Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Coolguye posted:

that is 80s garb.

The early 90's were frequently more 80's than the actual 80's when it came to fashion imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://i.imgur.com/6LonrjA.mp4

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It's a shame that there are no longer high paying, unskilled jobs in the energy sector, like running wellbores in Oklahoma, which pays around 30 bucks an hour, that these people could take.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

l m a o

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I think he's just a fidgety idiot

i'm trying to commit erasure on mentally ill people, ok?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

UrbicaMortis posted:

Well, yeah, but it's still a good gif.

Besides, it's more like Trump wins, flails and utterly fails to remove Obama's signature legislation.

His signature legislation is a blowjob for insurance corporations lol

And he has systematically removed other achievements with no issue. Just funny that obama was so smug and guess what?

Your party got annihalated lmao

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The entire state forgot about Flint?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo poor ken, mistaken about his own name

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

alnilam posted:

the shale natural gas boom has plenty of problems worth talking about but one good thing that cheap natural gas did was put the final nail in the coffin of coal's hegemony in the energy world

the most amusing thing about this change is that energy industry insiders were already saying coal was doomed in the next 10 years in 2008, as bush was leaving office and obama was making noises about how clean energy would be good. their response to it was, essentially, to point out that coal mining has seen no substantial technological or productivity advances in four decades, and as such more mechanized modes of energy production were inevitably going to crush it.

i think even known windbag t. boone pickens said as much.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

at least they're labling themselves pedos finally

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

So Trump is a habitual spiller? It's cool, I can relate. My friends don't let me drink anything except clear liquids around them.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

euphronius posted:

Exactly

Like the German have that gigantic tractor thing that eats mountains. Probably 3 guys drove it

and those three guys were most likely engineers/mechanics or whatevs. people who know how to fix complex machinery/software/code on the fly. not retards who dropped out of highschool "miners"

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 28, 2017

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

lmebo poor ken, mistaken about his own name

right you are, ken

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/846799684433842176

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

what's the chance these aren't just bots for selling liberal tears mugs?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Or just made a public pronouncement that they don't give a flying gently caress about Flint.

That's probably the actual answer to what happened on MI on November 8, 2016.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

LGD posted:

The early 90's were frequently more 80's than the actual 80's when it came to fashion imo

i've noticed the same is true of many decades
what we would call 60s fashion - psychedelia and hippy stuff - was small/counter-cultural in the late 60s but really went full sellout mainstream in the early 70s
what we think of as 70s - disco - similarly really went mainstream in the early 80s
etc etc
even today idk in hindsight what we'll associate with what decade, but you might say that "hipster fashion" will be associated with the 2000s (because that's when it was a trendy subculture) even though it was the early 2010s that it was no longer in any way countercultural and ppl like your dad and random guys in like fast food commercials were wearing flannel shirts, trucker hats, and moustaches

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

eonwe posted:

at least they're labling themselves pedos finally

it turns out they were fueled only by jealousy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:same:

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/bro_pair/status/846798707009957888

sup my jewbers?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

alnilam posted:

the shale natural gas boom has plenty of problems worth talking about but one good thing that cheap natural gas did was put the final nail in the coffin of coal's hegemony in the energy world

if Democrats had an energy policy other than ENERGY BAD they should wholeheartedly support natural gas plants and drive a giant wedge between the coal and oil industries.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i await the engineering tests of the latest generation of CCS technology with bated breath.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Turns out we could save way more money just removing all of Flint's polling stations than fixing the problem and earning their vote. In 8 years Obama never stopped us from doing this and even barely defended against our gutting of the VRA!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

wait i just did a double take

is that a virtual boy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Coolguye posted:

the most amusing thing about this change is that energy industry insiders were already saying coal was doomed in the next 10 years in 2008, as bush was leaving office and obama was making noises about how clean energy would be good. their response to it was, essentially, to point out that coal mining has seen no substantial technological or productivity advances in four decades, and as such more mechanized modes of energy production were inevitably going to crush it.

i think even known windbag t. boone pickens said as much.

I had a good laugh when NPR had an interview with a WV coal company rep who talked up all of these new technologies which were going to revolutionize coal, and then was asked multiple times to name any and he couldn't.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Al! posted:

well she's the astronaut that went crazy and wore diapers for a cross country drive to kill a guy and his wife

When I saw that tweet I was like, knowing these nebbishes on the left and right, that's probably that astronaut lady that wore diapers in a cross-country drive to kill a guy in the center, and then I was like, naw, that's stupid, it only looks like he's drawing all the most wicked people to him and binding them to him by their recalcitrance and evil like some magical lord of darkness. Then I was like, welp.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Really clean coal, the best coal, so clean.

Clean coal is such a goddamn oxymoron

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

well she's the astronaut that went crazy and wore diapers for a cross country drive to kill a guy and his wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RQtYzlArW8

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Also... the coal business knows its days as a relevant industry are never coming back anyway, partly because technology and natural gas and partly because the GOP is not going to be in control long enough for them to capitalize on the relaxed regulations. However many new megadrills and power plants they build, that poo poo will be shut down immediately once the parties flip and everything gets re-regulated.

Not all businesspersons are braindead morons.

The morons are the ones expecting the plutocratic oligarchy that owns the world to hand them a "job" and something resembling proletarian dignity, and refuse to put in work to learn any actual skills or go to college, because red-blooded Americans deserve to succeed and will achieve satisfaction because destiny says they will. Labor jobs are almost entirely going to be exported/automated no matter what; any kind of a future for an advanced nation is to get increasingly advanced. Which means backward flyover states that hate hate hate funding public education will continue to decline to a third-world standard of living while anyone with a functioning brain goes to college and then moves to live in cities with other educated elites.

Not that this observation matters to me though because growing up in a lovely school in rural Tennessee and then going to Berkeley for free has shown me that this stupid country needs to die. Just applying a bit of analytical/critical thinking. I currently don't have a choice but to go down with this ship though (burning poo poo-barge that it is) ...but whachagonnado.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 28, 2017

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-politics-republican-ags-exclusive-idUSKBN16Z1A5

Republican ag's break truce and go after dem ag's to unseat them. Dems react by talking about it.. Republicans have a massive funding advantage 14m to 5m.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

if Democrats had an energy policy other than ENERGY BAD they should wholeheartedly support natural gas plants and drive a giant wedge between the coal and oil industries.

this was what they did though?? obama pushed natural gas turbines really hard!! it actually pissed off a lot of environmentalists

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the public flogging that uber nerd's been under for the past few months is really somethin else

it also rules btw

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

oh cool a local story from my town

she's latina btw

still a funny tweet imo

Squizzle posted:

the deathstyle lifestyle

my lifestyle determines my deathstyle :q:

turn off the TV posted:

*at psychologist's office*

The PTSD started when I was ambushed by terrorists. A group of people stood by the roadside and held up signs at me. I barely escaped with my life, and still have flashbacks of that day.

*extremely psychologist voice* "lmao that owns"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

"Turns out we could save way more money just removing all of Flint's polling stations than fixing the problem and earning their vote. In 8 years Obama never stopped us from doing this and even barely defended against our gutting of the VRA!"

Hillary Clinton not even making a loving visit to Flint was more offensive to me than Trump showing up and lying to all of their faces.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

my lifestyle determines my deathstyle :q:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread