Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Deified Data posted:

The comments lead me to believe the game is buggy because of SJWs and "pakis" can anyone confirm?

Anyone with artistic integrity left Bioware shortly after it was acquired by EA, so... kinda? It's their fault for not being at all involve in making the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It looks like they made a deliberate choice to take a swan dive straight to the bottom of the Uncanny Valley.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elfface posted:

Anyone with artistic integrity left Bioware shortly after it was acquired by EA, so... kinda? It's their fault for not being at all involve in making the game.

did you actually read the post you responded to or are you just astonishingly racist

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Deified Data posted:

The comments lead me to believe the game is buggy because of SJWs and "pakis" can anyone confirm?

Anita Saarkesian appeared and began screeching when they tried to press the "make good" button and they all got scared and didn't press it. Now we're all waiting to see if the brave men and... other men of gamergate will convince them to press the "make good" button after the fact and release the results in a patch.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I personally hope they don't because it being a broken piece of garbage makes it more valuable to me.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Fister Roboto posted:

It looks like they made a deliberate choice to take a swan dive straight to the bottom of the Uncanny Valley.

At the very least, I imagine a swan diving to be a relatively elegant and graceful affair. I'm way too early to pass judgement on the game as a whole, but the animation quality really is shocking for a AAA title. Like, really bad. The sort of thing you expect from an indie game made in Gmod or something. What's weird is that there are little bits of really smooth animation, i.e walking/running, then it's followed up by some horrendous gurning. Characters who talk in the background just flap their mouths like fish, while theirs hands ineffectually paw at blast doors in some weird approximation of doing work, except they have no tools.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

mysterious frankie posted:

Anita Saarkesian appeared and began screeching when they tried to press the "make good" button and they all got scared and didn't press it. Now we're all waiting to see if the brave men and... other men of gamergate will convince them to press the "make good" button after the fact and release the results in a patch.

Tragic.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's actually at a level where it would be improved by adding a laugh track and more direct eye contact with the camera.

The sit com of mass effects.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Id play Mass Effect: The Office

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Attitude Indicator posted:

Id play Mass Effect: The Office

OK, who put my omnitool in jello?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mass Effect Andromeda animations

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Stare-Out posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda animations

I like this post.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

It really does look worse than Mass Effect 1.

I've heard good things about the outdoor environments.

The characters not so much

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mandatory lesbian posted:

did you actually read the post you responded to or are you just astonishingly racist

I read it as a joke, like yes SJWs and "pakis" are at fault because they didn't get themselves hired into the studio to stop this trainwreck. Anyone who didn't work for Bioware at the time is at fault.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Lobok posted:

I read it as a joke, like yes SJWs and "pakis" are at fault because they didn't get themselves hired into the studio to stop this trainwreck. Anyone who didn't work for Bioware at the time is at fault.

Unfortunately gamers are the most entitled consumers you will ever have the displeasure of meeting, who think that Bioware made a bad game due to pressure from minorities instead of incompetence or by a huge mistake.

I think the rigging of the models is wrong, which is causing all the mocap data to output super wrong. The duck mouths and blank eyes are bringing me to this conclusion. The characters bones will deform the model, and so even the default positions are hosed up.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Unfortunately gamers are the most entitled consumers you will ever have the displeasure of meeting, who think that Bioware made a bad game due to pressure from minorities instead of incompetence or by a huge mistake.

I think the rigging of the models is wrong, which is causing all the mocap data to output super wrong. The duck mouths and blank eyes are bringing me to this conclusion. The characters bones will deform the model, and so even the default positions are hosed up.

I mean, the smile is something from a nightmare. It's like they watched cartoon and said "this looks good" and so characters just open their mouths in a big rectangle and grimace with both rows of teeth.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Didn't the studio that worked on ME:A only have making Sims DLC as previous experience? Also, I think I've read that it originally wasn't even supposed to be a ME game.

Doesn't excuse poo poo, because hahaha 5 years and that's the best that came out of all that. I love the stupid grimace they keep making the main character do, where her upper and lower lips curl into themselves and show 130% of her teeth while also somehow showing a shitton of the inside of her mouth? Did these people not ever look at how a person moves or interacts with reality?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

pulp rag posted:

Didn't the studio that worked on ME:A only have making Sims DLC as previous experience? Also, I think I've read that it originally wasn't even supposed to be a ME game.

Doesn't excuse poo poo, because hahaha 5 years and that's the best that came out of all that. I love the stupid grimace they keep making the main character do, where her upper and lower lips curl into themselves and show 130% of her teeth while also somehow showing a shitton of the inside of her mouth? Did these people not ever look at how a person moves or interacts with reality?

Should have got the guys from LA Noire. Yeah, I'm one of the 8 people in the world that liked the face modeling from that game.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

pulp rag posted:

Like I said, I think the rigging is all hosed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4405qEhBmEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdf3U0xZM4

The models are probably fine, but the motion capture data isn't moving the points of articulation the correct way, so everything is just off.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

pulp rag posted:

Someone in another thread said they had some experience making assets for Bioware but I don't know if that's true.

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

Still waiting for a Fuzzy Donkey feature length

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Solice Kirsk posted:

Should have got the guys from LA Noire. Yeah, I'm one of the 8 people in the world that liked the face modeling from that game.

There are dozens of us!

DOZENS!!

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
http://i.imgur.com/eADHjGA.gifv

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Clown carmour

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

I always sucked at hand and arm signals

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I can't tell: is that good or bad trigger discipline?

The Jack Chop Guy
Mar 31, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

second option can also be interpreted as a sick burn

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

bagual posted:

second option can also be interpreted as a sick burn

Expose him immediately!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've installed CK2.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I've installed CK2.

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Post a trip report at some point , I love the stories that game makes glitches or no.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My Lord, I've uncovered a plot by Metal Geir Skogul to play Crusader Kings 2!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

NuminaXLT posted:

Post a trip report at some point , I love the stories that game makes glitches or no.

From what I can tell, you activate the fast forward option and wait until your fabricate claims attempts work; then invade a country. Rinse and repeat.

That being said my Irish duke somehow has a claim on an Italian province right now (I think because my wife is Italian, not really sure). I tried invading, but the Holy Roman Empire sent down a billion dudes and kicked my rear end and now are marching across Europe to invade my lovely little Irish duchy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

I tried to play it, but I think I downloaded some version that starts further in the past and I couldn't do anything interesting or political ever. I expanded from the Duchy of Livonia to take over all of Poland and NE Europe but all I could ever do was lead hunting parties and have a yearly festival. Over and over, generations upon generations, doing nothing but hunting and festivals and war.

Pretty accurate representation of the time, I suppose.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

You can pick a starting date, generally very far back is boring unless you're playing Norse or Zosa, but yeah it's a long game of patience.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

You can pick a starting date, generally very far back is boring unless you're playing Norse or Zosa, but yeah it's a long game of patience.

The Empire under Basil of Macedon is the best start.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Once this baby hits 88 160 MPH, you're going to see some serious poo poo.

Is this ME:A? Because I can't believe how much hilarious poo poo is coming from that game.

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

SpacePig posted:

Is this ME:A? Because I can't believe how much hilarious poo poo is coming from that game.

I am 99% sure that it is. And yes, you are correct.