Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

orange juche posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2iUl0VB8c

I would be ok with this, gently caress the entire west coast as well as Japan.

For when you want to cleanse the entire Pacific Rim, go with Cascadia Fault. Ask for it by name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

orange juche posted:

gently caress ... Japan.

Take it back

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I don't get it, one gun and one bullet?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I hate facebook so goddamn much.

I want there to be a national holiday for us to each be allowed a free punch on Zuckerberg, and that Tom rear end in a top hat from myspace, and whoever created twitter, etc. I don't want them dead, just an annual day of essentially punch-buggy level of pain punches, all goddamn day.

But I do enjoy watching people ruin their lives on facebook, so there's one upside to it all.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
I'd take the ammo. I can buy a new gun once a year.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZXvScPYCao

:kimchi::kimchi::kimchi:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

kindle paperwhite $30 off

https://slickdeals.net/f/9992476-prime-members-kindle-paperwhite-6-wifi-ereader-latest-gen-90-more-free-s-h?src=sticky

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
e-readers suck.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I love my kindle.

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

RichieHimself posted:

Yeah that was me. I think it's cheap enough now that you don't really need to split it with other people. They do a veteran discount that knocks the price of the single team package down to $57 from $87. They also have a student discount now, but I'm not sure how good it is.

MLB tv has a sick veteran discount now, you rubes. It'll knock $30 off the single team or full package, but you need to cancel if you have a recurring subscription and resubscribe before the discount options will show up.

Blackouts suck, but as long as your team isn't completely blacked out where you live (RIP Jays fans in all of Canada) you'll still be able to watch 140+ games and that is way more than most people will actually watch.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

I didn't even know that there was a season 2 until I got an email about it from Netflix today. :(

YOOOOOOOOO

From many pages back, but I just finished season 1 last week and was fiending for an online stream. Thought that I was going to have to pay $25 bucks for the whole season, but this is fabulous news!

Thanks buddy!! :buddy:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
They don't advertise it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

lite_sleepr posted:

e-readers suck.

That edge.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

e-readers suck.

do you ever post good

like is there a day of the week where you post good, only we haven't seen you post on it yet

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Kobo Aura One is a dope ebook reader. I love mine.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

lite_sleepr posted:

Pssh I'm not going to take posting flak from a chump named 'EVA BRAUM BLOWJOBS'

I've had a nook and some kind of kindle thing and they were both terrible :shrug:

It's not my fault it's pretty hard to improve on book. When I read stuff, it's usually non-fiction, and I like to write all over the margins and highlight stuff. You *can* highlight in some readers, but in involves menus that are laggy and unresponsive, touchy finger gestures, and over sensitive screens. An e-reader only makes sense if you're going to deploy and want to have a large number of books (which you won't read anyway) or on the road a lot. Other than that, books are still pretty portable and not a terrible burden.

I also prefer to buy physical game discs for game consoles too because collecting stuff is fun. Wanna fight about that too?

I already have a tablet which has a reader on it. Getting a kindle/nook/sony e reader is like buying a purpose built MP3 player when you already have a pocket computer strapped to your belt in your dad holster: dumb.

Not from what I've seen, and I've owned the two most popular readers from B&N and Amazon so :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Back the gently caress up, I gave him that name TYVM. Eat a probation.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 28, 2017

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
e-readers are cool and good hth

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

do you ever post good

like is there a day of the week where you post good, only we haven't seen you post on it yet

Please stop quoting him I've been blissfully unaware of his 2extreme edge for months now.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lite_sleepr posted:

If you're going to make fun of my name at least spell it right cheese dick

Mike-o posted:

e-readers are cool and good hth

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lite_sleepr posted:

I've had a nook and some kind of kindle thing and they were both terrible :shrug:

It's not my fault it's pretty hard to improve on book. When I read stuff, it's usually non-fiction, and I like to write all over the margins and highlight stuff. You *can* highlight in some readers, but in involves menus that are laggy and unresponsive, touchy finger gestures, and over sensitive screens. An e-reader only makes sense if you're going to deploy and want to have a large number of books (which you won't read anyway) or on the road a lot. Other than that, books are still pretty portable and not a terrible burden.

I also prefer to buy physical game discs for game consoles too because collecting stuff is fun. Wanna fight about that too?

I already have a tablet which has a reader on it. Getting a kindle/nook/sony e reader is like buying a purpose built MP3 player when you already have a pocket computer strapped to your belt in your dad holster: dumb.

Not from what I've seen, and I've owned the two most popular readers from B&N and Amazon so :shrug:

you're a dweeb

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

If you're going to make fun of my name at least spell it right cheese dick

Another thing lovely about ebooks: bad formatting! On a whim I bought an ebook from Amazon and had it delivered to my phone, and before I got out of the introduction I was tripping over grammar and mechanical errors. Quotation marks for apostrophes, randomly capitalized letters, and in some cases what looked like botched HTML code. I figured that this was a problem trying to read the book on my phone, so I tried it on my tablet at home. Same problem! I wrote a scathing review on amazon about it, and the author replied saying that an updated version was being published soon and to check back! No thanks, I'll delete your lovely book that you didn't take seriously enough to have properly copy edited just so you could rush it out the door to make money. Nothing helps me really take seriously a book that reads like a reddit post.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hey Shim I found that admins would actually approve probations longer than 6 hours if I put them in.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Please stop quoting him I've been blissfully unaware of his 2extreme edge for months now.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

lite_sleepr posted:

Back the gently caress up, I gave him that name TYVM. Eat a probation.

Well I meant to quote and accidentally edited. :shrug:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hey Shim I found that admins would actually approve probations longer than 6 hours if I put them in.

They won't for me.

I've tried several times to probate Wasabi The J for a 100,000 hours and it gets denied everytime. I'll try a different person and probation level later to see if they'll hook it up.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah I meant more like 12 or 24 hours. If you're reasonable they're reasonable.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
what do you guys use for a mid-day energy boost? i am trying to avoid caffeine as much as possible.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Coffee or tea :cripes:

Or if I can swing it I take part of my lunch and try to take a 15 minute cat nap. Works surprisingly well.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I like to do a couple bumps.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TBeats posted:

what do you guys use for a mid-day energy boost? i am trying to avoid caffeine as much as possible.

Trail mix. Pemmican is really good too if you can find it.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I like to do a couple bumps.

Replace bumps with dabs, and a couple with as many as my lungs and schedule (wide open) can take.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
I just listen to some Iron Maiden or Motorhead

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

TBeats posted:

Fishscale

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

:argh:

• Locked thread