Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Sacramento already has more rookie talent than Philly had up until like year 3 of their rebuild.

Hinkie wouldn't repeat the process because he doesn't need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Yeah the idea that if Hinkie gets another GM job he's going to automatically tear it down and tank for three years again is off the mark I think. He's gone on the record several times that in Philly it was just to him the most logical way forward based on his evaluation of the situation. He was assistant GM to Morey in Houston if you remember where post-Yao they sat in the 'not good enough to challenge for a title, not bad enough to get in the lottery' category for several seasons biding their time for what ended up being Harden (somewhat fortuitously, but that's another conversation) .

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Basketball is fun.
https://streamable.com/0jnzw

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It's very fun, like I said.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

tanglewood1420 posted:

Yeah the idea that if Hinkie gets another GM job he's going to automatically tear it down and tank for three years again is off the mark I think. He's gone on the record several times that in Philly it was just to him the most logical way forward based on his evaluation of the situation. He was assistant GM to Morey in Houston if you remember where post-Yao they sat in the 'not good enough to challenge for a title, not bad enough to get in the lottery' category for several seasons biding their time for what ended up being Harden (somewhat fortuitously, but that's another conversation) .
I mean, he won't do that automatically, but it's a pretty logical move in Sacramento as well.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I mean, he won't do that automatically, but it's a pretty logical move in Sacramento as well.

Buddy Hield and Skal Labissiere.

The Process 2.0

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Sacramento already has more rookie talent than Philly had up until like year 3 of their rebuild.

Hinkie wouldn't repeat the process because he doesn't need to.

The process is about getting super stars.

* looks at Sac roster*

Don't know if I agree with you mate.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

euphronius posted:

* looks at Sac roster*

Buddy Hield is p much Steph Curry tho.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can get top tier talent with the right draft person. John Hammond pretty much built a super talented team with mostly mid rounders.

The Kings still have Vlade in charge which kills everything

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EvanTH posted:

Imgur's vid to gif can clip a section out of an online video pretty quickly if you want to do it yourself in the future:
https://imgur.com/vidgif/
woo teaching a horse to fish or whatever

Thanks buddy. :3:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Buddy Hield's three into inbounds steal and second three was one of the sickest plays I've seen all year. Still pretty doubtful it was a good trade.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Libertine posted:

Buddy Hield's three into inbounds steal and second three was one of the sickest plays I've seen all year. Still pretty doubtful it was a good trade.

The Buddy part was fine.

The first rounder was fine.

The protection was not.

The fact that there was only one was not.

The fact we gave Omri Casspi was not.

Arguably the Kings gave up 2 of the best 3 players in the deal and got a top-3 protected pick for their efforts

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

euphronius posted:

* looks at Sac roster*

None of their players are likely to turn into superstars, but some could end up being solid starters. They are also all on their rookie deals. And they should be bad enough to get a top 3 pick next year. None of those things were true about Philly when Hinkie got there.

I'm not saying that Hinkie wouldn't trade WCS or Papagiannis if the right deal came around, but there's no need to do a complete teardown because the team has already been mostly torn down. Rudy Gay, Collison, Lawson, and Tyreke are gone this summer. And every other vet will be shopped regardless of whether its Hinkie or Vlade in charge.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I wish the Pacers would fire Larry Bird and bring in Hinkie.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI7zjNavceU

dokmo fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 28, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Please tell me that when you do this type of stuff for your actual job you add the music.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Buddy is literally my NBA2K create a player

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

tanglewood1420 posted:

Technically they were bad enough to get into the lottery, unfortunately they were the best non-playoff team for like four years in a row and always picked at 14

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
hinkie did a lot of good trades that secured the 76ers tons of assets, any idiot can just force his coach to play all the young players and be bad

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dexo posted:

Buddy Hield and Skal Labissiere.

The Process 2.0

I thought Skal was moving pretty well when he plays? I haven't really watched his games, though, I just looked at a few stats.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

tadashi posted:

I thought Skal was moving pretty well when he plays? I haven't really watched his games, though, I just looked at a few stats.

Hield's numbers are also a lot better in his short time in Sacramento than they were in NO.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hield's numbers are also a lot better in his short time in Sacramento than they were in NO.

They are letting him do more of what he is used to in SAC, i.e. have the ball more often. He was used more as shooter than a scorer in NOLA.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

None of their players are likely to turn into superstars, but some could end up being solid starters. They are also all on their rookie deals. And they should be bad enough to get a top 3 pick next year. None of those things were true about Philly when Hinkie got there.

I'm not saying that Hinkie wouldn't trade WCS or Papagiannis if the right deal came around, but there's no need to do a complete teardown because the team has already been mostly torn down. Rudy Gay, Collison, Lawson, and Tyreke are gone this summer. And every other vet will be shopped regardless of whether its Hinkie or Vlade in charge.

Oh I see . That's true .

The first thing hinkie would need to do is get 2019 back tho. Good thing it's only Bryan colangelo.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How about buddy hield and something else for adding top 2 protection on 2019 pick?

I don't think he Sixers would do that. But maybe.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2697750-latest-nba-hiring-trend-younger-smarter-stronger-assistant-coaches-in-demand

quote:

[...]

That's no accident or coincidence. Bliss is part of a new breed of NBA assistant coaches that have fueled the boom of young talent in the league. With teams spending increasingly less time on the practice floor and rest becoming a valued commodity, front offices have started searching for alternate ways to bring along their youngest players. One possible counter, teams have found, is to fill their coaching and video departments with young and spry former players like Bliss, assistants who boast both brains and brawn, who can help both off the court and on.

"Being big, guys like that can bang in practice with your bigs, especially with teams like ours whose main guys don't practice a lot," an assistant general manager of a veteran-laden team told Bleacher Report. "Those assistants, they can step in and help your young guys learn."

[...]

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Guys. The Celtics are in first place in the eastern conference of basketball.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

The price will increase for big assistant coaches and then there will be a market inefficiency around small guys that never played any high level basketball and thats when I will get my shot

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Salvor_Hardin posted:

and they own the pick of the team with the worst record in the NBA so they can go to heck

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Strong corroboration for the Tim Duncan WoW rumor: he just had a daughter with his girlfriend, and they named her Quill, after Peter Quill from Guardians of the Galaxy.

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm trying to keep my self from getting too excited, but its hard!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

loving lol, Channing Frye's character name was Dookiedrawls

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Wolves defense getting worse under Thibs (and still bottom 6) is interesting

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

evil_cheese posted:

I'm trying to keep my self from getting too excited, but its hard!

Heat will upset the Celtics in the 1st round if they get healthy.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What if the Cavs are secretly tanking to not play the heat in the first round?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Adam Silver: "Philly you guys are a clown show. I'm bringing in Bryan to clean up the mess that Hinkie made"
Adam Silver: "Sacramento you guys are a clown show. I'm bringing in Hinkie to clean up the mess that Bryan made"
Adam Silver: "LA you guys are a clown show. I'm bringing in Vlade to clean up the mess that Magic made"?????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Silver brought in Jerry colangelo not Bryan .

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

EvanTH posted:

and they own the pick of the team with the worst record in the NBA so they can go to heck

It's cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Heat will upset the Celtics in the 1st round if they get healthy.

Yeah. And we'll draft someone who does too much cocaine one night and dies before his first game.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Joe Lacob is a weirdo even by Silicon Valley standards

https://theringer.com/the-inside-story-of-the-nbas-newest-game-changing-trend-73c1b1961cf3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

I take back every bad thing I ever said about the ringer

• Locked thread