Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Spoondick posted:

iceberg lettuce is the worst, i have no idea why wedge salads are considered fine dining because they're also annoying to eat

Consider the contents of a wedge salad and remember the major clientele of steak houses (fat white men)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaveLength
Nov 22, 2006

Feel the beat
Dunno if i missed all the brexitchat earlier but just lol at the future United Kingdom of England and uhhhhhhh Wales

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
stop shaking your head,, at my posts

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Schnorkles posted:

free money.

they didn't take it because a couple lunatics successfully primaried people who did.

Obamacare is fully entrenched friend-o. Medicaid expansion will be nationwide before 2020 i would guess.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I want a hellcat like Alex jones

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fleets also typically gas up at the same spot so it'd be easy to keep them topped up with very little changed beyond replacing a couple pumps with a couple 240v outlets

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wedge salad is there because drinking dressing is still a faux pas

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

I've been listening to Russian Circles this week

Russian dresssing sucks.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

The wife wants me to eat a salad so I'm going to chop up a breakfast, dump it on the most tasteless lettuce, and cover it in ranch/thousand island - some fat idiot in 1974

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nonsense posted:

I want a hellcat like Alex jones

Same

Sincerely

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FAUXTON posted:

Electric motors don't have a "power band" in the same way internal combustion engines do. Typically they provide full torque no matter what and it's the transmission that has to smooth that out into something that doesn't snap the driveshaft. Oomph isn't a problem, but delivering that oomph might be. You don't want to have some jackass causing the load to shift because he knows he can get a sick launch even with 2 tons of bricks strapped down to the back.

people will learn real quick why the headache rack is called what it is.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

WaveLength posted:

Dunno if i missed all the brexitchat earlier but just lol at the future United Kingdom of England and uhhhhhhh Wales

Lol is NI saying "gently caress it, we'll take communion from the pope himself if we get to stay in the EU" in solidarity with, uh, scoxit?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

euphronius posted:

Wedge salad is there because drinking dressing is still a faux pas

Well, outside of the midwest at least.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I keep saying. They keep Spicey around because he's the only person they could find who is demonstrably stupider than Donald Trump.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who has the most morally correct salad choices ?

<----- this guy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Inadequate Areolas posted:

I've been listening to Russian Circles this week

Russian dresssing sucks.

Today I'm feeling like listening to Soundgarden's classic album Badmotorfinger, I think I will

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The only sad I eat up is a delectable trump word salad

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MacheteZombie posted:

"Ivanka and Betsy wanted to see the inside of a shuttle" - NASA spokeswoman telling the press as she observes the shuttle leaving our atmosphere on its way to the sun.

yes...YES!!!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: if you think the president eats his vegetables

When he ordered the famous taco salad he got it with no lettuce and no guac

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

euphronius posted:

Same

Sincerely

Imma put a Jill stein sticker on it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ham salad

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

WaveLength posted:

My boss is from Wales and was made his country got left out of its a small world

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

that other russian dressing that's like a dark french with poppy seeds or whatever in it is pretty good

whatever is on that wedge just looks like thousand island

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Holy smokes that's strange

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ShutteredIn posted:

I don't like guac, so I'm not one to judge on that one :shrug:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

electric motor torque generally decreases with rpm just like an ICE

this is a really weird thing to misunderstand

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

there will never be a potus as cool as this cat

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Misc posted:

that other russian dressing that's like a dark french with poppy seeds or whatever in it is pretty good

whatever is on that wedge just looks like thousand island

thousand islands is gonna be what america is after trump accidentally nukes us lol

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

I had to go look at things on the shop floor, anything particularly spicy happen during Spicy time?

Spice Boy answered 25 minutes of questions

He got pummeled with questions about the latest WaPo story about Sally Yates' testimony which Spicey basically called fake news then everyone went ham on Nunez and Russia and when April Ryan asked a question about all the scandals that have piled up in only 60 days, Spice Man told her -- twice -- to "stop shaking her head and acting like she was disgusted" before running off like a bitch immediately afterwards to go cry and punch his locker.

(he also made a "joke" that if Trump put Russian dressing on his salad tonight, everyone would spaz out over it, hence the salad tweets reporters are sending out)

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Lol

https://twitter.com/johnjharwood/status/846781041033580545

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ShutteredIn posted:

Lettuce is good, but guacamole is bad.

Sour cream is also bad.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Dude something's gotta give already

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I thought we all learned yesterday that just lol if you are putting anything other than ranch on your salad

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

???????

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Spice Boy answered 25 minutes of questions

He got pummeled with questions about the latest WaPo story about Sally Yates' testimony which Spicey basically called fake news then everyone went ham on Nunez and Russia and when April Ryan asked a question about all the scandals that have piled up in only 60 days, Spice Man told her -- twice -- to "stop shaking her head and acting like she was disgusted" before running off like a bitch immediately afterwards to go cry and punch his locker.

He also kept saying that, "We don't have Russia, YOU have Russia" when one of the scandals was Russia, and, "When is enough enough?" Um...maybe when the investigation by the House Intelligence Committee is done? Like, at the very least it's then, right?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/846780902013358082

https://twitter.com/AprilDRyan/status/846781047429849088

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

:agreed:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Robert Plant posted:

Dude something's gotta give already

as a white person, trump and co and brexit have shown all white people are retarded so keep dreaming homeslice

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

perhaps... a waste?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

FAUXTON posted:

Lol is NI saying "gently caress it, we'll take communion from the pope himself if we get to stay in the EU" in solidarity with, uh, scoxit?

Not really. NI is still majority unionist, it's just that the main unionist party, the DUP, lost a bunch of votes due to a local scandal implicating their leader and supporting Brexit. They still have a majority, just not a big one. However, power-sharing is required in the NI government to keep everyone from shooting each other and restarting The Troubles. The situation is actually a lot more worrying than Scoxit because nobody is going to get shot regardless of what the second indy ref says whereas NI has really not been at peace for that long. Going back to rule from Westminster is pretty risky but both sides think they can come out on top.

The DUP are unofficially allied wiht the tories and wield a lot of power while May's majority is so small. On the other hand, Sinn Fein (the main republican party) is hoping that being ruled by London will rile up enough republican sentiment to get them more power when power-sharing returns or even to re-unify Ireland.

• Locked thread