Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Yinlock posted:

it burns the sun :getin:

FLAMING SPHERE OF HYDROGEN????

NOT IN MY BACKYARD

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what if we made the turbines out of the sea itself

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

are there any decent longterm options for making the turbines that wouldnt get dissolved by the salt air tho

the sea will melt anything, theres a reason the idea of sea as primordial uncreate chaos exists so widely across diverse cultural traditions

well i thin-

Epic High Five posted:

:eyepop:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

man theres gonna be communiuties surviving eating the birds killed by wind turbines to keep some woke as gently caress cuck warm surrounded his electric radiators

they should probably stop voting republican then, the cucks

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

drat that owns, nice work

what are some rad parts of the carolinas, ive only ever driven thru them or gone to like weddings and such, are they worth checkin out recreationally???? be honest plz

I'll let you know when I locate any. No, honestly, we have nice beaches and in the western part we have nice mountain country. If it weren't for the fire ants this state would be pretty great. But rad? I've never before seen the word "rad" and North Carolina before in the same paragraph.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9K6yC-6FyM

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Trapezound posted:

it is taking way too long to find a postable thinkingface emoji gif

but its cardboard ha ha ha

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Since the military voted for Trump I'm all for a pointless war. gently caress em, more meat for the beast.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

petit choux posted:

OTOH, where I live in SE NC, we're putting up solar farms on former tobacco fields. I call that a big win.

wasting perfectly good land for weed farms

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also you can put solar panels on homes and a lotta people are doing so even with the gop trying to stem the tide

there's a ton of ways to use renewables

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Active duty went 3:1

Retired went 2:1

Feminasty Slut posted:

Since the military voted for Trump I'm all for a pointless war. gently caress em, more meat for the beast.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

aww poo poo son, its happening

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nature selects for the birds smart enough to fly around the big obvious turbine. bing bong so simple

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

they should probably stop voting republican then, the cucks

lol if you think democrats would be any different

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

wtf does solar do to heat my house? how do you use solar to heat things? gonna have to burn SOMETHING

you realise that anything your burning is at its most fundamental a battery for solar energy right??????? the major problem is safely storing releasing and transporting power, solve those and solar gets real fuckin perfect

better than nuclear because its using heat already in the environment instead of adding more to it which is an honest to gosh long range problem even if we manage carbon

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

see these are the questions science should answer instead of this clean coal bullshit

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

man theres gonna be communiuties surviving eating the birds killed by wind turbines to keep some woke as gently caress cuck warm surrounded his electric radiators

idk where to begin with this but this is very good use of imagination, i feel like this could be a marek okon concept art to a post-apoc promo sheet for one of many generic upcoming post apoc games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

lol if you think democrats would be any different

they probably wouldnt cut off the food stamps requiring them to supplement their diet with millbirbs

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Here's an unlikely solar farm story from NC:

This guy

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/us/north-carolina-500-pound-boar/

killed a big 500 pound boar and got famous from it.
Animal Planet got in touch with him and they made a "Hunt for Hogzilla Show".

He got lots of money for the show and setup solar farm on his land. I forget if he already owned the land or bought it too.
Now he sells power to the power company $$$$. Take that libtards!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

hahaha

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Yinlock posted:

see these are the questions science should answer instead of this clean coal bullshit

:agreed:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Haha Ballogan is heating his house with solar what a cuck.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

salt and barnacles killing your turbine? why not harness that and build your turbine out of salt and barnacles? from deteriorating rapidly to self-repairing in one easy step bing bing bong

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
then when the only birds left are the ones that fly around the turbines and the forager communities around the bases of the turbines start to die, Trump 2.0 wins the presidency on a platform of shooting birds into the turbines out of cannons

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

salt and barnacles killing your turbine? why not harness that and build your turbine out of salt and barnacles? from deteriorating rapidly to self-repairing in one easy step bing bing bong

bioengineer and 3d print barnacle and salt components to imitate the turbines, why i say...

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Here's an unlikely solar farm story from NC:

This guy

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/13/us/north-carolina-500-pound-boar/

killed a big 500 pound boar and got famous from it.
Animal Planet got in touch with him and they made a "Hunt for Hogzilla Show".

He got lots of money for the show and setup solar farm on his land. I forget if he already owned the land or bought it too.
Now he sells power to the power company $$$$. Take that libtards!

Not gonna be laughing when the GOP in his state kill net metering and his income from it is cut to zero lmao

Serf
May 5, 2011

all of us energy-using cucks have learned nothing from immortan joe

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
as if any non-retard needed this information, the % of people who leave military service and say "yeah that was a good experience im happy & proud to serve my country and would do it again" is several orders of magnitude less than tbose who say "holy gently caress that was terrible i signed my life away and now have crippling ptsd and/or physical impairments amd never wamy anything to with the militaty again (except for MY BENEFITS)"

my stepdad is writing a book about his time in vietnam as psyops and his stories still fuckin floor me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Epic High Five posted:

Not gonna be laughing when the GOP in his state kill net metering and his income from it is cut to zero lmao

take that....cuckservatives????????????

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
wind/solar power seems like the ultimate gently caress the man living off the grid method of power generation, but nope, its a liberal ploy

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Failing communist sun gives power to our enemies. Sad.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

bioengineer and 3d print barnacle and salt components to imitate the turbines, why i say...

trump better look out, there's a new disruptor in chief in town

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

The evidence is now clear that the White House and Devin Nunes, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, have worked together to halt what was previously billed as a sweeping investigation of Russian interference in last year’s election. “We’ve been frozen,” Jim Himes, a Democratic representative from Connecticut who is a member of the Committee, said.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/how-the-white-house-and-republicans-blew-up-the-house-russia-investigation

:whitewater:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I want America to be strong and respected!

*Votes for a giant retard clown.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I drive by all these new developments which are 100% electric and I'm like haha suckered enjoy your $900 electric bill, I'll be heating my house with God's True Heat, natural gas

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

ex post facho posted:

as if any non-retard needed this information, the % of people who leave military service and say "yeah that was a good experience im happy & proud to serve my country and would do it again" is several orders of magnitude less than tbose who say "holy gently caress that was terrible i signed my life away and now have crippling ptsd and/or physical impairments amd never wamy anything to with the militaty again (except for MY BENEFITS)"

my stepdad is writing a book about his time in vietnam as psyops and his stories still fuckin floor me

My dad was a fighter pilot in Cambodia and came away from his service with crippling depression and anxiety.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

the thing is is that it kills fewer things esp people than mining and burning poo poo does double esp radioactive poo poo like coal

im willing to let the turbine slain birds be our omelas child on this one

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
birds will evolve explosives to take out wind farms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
hearing him talk about feeling tbe heat from napalm singe his eyebrows and watching tracers zip by him from hidden snipers in a treeline makes me reach for the nearest gallon of whole

as does watching him go through his second round of radiation treatment for prostate cancer after exposure to agent orange

• Locked thread