Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

thexerox123 posted:

Those people you encountered would be normal people. As opposed to cartoon characters. That's what I was referring to.

Obviously I've seen people in real life whose physical appearance is very different from what I expected based on their voice, but that's generally not a good feeling to invoke via voice acting.

I don't know what to say here. The king's voice is still the voice of a large-bodied, mature dude. What are you look for dude? More hoarseness and raspyness to remind you he's geriatric? What do you want here?

Showing there's a variety of ways people can sound isn't exactly creating dissonance. It makes the world feel more alive. There's a difference between "fitting" and "stereotypical", and the latter feels like what people want when people say the king needs to sound "older".

Inversely, they DO do that with Impa, and I think she's the weakest voice in the game, given that she's doing her best to sound old and not, like, emote and stuff. She's doing a voice, not a character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's ok for a character to be "emo" when circumstances surrounding them justify it, IMO

I liked the part where she realized she was in love with Link and that love turned out to be the catalyst which turned her magic sealing powers on

I didn't like the part where Ganon essentially cucked Link for one hundred years though

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think zelda and mipha were cool as hell and so are all the rest of the characters

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah the true ending​ to Zelda where she turns to you and says "I'm pregnant, Link. I don't truly know if the baby is yours or calamity ganon's" and Link finally breaks his silence(voice by Trevor Noah) to say "We'll find out... Together,” and then "The End?" pops up on screen was really weird. was really weird.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I didn't like the part where Ganon essentially cucked Link for one hundred years though

:yikes:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I already had enough arrows and easy access to a shop that sold them so I didn't bother with climbing the drat mountain.

I mean, I've climbed it and fought that rear end in a top hat, but I didn't need to for that quest.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

http://www.snake-pass.com

Fuckin liars. Update eshop so I can download now and jump in after work!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snake Pass looks cool. I think I'll pick it up if the Switch version is good.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Ironshrooms and ironshrooms and more ironshrooms, throw as many of em as you can get into a pot and be indestructible.

then you fight against lionel for 15 minutes because you're damage is poo poo and then there's a thunderstorm and all your poo poo is metal and you just go like "FUUUCCCKKKK"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Once again, I'm gonna wait for the goon thread hive mind to tell me what to do regarding Snake Pass.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, Snake Pass is also on Steam? Nice.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Snake pass is out.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

organburner posted:

Ironshrooms and ironshrooms and more ironshrooms, throw as many of em as you can get into a pot and be indestructible.

then you fight against lionel for 15 minutes because you're damage is poo poo and then there's a thunderstorm and all your poo poo is metal and you just go like "FUUUCCCKKKK"

Wait does this actually work?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

edit: wrong thread

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Snake Pass looks fun but also dumb.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Norns posted:

Work how? Cooking 5 ironshrooms will give you max armor up for like 4 minutes which is pretty powerful. It's how I beat the fucker, and any others of his kind that I come across.
Of course now I also have barbarian armour which speeds up the process quite a bit, let me tell ya!

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

organburner posted:

Work how? Cooking 5 ironshrooms will give you max armor up for like 4 minutes which is pretty powerful. It's how I beat the fucker, and any others of his kind that I come across.
Of course now I also have barbarian armour which speeds up the process quite a bit, let me tell ya!

I read it as link becoming metal. Not the case I guess!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Norns posted:

yeah and ruins cooking. 5 of the same thing with the same buff will result in a tier 3 long length buff.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wait, the snake in Snake Pass is named Noodle? I wasn't really interested much before, but with such a cute name and all the doofy faces it makes, maybe I'll pick it up if it's like $20 or less. Don't really care about the soundtrack because I'm that one guy that got enough of the amazon Donkey Kong Country music like 20 years ago.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

enojy posted:

Wait, the snake in Snake Pass is named Noodle? I wasn't really interested much before, but with such a cute name and all the doofy faces it makes, maybe I'll pick it up if it's like $20 or less. Don't really care about the soundtrack because I'm that one guy that got enough of the amazon Donkey Kong Country music like 20 years ago.

It's $19.99, if you're in the US.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's $20

Snake Pass? More like... more like Snake Piss! More like Snake Fail. More like Snake "I'll pass". More like Snake Pass a Kidney Stone.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 28, 2017

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Norns posted:

I read it as link becoming metal. Not the case I guess!

Oh, no, that was just that I had no way to fight during a thunderstorm. All my shields? Metal. All my melee weapons? Metal. Did you know that my fine collection of knights bows are all metal?
Frustrating.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Someone buy Snake Pass, play it for an hour, and have a report on my desk in 20 minutes, please.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It would be super cool if there was a way to tell if a bow was wood or metal before you get in a thunderstorm/volcano

Some of the Lizal bows look like they're entirely wood and bone but then AC/DC comes on and you know you're gonna get thunderstruck.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

They have Icons in the quick select during those two conditions

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Just always have a wooden bow on you. Pop the lionel in the face to stun them, then run up behind them to mount them and attack them. You do need to hit the attack button, else you'll just have one hell of a rodeo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beastie posted:

Someone buy Snake Pass, play it for an hour, and have a report on my desk in 20 minutes, please.

I bought it on Steam, I'll report in once I get off work.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Sounds like a game 4 me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

turn on your monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nah I'm kidding it looks fun though

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Snake Pass hasn't shown up on the eShop yet

https://twitter.com/Snake_Pass/status/846775703232299013

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So my right JoyCon appears to be dead. It doesn't turn on even when it's connected to the Switch itself. I've tried it while both docked and undocked and it still doesn't work.

So what do I do now besides forking over $49.99 for a replacement?

Tender Bender posted:

Try manually pressing the sync button? Mine stopped responding even when docking and undocking when the onscreen instructions said that would be sufficient, but holding the sync button did it. If yours isn't turning on at all though I can't help you.

Definitely contact Nintendo though, don't buy a new one.

Skipping 2 pages to +1 this, I had issues with (actually I think the right joycon both times) randomly just "not working", holding down the sync button seemed to fix it at least temporarily

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah and ruins cooking. 5 of the same thing with the same buff will result in a tier 3 long length buff.

4 of the thing will result in just as powerful a buff, throw in some nuts or salt or milk or whatever seasoning to extend the duration without wasting 5x of the buff food

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Please don't post Zelda spoilers outside of the Zelda thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wheany posted:

Please don't post Zelda spoilers outside of the Zelda thread.

actually, do

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
or whatever I dont care

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

eonwe posted:

actually, do

In Breath of the Wild, no one gives a gently caress when you pick up a rupee and the game doesn't stop to tell you about how happy you are or what you can do with it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I still love how he tries to kick open a chest and hurts his foot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I died the first time I used the Toon Link amiibo because I had half a heart and the chest fell on my head and killed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

My favorite part of Zelda was when I read itt that someone died to the first bokoblin they saw. And I laughed.

Then I started and promptly died on the first bokoblin I saw.

• Locked thread