Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

financially racist posted:

i mean poo poo they even obviously read the tos since they asked twitch about it, why the gently caress would anyone side with them.

And of course they just assumed Twitch would be a-okay with them violating the TOS because they didn't receive an email response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

And of course they just assumed Twitch would be a-okay with them violating the TOS because they didn't receive an email response.

Bet they waited a whole five minutes for a reply. Or not at all. Or even ask.

Cystic fibrosis charities will be fine without their poo poo stream. I like how they link to another streaming site and not you know, a charity site or anything.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

here's what you can expect when you let a member of team cyberdemon on your stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plujLxUUE2U&t=28s

but they're just so unfairly persecuted :qq:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The guy already sounded like a poo poo so further convincing wasn't needed, it just kind of blows that a charity stream also got killed thanks to them. :shrug:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Yardbomb posted:

The guy already sounded like a poo poo so further convincing wasn't needed, it just kind of blows that a charity stream also got killed thanks to them. :shrug:

the guys in charge of the stream read the tos, saw the rule saying banned streamers weren't allowed (as evidenced by the fact that they emailed twitch about it), and them let cyberdemon on anyway
either they did this to intentionally invite controversy or they are just blindingly and willfully stupid as gently caress. either way they deserve no sympathy at all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

also while i don't know exactly why cyberdemon was banned from twitch, they run a subreddit dedicated to harassing trans streamers and i'd not be surprised if that is the reason they were banned. cyberdemon is also banned from twitter as well, which is not an easy feat unless you were being egregiously terrible. again, the charity organizers who let cyberdemon in there are either absolute dipshits or they knew what they were doing and wanted to create controversy.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

financially racist posted:

wait, racists get infuriated by doctors without borders? i mean i knew they hated poo poo like the aclu and naacp and whatnot, but msf? it's an organization that doesn't affect them at all.

No idea. It's just my favorite charity to donate to.

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

Cyron posted:

we are going to have this wave of games for a year with awful voice acting, it gonna feel like 1998 again.

I've been following what little has been happening with the voice actor strike, and I've been remarking that For Honor has 90's level lovely voice acting but I only made the connection just now.

If this persists into the big fall releases, 2017 is going to be a doofy year for AAA games.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I for one welcome the new age of voice acting. Acceptable voice acting is simply forgotten, but voice acting like this will always be remembered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPdJgD4xKSM

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Which reminds me: if you want to drop in on a charity stream that probably won’t be raided by assholes, The F Plus is holding a 24 Terrible Hours streaming event this Friday and Saturday to benefit the Southern Poverty Law Center. I’ll be visiting around 10pm Eastern to crack jokes about the improbable stories on Not Always Learning.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I just noticed now, but Linkara got his YouTube channel back.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
And nothing of value was gained back.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

And nothing of value was gained back.

:rolleyes:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I outgrew Linkara a long time ago, but he seems like a nice guy and he provides Fat Grandma cameos in Brad Jones video, so he's cool in my book

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I outgrew Linkara a long time ago, but he seems like a nice guy and he provides Fat Grandma cameos in Brad Jones video, so he's cool in my book

Yeah, he seems like a nice enough dude, but his criticism of comics always remained pretty superficial. He kind of never outgrew the whole TGWTG style of internet criticism, at least for his comics reviews.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I mean his reviews aren't my thing either, but I'm not gonna be a dick about him getting his channel back after YT hosed something up. Especially not when there are actual terrible channels around. Trying to burn Linkara when we have garbage like Sargon of Akkad is just dumb.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Puppy Time posted:

Trying to burn Linkara when we have garbage like Sargon of Akkad is just dumb.

Nobody did that, though? :confused:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So has he made a new video about the history of power rangers yet?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Has anyone else been keeping track of companies pulling out of google ads, including YouTube, because there ads are appearing with hate speech and stuff? Because this is important and may change how Toutube does stuff.

If you are on Twitter. Follow the Sleeping Giants accounts. They are informing PR Twitter accounts for companies they see ads for on Britbart and telling them how to stop it. (Even though blocking your ads on Britbart isn't %100 garenteed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Leal posted:

So has he made a new video about the history of power rangers yet?

He's up to date, last I checked.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

Has anyone else been keeping track of companies pulling out of google ads, including YouTube, because there ads are appearing with hate speech and stuff? Because this is important and may change how Toutube does stuff.

