Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle picked a really bad time to suddenly turn poo poo imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Still in our hands tbf

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Leeds will gently caress Brighton and Homo in the rear end today

littlejoey
Jan 7, 2017

African AIDS cum posted:

Leeds will gently caress Brighton and Homo in the rear end today

Good call.

Looks like none of the top teams interesting in winning

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

nice

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

littlejoey posted:

Good call.

Looks like none of the top teams interesting in winning

We're number six why try harder

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Results are good, good

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/844932116492226562

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Norwich City have got their man and that man is Huddersfield director of football Stuart Webber. We haven't started looking for a manager yet.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed

Blue Star Error posted:

Norwich City have got their man and that man is Huddersfield director of football Stuart Webber. We haven't started looking for a manager yet.

It's Steve. The wait is just to build tension.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
You should go for Wagner as well.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

You should go for Wagner as well.

He turned down Wolfsburg early in the season iirc. If Huddersfield don't go up he'll have bigger offers than Norwich I reckon

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What does a director of football actually do

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Breath Ray posted:

What does a director of football actually do

He directs the football.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Chris wood got injured rip leeds

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Reminder that we are still in the playoff places somwhow

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Jose posted:

Hogg, Izzy Brown and Stankovich are all injured for Huddersfield apparently, possibly for rest of season. As well as Palmer who has been long term injured.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Hogg, Izzy Brown and Stankovich are all injured for Huddersfield apparently, possibly for rest of season. As well as Palmer who has been long term injured.

cool and good

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jose posted:

How bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

idk leeds have had him flown back for a scan

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I hope we can keep hold of Kodjia this summer

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gayle :getin:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love Burton

Got The Hunger Ted
Feb 22, 2007
I really like Tony!
Fulham have finally managed to stop tripping over themselves and move into the playoffs, overtaking the equally stumble-happy Wednesday. The game between the two at the end of the season is looking more and more crucial, though at this rate it'll be a 0-0 draw with 20 different errors in.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Burton own.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the ref was incredibly bad today loving hell

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
That was a fun match imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what was all the kicking off over I left the room when it happened

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
gently caress off Shola Ameobi you're a million years old that's not even the real Newcastle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTd2nA2iVEg

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
I haven't posted in this thread for a long time because being a Coventry fan this season has been even worse than I ever could have imagined... But today I watched my team win a cup final at Wembley. And I don't care that it was the Checkatrade Trophy and nobody gives a poo poo about it, it was loving awesome.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Adrianics posted:

I haven't posted in this thread for a long time because being a Coventry fan this season has been even worse than I ever could have imagined... But today I watched my team win a cup final at Wembley. And I don't care that it was the Checkatrade Trophy and nobody gives a poo poo about it, it was loving awesome.

Growing up in the Midlands, my brother was a Coventry City fan and my step-dad a Leicester City fan. To maintain maximum family rivalry I supported Birmingham City Aston Villa. So I've always had an interest in Coventry City (hell I even worked at the Ricoh Arena for a few years) and I've always rooted for you guys to get promoted so we can play each other again. Sucks that you're going down to League Two but I'm pleased y'all won a trophy at least.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
I am the harbinger of doom. I am a sailor in the corner of a hazy, wood-beamed pub. Sitting by the slap-dash, half stained glass window I spill tales of woe, beer and deep sea dangers to any one who will listen. I do this partly to cope, partly to warn others and partly to sound wise. It's all I have left and I would appreciate being humored.

Tonight Ipswich play Wigan at home and if they do not win what follows could be total devastation that would be the end of club in its current form.

Without some kind of outside cash infusion very soon I'm fairly sure Evans will need to cut his growing losses and declare the club bankrupt. This of course means points deductions and other penalties. From the outside it appears the club is clinging grimly and pathetically to the hope we can hold on to survival, before closing our eyes and pulling the trigger. I can't blame Evans for trying to get the best outcome he can but it's a hell of a gamble.

What you have to understand is we will be going down no matter what. It is a case of when, not if. Limping through this season gives us another of Championship football next, and the slightly better prospect for Evans to offload but the club's situation is so toxic it won't happen. Caving now would mean going down in the same instant but at least we'd start at even for the rebuild. If we fail to stay up (and trust me, despite a few short weeks of apparent improvement a bit back, we are more than bad enough) and then have to take the punishments we start next season in League One at minus points and we will go down again. From there the bottom is anyone's guess.

Sometimes when teams go down it can almost be a good thing. Relegation clauses can mean getting out from under bad contracts and can provide an opportunity to "clear the decks". Unfortunately Ipswich already did that. The squad is put together with sofa change, ticket prices are already at the higher end for the league, every expendable staff member culled (even in the bars, I mean everywhere), every possible corner that can be cut has been savagely lopped off. There is no where else to go.

So I extend a plea to benevolent supporters. Pray with me for a win this evening, Wigan are already gone they don't need any pity. If Evans is going with this gamble then so be it I guess we're all-in. We have to stay up to have hope of a future rebirth.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Yes Kodjia

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

You'll get 4 more draws and stay up Horse Inspector

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Derby V Fulham report - we do it

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Zlatan was not offside. Football is bullshit, refs are bullshit, 1-1 against Everton is bullshit, and the fact that wE SPEND 80 MINUTES PER MATCH IN THE OPPOSING TEAM'S HALF AND CAN'T SCORE A GOAL TO SAVE OUR lovely LIVES IS UTTER FCKUKINGG BLLSHIIIITTT PISS

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Can't believe we got away​ with that garbage defending tbh

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

Zlatan was not offside. Football is bullshit, refs are bullshit, 1-1 against Everton is bullshit, and the fact that wE SPEND 80 MINUTES PER MATCH IN THE OPPOSING TEAM'S HALF AND CAN'T SCORE A GOAL TO SAVE OUR lovely LIVES IS UTTER FCKUKINGG BLLSHIIIITTT PISS

Source your quotes

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
I'm extatic. That was pretty much best case scenario. Blackburn and Bristol lose and we win. That might just seal it and i couldn't be happier.

Although saying that I probably just doomed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Up the Canaries.

• Locked thread