Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

thats gross
im not going to cum on the game you idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not for consoles I dont think.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i feel sort of bad that i never beat the last one, and don't really remember too much about it despite liking it at the time. i think i'm going to be insanely bad as i try to get back into DS3.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i feel sort of bad that i never beat the last one, and don't really remember too much about it despite liking it at the time. i think i'm going to be insanely bad as i try to get back into DS3.
Ashes of Ariandel was probably the worst Souls DLC so far, but that's not really a huge criticism, it's just that all the other ones have been the best parts of their respective games and AoA was just a decent short area with a great boss

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Kild posted:

Steam page says it's in like 8 hours.

oh poo poo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
was there anything added between 1.09 and 1.12? or just bug fixes + stuff for the new dlc?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
from what i recall reading, there was some balance stuff with weapon types, but i haven't played myself to confirm.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

was there anything added between 1.09 and 1.12? or just bug fixes + stuff for the new dlc?

IIRC Ultra weapons swing faster for less stamina, sharp and heavy infusions got buffed a bit, heavy armor is slightly improved, and ornsteins headwear has the plume again

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

oh also poison and bleed infusions also got buffed, frost weapons do more frostbite, katana non-running attacks got sped up, carthus and follower curved swords had their range reduced, curved greatswords hit harder (exile cgs is now a monster), bonfires show how many embered players nearby

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

just eagerly refreshed steam to be greeted with this. thanks steam

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im in. this is it lads

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

And now I need to go to bed fter seeing like 20 minutes of insanely cool stuff. desert witches are back and they keep kicking my rear end

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Ashes of Ariandel was probably the worst Souls DLC so far, but that's not really a huge criticism, it's just that all the other ones have been the best parts of their respective games and AoA was just a decent short area with a great boss

Yeah the DLC area itself wasn't amazing but the boss was epic

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

not feelin this DLC

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES
I just played up to the first boss with a friend and maybe I'm just rusty but it feels like a direct response to anyone who thought the base game was too easy. It took me back to playing through 1 for the first time.

I love how after maybe 15 minutes in you're juggling a poison swamp, long range sniping enemies, curse build-up and platforming elements it's like a greatest hits in the most dark souls way possible

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

not feelin this DLC
im feeling it.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

HolePisser1982 posted:

not feelin this DLC

i didnt feel the last one and i wondered...is the magic gone

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

i didnt feel the last one and i wondered...is the magic gone

I'm just not crazy about running from cover to cover as a mechanic in souls games. I like fighting

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you can kill weird things that make the angels die and they don't respawn, I bashed my head against earthern peak for a while before realising this

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

okay i finally beat sister freide or whatever but i cant access ringed city? i talked to the painter but the bonfire hasnt shown up...

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a Loving Dog posted:

okay i finally beat sister freide or whatever but i cant access ringed city? i talked to the painter but the bonfire hasnt shown up...

if the DLC shows up on the main menu, it should be there, but i had to go back to firelink and return for the bonfire to appear

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Developing a theory that the quality of a DLC pack is directly proportional to how obtuse it is to access in game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lmfao it didnt download for some reason and now im the most owned person in the world

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've been stuck on an infinite loading screen every time I try to start it up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

Developing a theory that the quality of a DLC pack is directly proportional to how obtuse it is to access in game
this one is simpler than Ariandel and is clearly better

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

you can kill weird things that make the angels die and they don't respawn, I bashed my head against earthern peak for a while before realising this

Ya I killed it accidentally and then died and when I came back it was gone FTw. You just have to find where they are I guess. gently caress the two knights at the beginning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I guess I should beat Ariandel, huh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

I guess I should beat Ariandel, huh

I never beat that last boss, I should have just bit the bullet and summoned for it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

I never beat that last boss, I should have just bit the bullet and summoned for it.

the summonable NPC makes it a lot more manageable as well

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

not feelin this DLC

i love it ... the first boss is really good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

it is extremely difficult

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I seriously can't load my save...offline/online, tried restarting, it just keeps loading indefinitely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I've been completely in the dark about this dlc. For the first time
Since I played the original dark souls I'm going into one of these completely blind. This is gonna be epic

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I made it past the hide and seek parts and I like it now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im gonna stream my blind foray into dlc2 later, can anyone tell me how to access the dlc? im afraid to look it up and have something spoiled

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Bonfire before final boss will take u there.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

also the bonfire after sister friede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

What does ember(s) next to the bonfire name mean? I don't remember that being there before.

• Locked thread