Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
In more "Labour abstains on a bill they really shouldn't" news, Labour peers last night abstained on a motion to anull changes to PIP that would have disqualified people with mental health conditions from accessing the higher mobility rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

TinTower posted:

In more "Labour abstains on a bill they really shouldn't" news, Labour peers last night abstained on a motion to anull changes to PIP that would have disqualified people with mental health conditions from accessing the higher mobility rate.
Why did they do that then?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
$227.50 for a share in a company that doesn't make money lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Seaside Loafer posted:

Why did they do that then?
Are you au fait with the concept of a "wasteman"?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TinTower posted:

You're a lib dem.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Correction: He's a lib dem who poured scorn on a disabled person he considered to be faking it.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

jBrereton posted:

Drake has just brought the concept of wastemanning to a whole new audience on his new album

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

Correction: He's a lib dem who poured scorn on a disabled person he considered to be faking it.

She is a lib dem.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Their being a lib dem aside which battle is Labour actually going to pick to fight any time soon?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Their being a lib dem aside which battle is Labour actually going to pick to fight any time soon?

Keir set this all out last night.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Fill a deliberate QT not watcher in if you please.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

Is defending an admitted war criminal really the hill you want to die on?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

TinTower posted:

Is defending an admitted war criminal really the hill you want to die on?

Did you mean to quote Pissflaps? Haha. But let me turn this around and ask you if attacking a mentally disabled person is your hill.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I'm not attacking a mentally ill person because he's mentally ill. I'm attacking him because he's a war criminal.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

jBrereton posted:

NO!!! You must watch it like the rest of us! Freeloading skiver right here trying to shirk their share of the misery how DARE YOU :mad:

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Also that coconut thing. Remember the coconut thing?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Both sides of this "debate" are fuckshits.

Coconuts vs The Pissflaps-Breathray-singularity-of-bad-faith.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 28, 2017

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

jBrereton posted:

Is there any more to it than wot I just looked up on urban dictionary?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

If we're going to start scolding each other for attacking the mentally ill we're probably not gonna allowed to argue with or insult each other anymore and then where would we be?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

jBrereton posted:

baka kaba posted:

Starmer basically just held to the Labour strategy -"the people decided, we voted accordingly, now we're holding the government to account with these red lines and if they're not met we won't be voting for the final deal". A lot of talk about the importance of what's happening and doing it right. Pretty dull and sincere but that's where they're at, being the serious party that's part of the process and acts as the people's watchdog

He wasn't a very engaging speaker either! Props to Nick "mey waife" Clegg for straight-up calling the whole thing bullshit all night even though everyone hated him for it. No minds were changed

Get ready for people who complained about Corbyn taking this approach being all 'nice one Keir!'

The 'six tests' are
1. Does it ensure a strong and collaborative future relationship with the EU?
2. Does it deliver the “exact same benefits” as we currently have as members of the Single Market and Customs Union?
3. Does it ensure the fair management of migration in the interests of the economy and communities?
4. Does it defend rights and protections and prevent a race to the bottom?
5. Does it protect national security and our capacity to tackle cross-border crime?
6. Does it deliver for all regions and nations of the UK?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

JFairfax posted:

is this real?

"The Graun posted:

Wilson, who owns nearly 1,000 homes across Ashford and Maidstone in Kent, is said to have told a lettings agency, Evolution, that “coloured” people leave a smell in his property. The directive, seen by the Sun newspaper, reportedly reads: “No coloured people because of the curry smell at the end of the tenancy.”

Wilson, 69, who has not responded to requests from the Guardian for comment, told the Sun: “To be honest, we’re getting overloaded with coloured people. It is a problem with certain types of coloured people – those who consume curry – it sticks to the carpet. You have to get some chemical thing that takes the smell out. In extreme cases you have to replace the carpet.” The landlord is said to have barred domestic violence victims from renting his homes, as he reportedly claimed that jealous or angry partners would cause damage by kicking down front doors and punching holes in the interior. He is also said to have blocked plumbers, single parents, workers on low income or zero-hours contracts, families with children, pet owners, smokers and single adults.
Motherfucker's a character from a racist 70s sitcom.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Regarde Aduck posted:

Both sides of this "debate" are fuckshits.

