Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Not sure why they figure Columbus would expose Korpisalo over Forsberg, but ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

Ben Eager and Daniel Carcillo are coaching youth hockey.. together.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170327/sports/170328906/

This Ben Eager:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPBmmWdKmto

This was one of the best games I've ever been to. Just ridiculous from start to finish. 10 goals, Eager chirping despite losing 7-3 :confused: and Bieksa beating the snot out of Marleau. It was just pure entertainment.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 28, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Ech28/status/846566735222329345

https://twitter.com/Ech28/status/846581603837063168

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Not sure why they figure Columbus would expose Korpisalo over Forsberg, but ok.

Bob is their one protected goalie by default thanks to his NTC.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
NTC doesn't mean you have to be protected, it's just NMC, I think.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Mike_V posted:

NTC doesn't mean you have to be protected, it's just NMC, I think.

Bob has an NMC, not NTC. I mixed it up.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

xzzy posted:

The important question is did his pads survive or did the EMT's get enthusiastic with their scissors?

Eddie Lack, unlike basically every other goalie ever, likes his pads super stiff and gets new sets multiple times a year, I don't think it would bother him if they cut them off.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oakland needs a NMC so they don't go to Vegas.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mike smith makes sense for vegas to take, he fits the mold of a expensive guy on a short contract who's built to impressively steal some games.

Not listed in that espn draft but another option is signing ben bishop. Everyone has mcnabb getting picked but I think i'd rather have bishop over mcnabb.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The black colour indicates games which Montreal will lose :eng101:

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Fun fact: All 8 West teams in playoff spots can clinch by Wednesday at the earliest:
Tonight:
-Oilers beat the Kings in regulation
-Nashville gets at least a point against Boston
(Oilers, Sharks, Ducks clinch)

Tomorrow:
-Flames beat the Kings in regulation
-Blues get at least a point against Arizona
(Flames, Preds, Blues clinch)

The West is bad, and the non-playoff teams are really bad.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
flames putting the dagger on the iginla kings would be poetic

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

Lowry is also 5 years younger and hardly some no talent hack. I'm all for advocating skill over size, but Perreault is a decent but unspectacular top six option while Lowry is a good, defensive third liner who provides a modicum of offence when needed. The Jets have a bunch of skilled guys, they're lacking depth. I'd still choose Perreault all things considered, but it's hardly a terrible option to pick Lowry over him.

Pretty much all of Lowry's offense comes from standing in front of the net on the power play. He doesn't generate a lot at even strength. In terms of depth, Andrew Copp is a very similar style of center to Lowry, but has more offensive skill, and is younger. The Jets also have Petan and potentially Roslovic at center for next year. They're a different style than Lowry for sure, but the Jets probably don't need a shut down 3rd line center considering they have 2 very good two-way centers in Little and Scheifele. Plus I think that Armia is the best shut down guy anyway, and could add a lot more offense with someone like Petan or Roslovic.

Lowry is very popular with the fans, coaching staff, and management though, which might make it more likely he's protected.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Jarome Iginla gonna be traded for literally nothing.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

grack posted:

Jarome Iginla gonna be traded for literally nothing.

Wasn't he already?

Or did I get wooshed?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"It's going to end up that Jarome Iginla was traded for literally nothing."

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Few pages back, but I'm A-OK with losing any of Helm/Sheahan/Glendening.

:lol: at none of them being Detroit D-men.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Pierre LeBrun and Joe McDonald have Vegas winding up with Ferland from the Flames?

He'll be protected. He's become a perfect fit on the top line with Gaudreau and Monahan. The Flames have been really high on him for years and it's paying off.

Brouwer/Stajan/Bouma are the likely bets on F.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

TeamJesus posted:

Pierre LeBrun and Joe McDonald have Vegas winding up with Ferland from the Flames?

He'll be protected. He's become a perfect fit on the top line with Gaudreau and Monahan. The Flames have been really high on him for years and it's paying off.

Brouwer/Stajan/Bouma are the likely bets on F.

One of them had Dumoulin being exposed as well and I sincerely doubt that happens. The Pens will most likely go the one goalie/eight skaters route.

Forwards: Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist
D: Letang, Dumoulin, Maatta, Schultz

G: Murray (Maf = agrees to waive his NTC and get exposed for Vegas or is bought out/traded elsewhere ahead of time)

That would leave Rust/Hagelin as exposed forwards that Vegas might be interested in (Sheary/Guentzel are exempt thankfully). Ian Cole would be the best dman the Pens would leave exposed in this scenario.

I doubt the Pens go 7 & 3. They're hurting for good dmen as it is and they aren't gonna give up a reliable minutes eater like Dumoulin and they certainly won't give up Maatta or Schultz for nothing.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 28, 2017

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Vegas is more than welcome to take Polak, Martin, or Hunwick. I insist.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Duck Rodgers posted:

Pretty much all of Lowry's offense comes from standing in front of the net on the power play. He doesn't generate a lot at even strength. In terms of depth, Andrew Copp is a very similar style of center to Lowry, but has more offensive skill, and is younger. The Jets also have Petan and potentially Roslovic at center for next year. They're a different style than Lowry for sure, but the Jets probably don't need a shut down 3rd line center considering they have 2 very good two-way centers in Little and Scheifele. Plus I think that Armia is the best shut down guy anyway, and could add a lot more offense with someone like Petan or Roslovic.

Lowry is very popular with the fans, coaching staff, and management though, which might make it more likely he's protected.