If you are on Twitter. Follow the Sleeping Giants accounts. They are informing PR Twitter accounts for companies they see ads for on Britbart and telling them how to stop it. (Even though blocking your ads on Britbart isn't %100 garenteed.

I would love to see capitalism crush the YouTube fash even as it keeps wrecking us up.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

e X posted:

Nobody did that, though? :confused:

BTOL's post up there.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

So, Mikey Neuman who makes movies with mikey and was the lead writer on Borderlands 1 was in the hospital for 10 days because of MS and has had to relearn how to talk and walk. He seems to be doing okay now but yeah, that's a thing.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

watho posted:

So, Mikey Neuman who makes movies with mikey and was the lead writer on Borderlands 1 was in the hospital for 10 days because of MS and has had to relearn how to talk and walk. He seems to be doing okay now but yeah, that's a thing.

WOw, that's sucks.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I have trouble liking Linkara because I knew him before he started doing videos; dude was really into Ann Coulter and went to a women's comics forum to pitch his idea about why a villain's motivation/backstory of being raped on stage was actually really compelling and not needlessly creepy. Dude might have changed since then but that's forever my mental association.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I appreciate that if only as proof that literally anyone can change.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yeah, that doesn't sound like him at all. Even about ten years ago when these guys started he was openly stating he is a feminist and takes issue with rape whenever it's brought up in any of the comics in his videos.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Neeksy posted:

I have trouble liking Linkara because I knew him before he started doing videos; dude was really into Ann Coulter and went to a women's comics forum to pitch his idea about why a villain's motivation/backstory of being raped on stage was actually really compelling and not needlessly creepy. Dude might have changed since then but that's forever my mental association.

He absolutely has changed and is pretty ashamed of the way he used to be. It's one of the more heartening stories in the internet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's his origin story. ContraPoints has a similar one. They will form a superteam yet.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Terrible Opinions posted:

I appreciate that if only as proof that literally anyone can change.

I've mentioned it before but Jim Sterling used to say some incredibly lovely things. I know he used to even use the phrase femanazi without any irony and just be a really hostile rear end in a top hat so yeah, given time people can definitely change. I mean, not to dig up the past too far, even look at one of his old tweets.
https://twitter.com/jimsterling/status/32778877818372096?lang=en

Now a lot of GG folks think he's an SJW cuck -insert other buzzwords here-.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah, I don't really care about what Linkara thought in the past because he clearly doesn't think it now and hasn't for years and years. I will always accept honest change from people because let you who has not sinned among you cast the first stone etc.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Jack Gladney posted:

It's his origin story. ContraPoints has a similar one. They will form a superteam yet.

"I LOOKED AT THE TILE!"

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I'm not sure whether I should post this or not, but it looks like people are blowing up over this:

hopeandjoy posted:

Yeah, I don't really care about what Linkara thought in the past because he clearly doesn't think it now and hasn't for years and years. I will always accept honest change from people because let you who has not sinned among you cast the first stone etc.
That being said, if someone like JonTron eventually apologized for the things he's said, do you think people would accept it, or has he gone past the point of no return?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Never criticize the internet's masturbation habits, I guess.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

If we're doing then vs. now, I used to say "retarded" a lot. Like, A LOT. I was an idiot.

Anyway, a new Doctor Who Book Guide is up, this time on Gareth Robert's "The Highest Science", a book that on surface is about hubris but really is about funny cyborg turtles.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

I'm not sure whether I should post this or not, but it looks like people are blowing up over this:

Without defending the undoubtedly terrible bunch of clowns that I assume are freaking out because femfreq did anything ever, it does look kind of goofy to get that bent out of shape over something that seemed to be pretty likely a joke.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Max Wilco posted:

That being said, if someone like JonTron eventually apologized for the things he's said, do you think people would accept it, or has he gone past the point of no return?

Forgiveness is a thing, but the guilty party needs to take responsibility for their actions and hold themselves to a higher standard so they don't fall back into bad habits.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Yardbomb posted:

Without defending the undoubtedly terrible bunch of clowns that I assume are freaking out because femfreq did anything ever, it does look kind of goofy to get that bent out of shape over something that seemed to be pretty likely a joke.

I think it's more so that people are angry at Robinson.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

"Nothing is ever just a joke." especially not this goofy rear end thing that obviously reads like a joke. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2duby_rUbi8

yes this is definitely the man everyone should be taking 100% at face value

• Locked thread