Coconuts vs The Pissflaps-Breathray-singularity-of-bad-faith.

Sometimes I get Flaps, Breath Ray, Jbrereton and hakimashou all posting on the same page and it's like the CIA have gone through and just redacted half the thread. Well, on my browser at least :v:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Apraxin posted:

Motherfucker's a character from a racist 70s sitcom.

What the Christ does he have against renting to plumbers though? Surely they would do their own repairs into the bargain. Was he touched by a plumber as a child

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WeAreTheRomans posted:

What the Christ does he have against renting to plumbers though? Surely they would do their own repairs into the bargain. Was he touched by a plumber as a child

Might be Polish, presumably.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
One touched his stopcock once.

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Has someone already pointed out that Scotland's voting to leave again that I missed?
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/28/scottish-parliament-votes-for-second-independence-referendum-nicola-sturgeon

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

MikeCrotch posted:

Sometimes I get Flaps, Breath Ray, Jbrereton and hakimashou all posting on the same page and it's like the CIA have gone through and just redacted half the thread. Well, on my browser at least :v:

an unironic "lol u r on iggy" in 2017.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
Hey Pissflaps do you think that Theresa May is going to veto this?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

OwlFancier posted:

Might be Polish, presumably.

It was literally this.

He has a list of ineligible jobs and careers for his tenants that include careers that are associated with minorities and immigrants, zero hour contracts and other unstable careers.

Unknowingly I was looking at one of his flats in Ashford a few years ago, and the letting agents kept asking me leading questions about my religious beliefs, which set off alarm bells.

Daveman23
Aug 4, 2003
The Conservatives want to delay anything on a second referendum so they can use it in the next election as successfully as it worked in 2015. Standing up against Sturgeon and the SNP for the Union (for English voters) versus a weak Labour party that could give it away for SNP support in the Commons.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/rossmccaff/status/846727252733775874

Devolution was a mistake.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

jBrereton posted:

$227.50 for a share in a company that doesn't make money lol

A company that sold less than 70000 cars last year is worth more than one that sold nearly 5m lol

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Disgusting Coward posted:

an unironic "lol u r on iggy" in 2017.

Its the difference between the thread being complete garbage and mostly garbage so

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

A company that sold less than 70000 cars last year is worth more than one that sold nearly 5m lol
*in extremely fatuous investor voice* that just means it has stratospheric potential for growth!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean the development of viable electric cars is probably more important than ford staying in business but I don't imagine that's why it has that market value.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

OwlFancier posted:

I mean the development of viable electric cars is probably more important than ford staying in business but I don't imagine that's why it has that market value.

tesla aren't doing that though lol

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

TomViolence posted:

While it's cathartic to hum and haw over individual culpability and as much as I dislike what the bloke has come to symbolise in the national psyche, I reckon the system that created him is more at fault than anything. Still, what's really playing on my mind is...

are marines troops?

Yes, unless they're Sternguard vets, in which case they're elite choices.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Miftan posted:

Unless they can prove some sort of mental issues it's still murder, I'm just saying that sweeping statements like jBreton made are unhelpful at best, and really scummy at worst.

Just as an aside, determining whether or not someone has a mental illness is incredibly subjective when that person is trying to convince you they have a mental illness. If you assume Blackman would deliberately manipulate the system in that way it would be trivial for him to look up the symptoms of PTSD and then claim to suffer from all of them. Then the whole case rests on the credulity of the psychiatrist they chose to call as an expert witness, which in turn depends on a lot on how sympathetic they were to his crime in the first place.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Scotland's parliament has voted to ask to be able to ask to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

WeAreTheRomans posted:

The non-racist reason would be that anyone who is self-employed doesn't have a steady, predictable income, making them more likely to be unable to pay the rent if they have a bad month.

Lol if you think that's his reason though, especially given the whole 'Polish plumber' stereotype specifically.

• Locked thread