny that the two asari on the ship do not get along at all.

Reminds me of that exceedingly stupid "asari prefer to mate outside their own species" poo poo.

there should have been a scene where cora asks them about ancient mythical asari samuraihuntress techniques that they know and they just give her a look of complete confusion and disbelief

although her loyalty mission basically being "i hope sarissia-sempai notices me!" was pretty funny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ashpanash posted:

Oh, also, all the interesting sci-fi has been stripped from the game. The weird way the mass effect drives worked, the differences between species and what they had to eat, the interesting information about systems and cultures that you could scroll through and take your time exploring the world? Gone. Somehow you're fine just traveling through systems without mass relays that were supposedly required in the previous games. It's like I'm playing a game that actually takes place in a different universe with different rules, but some fans slapped a Mass Effect mod onto it.

Incorrect. Mass Relay's facilitate travel between clusters.

This what what we needed mass relay's to travel between.

This is is a Cluster.

The Entire Andromeda game(unless something happens late) takes place in the Heleus Cluster. Not the Entire Andromeda Galaxy.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Charles Get-Out posted:

Maybe you should talk to him cause Jaal isn't really mopey. He's upfront and earnest.

He is suuper earnest and . . . really . . . pausey, and . . . emotional. He . . . struggles, he . . . has trouble, saying, the things, with the . . . emotions. It's . . . the angarans, their culture, it's . . . difficult. But the player . . . tolerates, and . . . suffers through his bullshit, if only . . . if only . . . if only because there is hope his loyalty mission is fun.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
There should be a big point in the OP that reads as YOU NEVER NEEDED MASS RELAYS TO TRAVEL INSIDE A CLUSTER

And is there really less information about the planets than in previous games? You have the codex and the summary in the planet scan interface, I can't recall other ME games being more comprehensive.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pattonesque posted:

There are two asari faces: PeeBee's, and Lexi's. PeeBee's is unique. Lexi's is not.

Just a reminder that every Mass Effect game up until this one has had unique faces for most NPCs. Even salarians.

hahahahahahahahaha

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zikan posted:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

homullus posted:

He is suuper earnest and . . . really . . . pausey, and . . . emotional. He . . . struggles, he . . . has trouble, saying, the things, with the . . . emotions. It's . . . the angarans, their culture, it's . . . difficult. But the player . . . tolerates, and . . . suffers through his bullshit, if only . . . if only . . . if only because there is hope his loyalty mission is fun.

Honestly, I never really even noticed that happening.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ashpanash posted:

Somehow you're fine just traveling through systems without mass relays that were supposedly required in the previous games. It's like I'm playing a game that actually takes place in a different universe with different rules, but some fans slapped a Mass Effect mod onto it.

Uh they haven't changed these internal rules at all, though. You warped through sectors in the other mass effect games too? You understand that this game isn't taking place in the ENTIRE andromeda galaxy, right? Just a tiny corner where stuff is close enough for non-relay travel.

e: beaten like the stepchild I am

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Serf posted:

If you bring Peebee out on missions with Drak you find out that, except for her father, her mother mated exclusively with other Asari, and all of her older sisters are stuck up purebloods, which is why she doesn't get along with more traditional Asari.

Peebee's dad is an Elcor

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33a5FvqlscY

Serf
May 5, 2011

Kurieg posted:

If you bring Peebee out on missions with Drak you find out that, except for her father, her mother mated exclusively with other Asari, and all of her older sisters are stuck up purebloods, which is why she doesn't get along with more traditional Asari.

Peebee's dad is an Elcor

I only roll with Drack and Peebee. I can't wait to hear this one because that spoilered part rules.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

homullus posted:

Angarans are super emotional, it's part of the Angaran race outline, but expressing emotions doesn't mean mopey. Jaal is way more gung ho about cool poo poo he likes than he is :smith:

If you don't like the way he talks that's kind of a separate thing.

ashpanash posted:

the dextro-levo eating poo poo is brought up a lot especially when Vetra is around or you're talking about Turians. Helleus is a cluster like in Mass Effect 3, etc., etc.

I'm starting to feel like people just ignore information presented in the game and treat it like screw ups on ME:A's part because they've heard ME:A is lazy about the writing.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 28, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kurieg posted:

Peebee's dad is an Elcor

Wait why would purebloods be stuck up, asari shun them because they perceive their genetics to be stunted and create asari vampires?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Peebee's dad is an Elcor

I wonder how many of them are Ardack-Yashis

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Charles Get-Out posted:

I'm starting to feel like people just ignore information presented in the game and treat it like screw ups on ME:A's part because they've heard ME:A is lazy about the writing.

This is a standard in TV IV threads. Is that forum leaking?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

evilmiera posted:

Wait why would purebloods be stuck up, asari shun them because they perceive their genetics to be stunted and create asari vampires?

People get proud of dumb poo poo especially when they get poo poo on by others.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Serf posted:

I only roll with Drack and Peebee. I can't wait to hear this one because that spoilered part rules.

She says something like "Mock Offense: What, can't you see it?" and Drak loses it

evilmiera posted:

I can't remember it exactly but her youngest older sister was already a matriarch when she was growing up, and Peebee ended up having four mothers who constantly told her that everything she was doing was wrong and that she should be more like them.

Also I'm pretty sure on Illium in ME2 you run across a bunch of Asari talking to each-other that basically amounts to "Purebloods look down on everyone else for having non-asari fathers. Everyone else looks down on purebloods for usually being assholes."

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

evilmiera posted:

If you believe in the purity of the Asari race. Even if the other Asari think you are crazy, you would just double down.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kurieg posted:

She says something like "Mock Offense: What, can't you see it?" and Drak loses it

I can't remember it exactly but her youngest older sister was already a matriarch when she was growing up, and Peebee ended up having four mothers who constantly told her that everything she was doing was wrong and that she should be more like them.

Also I'm pretty sure on Illium in ME2 you run across a bunch of Asari talking to each-other that basically amounts to "Purebloods look down on everyone else for having non-asari fathers. Everyone else looks down on purebloods for usually being assholes."

Pureblood Asari are basically Québécois and regular Asari are everyone else in Canada then.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Hulk Krogan posted:

This is a standard in TV IV threads. Is that forum leaking?

It's a standard for nerds everywhere.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kurieg posted:

Wtf. Going to roll with Drack and PeeBee exclusively until I hear this, that's amazing.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Kurieg posted:

I actually got the start of this conversation, but unfortunately it got interrupted by them reacting to me approaching an architect.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Torrannor posted:

Wtf. Going to roll with Drack and PeeBee exclusively until I hear this, that's amazing.

Here, someone else uploaded it

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Charles Get-Out posted:

ME:A *is* lazy about writing - particularly with regards to the dialog, though clearly I'm wrong in what I'm remembering with regards to the mass effect relays and poo poo from the other games. And in my defense, I haven't seen anything about the dextro stuff yet.

I still miss the mass relays.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is there any mention in the game of future plans to create mass relays to expand into other clusters?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

precision posted:

The single player is really finicky about who you can Charge. I got sick of seeing "INVALID TARGET" or whatever and specced back into Engineer. I want all the techsplosions.

have you tried jumping first

(You can't charge a target that has cover against you.)

Wiseblood posted:

Is there any mention in the game of future plans to create mass relays to expand into other clusters?

There's no mention in any of the games that anyone other than one Prothean team ever figured out how to create mass relays.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Wiseblood posted:

I thought nobody ever figured out how to build more mass relays.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Serf posted:

Geth did.

And I'm willing to bet any amount of money less than 5 dollars that the Quarian's Ark has a Geth on it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Serf posted:

Only those Prothean scientists that hosed up the reaping cycle and starved to death on the Citadel.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Dexo posted:

Geth did.

And I'm willing to bet any amount of money less than 5 dollars that the Quarian's Ark has a Geth on it.

What? Geth did? When?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dexo posted:

Geth did.

That would actually be a interesting story beat if the Quarian Ark is actually a combo of Quarian's/Geth that want to put the past behind them and start anew.

So we're not going to get that, its gonna be a secret Geth and the new poo poo is gonna be the same as the old poo poo.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Number Ten Cocks posted:

There's no mention in any of the games that anyone other than one Prothean team ever figured out how to create mass relays.

The Geth repurposed one. The whole reason the Andromeda initiative could scan the Heleus cluster at all from the Milky Way is that they got access to a FTL telescope the Geth made from fiddling with a relay.

E: Beaten

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 28, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

What? Geth did? When?

Wasn't it stated that the Geth created a Relay like device in their space which is how they were able to scan the Andromeda galaxy in the first place.

Edit: Oh I'm dumb I missed the line that they repurposed an already existing one

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Dexo posted:

Wasn't it stated that the Geth created a Relay like device in their space which is how they were able to scan the Andromeda galaxy in the first place.

I thought it was that they used three as an FTL lens to do the Andromeda survey. If they made one that'd put them pretty close tech wise to the reapers, which would be awesome.

edit: Either way, yeah, only way to get relays in Andromeda is to have an AI do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Admiral Ray posted:

If they made one that'd put them pretty close tech wise to the reapers, which would be awesome.

Hopefully they can come to Andromeda and finish their Dyson sphere in peace.