Lowry is 23, has a cap hit of $1.125m, and is a RFA after next seasons.
Perrault is 29, has a cap hit of $4.125m, and is signed for four more seasons.

They could replace Perrault with a UFA of similar age/cost.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Poor Colorado has to play Chicago, and then a pair with both Minnisota and St Louis.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Vegas is more than welcome to take Polak, Martin, or Hunwick. I insist.

Incredibly I could see them taking either of the first two

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Sharks weren't quite an expansion team. They were a result of The North Stars being split in two.

Haha, wow, I have never heard this before. For those of you, like me, who didn't know

Wikipedia posted:

]They had long wanted to bring hockey back to the Bay Area, and asked the NHL for permission to move the North Stars there in the late 1980s, but the League vetoed the proposed move. Meanwhile, a group led by former Hartford Whalers owner Howard Baldwin was pushing the NHL to bring a team to San Jose, where a new arena was being built. Eventually, the League struck a compromise: the Gunds would sell their share of the North Stars to Baldwin's group, with the Gunds receiving an expansion team in the Bay Area to begin play in the 1991–92 season and being allowed to take a certain number of players from the North Stars to their new club.[4] In return, the North Stars would be allowed to participate as an equal partner in an expansion draft with the new Bay Area team.

So, the Sharks raided the North Stars roster, and then both teams picked from the supplemental draft.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

Haha, wow, I have never heard this before. For those of you, like me, who didn't know

So, the Sharks raided the North Stars roster, and then both teams picked from the supplemental draft.
Of note: the North Stars went to the finals in 91.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Twin Cinema posted:

I completely forgot this :psyduck:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Off of a 27-39-14 season.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Of note: the North Stars went to the finals in 91.

only because the league fixed their series against the oilers

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

It will literally be cheaper to fly from western Canada and see your local team play the Knights in Vegas than it is to see them at home. Plus, the Knights will suck so your team will probably win!

I've tacked on an Oilers game in a previously-arranged trip to Florida; the flight makes it prohibitively expensive (from this side of the continent) if that's the only reason you're going, though. But you can get a flight to Vegas for like $200.

there are also a shitload of people (hello) that want to go to oilers games but under no circumstances want to do so in edmonton

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

While it's nice they're covering the cost of the Niemi buyout for us I ask that the Wild steal their own history fair and square.

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/846814675803136001

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

JoelJoel posted:

Stars rule, sharks drool.

Incidentally, are there any Los Tiburones jerseys floating around out there?

Ive got one of them I think at my parents in socal, they gave them out small ones earlier in the season when i was there.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Golden Man posted:

there are also a shitload of people (hello) that want to go to oilers games but under no circumstances want to do so in edmonton

Thats why I go to Buffalo every year!!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I wish they would just go back to the North Stars name. I don't think it's any more confusing than having the Blues and Blue Jackets or Reds and Red Sox and they have to get rid of the Wild name.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

While it's nice they're covering the cost of the Niemi buyout for us I ask that the Wild steal their own history fair and square.

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/846814675803136001

Well, that's one way to curse a playoff run.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams
What are the rules of the expansion draft? I get the NMC/protected players, but is there compensation? Honestly I cannot understand why GMs would vote for expansion if it means losing a player, even if it's just a mediocre one with nothing in return, and give up a high level first round draft position to boot.

I've been told the expansion team can "trade" as well but I can't seem to source a good article that provides a comprehensive overview.

I dunno, I guess I could get behind seeing a hockey game in Vegas. It will probably be cheaper than Arizona for a couple of years and the same price to fly to.

\/\/ oh right I knew that the owners actually voted but I didn't know they got cash. Thanks.

Huggybear fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 28, 2017

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The GMs didn't vote, the owners did. Why? 500 million dollars.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Zodijackylite posted:

Lowry is 23, has a cap hit of $1.125m, and is a RFA after next seasons.
Perrault is 29, has a cap hit of $4.125m, and is signed for four more seasons.

They could replace Perrault with a UFA of similar age/cost.

I think Lowry is more easily replaceable. He's never going to be any better than a defensive 3rd line center. There is a replacement for him on the Jets already (Copp). Anyway I hope Chevy works a deal so that the Jets can protect more of their forwards. I don't know what that looks like though.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I wish they would just go back to the North Stars name. I don't think it's any more confusing than having the Blues and Blue Jackets or Reds and Red Sox and they have to get rid of the Wild name.

Yeah, well, they don't own it, so gently caress them.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I know it won't happen, but a deep hidden part of me is afraid there is a David Poile-esque paperwork error and GM Rutherford forgets to protect Crosby and Malkin.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Huggybear posted:

What are the rules of the expansion draft? I get the NMC/protected players, but is there compensation? Honestly I cannot understand why GMs would vote for expansion if it means losing a player, even if it's just a mediocre one with nothing in return, and give up a high level first round draft position to boot.

I've been told the expansion team can "trade" as well but I can't seem to source a good article that provides a comprehensive overview.

I dunno, I guess I could get behind seeing a hockey game in Vegas. It will probably be cheaper than Arizona for a couple of years and the same price to fly to.

\/\/ oh right I knew that the owners actually voted but I didn't know they got cash. Thanks.

I could see a team deep with prospects be more than okay with diluting the talent pools of other teams in the league. It's also a good chance for a GM with some anchor contracts to offload them on a new bottom feeder for scraps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Why am I not surprised that no Canucks were taken?

• Locked thread