Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

snergle posted:

I wash my cast iron pan so that theres no grease in it come at me nerds

I season my no-stick pan. Fite me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Slime posted:

I season my cast iron pan by smearing it in the pineapples off of my pizza.

Is this the kind of person that Good Guys With Guns exist to take down?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

canyoneer posted:

nunchucks are the best. Whenever I see some goober swinging them, I like to guess whether they're going to hit themselves in the face, balls, or both.

When I was a sous chef I made a set of spoonchucks out of two big wooden spoons and two inches of chain. I wore them with my apron and good times were had.
I never used them on food. Just assholes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Microcucked 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I season my no-stick pan. Fite me.

I season my pan by rubbng circumcised foreskins over it, then use it to administer the death penalty.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

If y'all want a derail: I wipe my butt lying down.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Poldarn posted:

I wipe my butt lying down.

prone or supine? this is important

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

Standing on my head. With a circumcised pineapple.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Alaois posted:

On my side, in the fetal position.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

You'd think they'd at least be willing to share loose change...

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Sunswipe posted:

a circumcised pineapple.

I'm trying really hard to parse this and it's not coming

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
So, I guess being a get away driver makes you worse than Hitler when an attempted murder burglary goes south for the burglars.

Apparently charging the getaway driver with the crimes the criminals committed and their deaths, if they die, is a thing that can happen in a lot of states. Who knew?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
If I remember right, ANY deaths that happen during a felony get added to your sentence, even if it's a cop that tripped and broke his neck chasing you.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009
Any inherently violent felony, in most places. What's really scary is this: shoplifting some candy and physically pushing past a security guard is, technically, robbery, and if the guard chases you and breaks his neck, it was a death during an inherently violent felony. This is also why mandatory minimum sentencing was a terrible idea; the DA has incredible amounts of power here, and can do whatever they want with it. I guess the schaden is us.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Two Feet From Bread posted:

So, I guess being a get away driver makes you worse than Hitler when an attempted murder burglary goes south for the burglars.

Apparently charging the getaway driver with the crimes the criminals committed and their deaths, if they die, is a thing that can happen in a lot of states. Who knew?

I thought that was pretty common. You're part of the whole thing and guilty of any laws broken while it's being committed even if you didn't directly commit a specific crime

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Yep, felony murder is one of those absurdities that can emerge from politicians wanting to appear tough on crime.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Two Feet From Bread posted:

http://lawcomic.net/guide/?p=1310

FistOfTacitus posted:

Any inherently violent felony, in most places. What's really scary is this: shoplifting some candy and physically pushing past a security guard is, technically, robbery, and if the guard chases you and breaks his neck, it was a death during an inherently violent felony. This is also why mandatory minimum sentencing was a terrible idea; the DA has incredible amounts of power here, and can do whatever they want with it. I guess the schaden is us.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The best deterrent to crime is seemingly random and arbitrary laws and punishments that don't follow any reasonable rhyme or reason to the average person.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

A punitive justice system is an effective deterrent as evidenced by the US's low crime rate and empty prisons.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

LOL, is this like the Republican lawyer version of Jack Chick tracts?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Hot dogs are sandwiches

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
american laws are good because it results in the punishment of americans

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
if those 16 year old burglars had guns this would never have happened

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

ranbo das posted:

Hot dogs are sandwiches

so are pizzas, which should have pineapple on them.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

FistOfTacitus posted:

You can be charged for the police shooting (and presumably killing) bystanders too, by the way. So in your scenario if you physically pushed past an officer while shoplifting, they pulled out a gun and shot at you but hit grandma in the face, 'gratz, you're probably now a felony murderer. Which probably generates a ton of schadenfreude out there if you happen to be black, I suppose. :smith:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ElGroucho posted:

It's an explanation of the written law but I guess it could have a political side if you want to project that.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Being responsible for everything that happens as a side effect of your crime has been law basically everywhere in the US for a very very very long time, it's hardly news.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Wrong thread

zakharov has a new favorite as of 20:27 on Mar 28, 2017

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

I'm the lack of handcuffs on the person being arrested.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Been practicing regular and incline bench presses on a Smith machine with a suicide grip. Haven't dropped it yet but still a iffy about switching to a suicide grip on a barbell. Any recommendations for bringing my comfort level up?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Wrong thread

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

No I'm pretty sure this is the thread for posting random bs completely untreated to any topic or theme.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

May I recommend the r/relationships thread for more such high quality content

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ElGroucho posted:

I haven't gone through all of them, but I do know that they're done by a defense lawyer and I was under the impression that the reason that he creates them is to help educate people about counter-intuitive or non-obvious aspects of the law.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

JoelJoel posted:

Been practicing regular and incline bench presses on a Smith machine with a suicide grip. Haven't dropped it yet but still a iffy about switching to a suicide grip on a barbell. Any recommendations for bringing my comfort level up?

Perform this exercise on a Bosu ball while on a treadmill.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Azathoth posted:

I haven't gone through all of them, but I do know that they're done by a defense lawyer and I was under the impression that the reason that he creates them is to help educate people about counter-intuitive or non-obvious aspects of the law.

I mean read the site, it's very good. It's published in a book and all. Think of it more like Scott McCloud for law.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

A Bug posted:

I'm the lack of handcuffs on the person being arrested.

I think she's white.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

The best deterrent to crime is seemingly random and arbitrary laws and punishments that don't follow any reasonable rhyme or reason to the average person.

the US justice system isn't meant to deter crime, it's meant to keep prisons full

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOU2oGVBM_o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

JoelJoel posted:

Try using the grapefruit technique. But only uncircumcised and with pineapple and ketchup and nutella on your wonderbread hotdog sandwiches.