Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Darkman Fanpage posted:

tbf i think most of the world has given up on proofreading. it drives me insane how many typos i find everywhere

nearly everything is misspelled nowadays

with an English degree and training for copyediting, it's a mad, mad world for Ed Balls

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this allows companies to gain access to unlisted URLs which may include secure information for your company if you work from home :toot:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Can someone link me the website a goon made ITT that uses AI to place the thinky face hand on faces?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GobiasIndustries posted:

When I opened the door and told them I didn't consent to them entering the apartment they literally cuffed me for 'seeming agitated' and apparently if someone calls the police and tells them that you are a harmful threat to someone they can do that. So...I learned something.

Eh, I'd contact one of those free city lawyers to see if this is legit and follow up with a paid one if they say it's not. I'd also request a transcript of your moms 911 call immediately.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
man, those police sure scared the poo poo outta me. if only i had a gun things woulda been different.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

When I opened the door and told them I didn't consent to them entering the apartment they literally cuffed me for 'seeming agitated' and apparently if someone calls the police and tells them that you are a harmful threat to someone they can do that. So...I learned something.

as a sovereign citizen (when i'm drunk enough), i project an air of authority that makes cops innately understand they have no jurisdiction over me

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

tbf i think most of the world has given up on proofreading. it drives me insane how many typos i find everywhere

professor fanpage strikes again

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

yesssss

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who cares if they sell our search history

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this also means companies that do background checks can also now buy these databases and see everything you've ever looked at potentially as well.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lol I left my phone in the car Sunday night, didn't answer my phone Monday morning because said phone was in the car, my mom texted me a few times then called the cops because she thought I was dead or something. Which apparently gives them permission to search my premises. They knocked on the door, then went out in the backyard searched the garage. So then I opened the back door and was immediately cuffed because I guess that's what happens when someone tells the police you might be dead.

We chatted about the NCAA tournament and the new Zelda game, I literally had to pause a podcast on my laptop while cuffed because the officer didn't know how to do it, they took my blood pressure and left.

It was...a weird day.

Welfare check. Did they ask for ID? Have to wonder what they were thinking--garage check for suicide via CO2? Handcuff you to make sure you are who say you are and not some ne'erdowell robbing your house after selling you into white slavery?

e: Time to SWAT mom? Turn about is fair play... (and I jest!)

HycoCam fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Mar 28, 2017

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Napmaster Rex met with the foreign ministers of the Baltic countries so they could set up a timetable for annexation by Russia

Secretary Tillerson Poses for a Photo With Latvian Foreign Minister Rinkevics, Lithuanian Foreign Minister Linkevicius, and Estonian Foreign Minister Mikser in Washington by U.S. Department of State, on Flickr

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Brother Friendship posted:

Police doing anything is terrifying, I had two beers over two hours (w/ food!) last Friday and got pulled over for driving over the lines and I thought I was going to jail until I blew a .028. The dude told me that the test needed the air in the bottom of my lungs so I'm like 'So that's the air I'm not giving you' and did this bitch blow onto the device and the guy kept yelling at me that I was trying to cheat the system :lol:

The time before that I was 100% convinced I was going to get shot by the cop, the guy was completely freaked out and kept reaching towards his gun. I could not imagine being black in this country, I'd have a heart attack.

The first time I visited France and saw a cop with a gun, I felt really nervous but I guess it's not as weird if you grow up with it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They just handcuffed him lol

Jesus Christ it's not a civil rights thing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mr. Jive posted:

Can someone link me the website a goon made ITT that uses AI to place the thinky face hand on faces?

1st page, 2nd post

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Darkman Fanpage posted:

And once you're insane, no one can stop you.

Source: President Donald Trump

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

this also means companies that do background checks can also now buy these databases and see everything you've ever looked at potentially as well.

like i want to remind everyone: this could potentially lead to not being hired because you read the wikipedia page for "union" once. this is some straight up cyberpunk dystopia levels of crazy poo poo.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

euphronius posted:

They just handcuffed him lol

Jesus Christ it's not a civil rights thing

hmmmmmmmmmm.....

.....ACAB

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Lastgirl posted:

1st page, 2nd post

namaste

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

UrbicaMortis posted:

The first time I visited France and saw a cop with a gun, I felt really nervous but I guess it's not as weird if you grow up with it.

lol what

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
never create joinder

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

anime was right posted:

like i want to remind everyone: this could potentially lead to not being hired because you read the wikipedia page for "union" once. this is some straight up cyberpunk dystopia levels of crazy poo poo.

time to start using tor i guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They don't link your name to your search history right

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Hahaha

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
mister.........P Barnes, if that is your real name,

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/846846776695033856

https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/846847176949088256

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

euphronius posted:

your post history is now included in all background checks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the only time ive ever seen a cop with a gun in hand was in cuba, and they were unloaded an armored truck in to a bank

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

do not scare teh police officers

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

'Clean coal, right? Cleeeeeeeeaaaan coal.' - Donald J. TRUMP

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Darkman Fanpage posted:

because wall street is based entirely on bullshit

It's this, y'all should maybe watch/read The Big Short.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

anime was right posted:

this allows companies to gain access to unlisted URLs which may include secure information for your company if you work from home :toot:

huh, that's hosed up. TRUMP

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Schnorkles posted:

you can roll back every coal regulation in existence and natural gas is still cheaper as i recall
also, natural gas has much fatter margins at a much lower price than coal :cawg:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

euphronius posted:

Who cares if they sell our search history

https://goo.gl/jDFudL

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/846849307617775616

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

I'm from the UK, our police don't have guns. It was my first time seeing one in real life and it was kinda weird. I mean, I was also pretty young.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jarofpiss posted:

your post history is now included in all background checks

Good think I'll never need another job

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

HycoCam posted:

Welfare check. Did they ask for ID? Have to wonder what they were thinking--garage check for suicide via CO2?

The only reason I answered the back door was because I share the garage with my neighbors (duplex) and I guess they had left it unlocked because I looked out the kitchen window and saw two of them in there. I figured there was like, someone on the loose in my neighborhood or something. Turns out not :lol: jesus christ yesterday was horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

euphronius posted:

No of course not, and when they see a persons FB or other personal pages being visited a zillion times they do that thing that the Westworld robots do and are like "doesn't look like a hilariously easy association to make to me" and move on.

• Locked thread