Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

It's over :qq:

But everything was very tanoshii and the ending was good. I want more. Friends outside the Japari Park island? Sequel hook??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This was a good show! Good finale! I'm happy for Kaban and all of my Friends! After such a rough first couple episodes, I never would have expected this.

:wtf:

:3::3::3:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Anyone else her find out that they're a Friend that is good at crying?
I'm all in for a season 2, wish I had snagged a copy of the bluray/book.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Show of the year and my god did questions get answered. My theory was pretty much on in the end, but her hands? Then that hyena..? This is like lovely lighthearted but with a pinch of dark. No, wait a minute, she had gloves on originally. Whatever higher process recreated her tried to get those done, we see them grow bit by bit.

The friend in the end is from the game, OAV expected.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 28, 2017

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

One mystery that never got answered is why the electrical bus sounds like a diesel engine.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

MrLonghair posted:

Show of the year and my god did questions get answered. My theory was pretty much on in the end, but her hands? Then that hyena..? This is like lovely lighthearted but with a pinch of dark. No, wait a minute, she had gloves on originally. Whatever higher process recreated her tried to get those done, we see them grow bit by bit.

The friend in the end is from the game, OAV expected.

I think that hyena is the friend who got eaten by the big cerulean on the bridge in ep1? Maybe she'll get hit by Sandstar and become a friend again?

And yeah, the black on the hands is her gloves getting recreated, I'm pretty sure.

At any rate, a wonderful ending to a great show. :unsmith: I really hope we get a season 2/OAV/something at some point, I want to meet new Friends!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

to be continued kanji

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
^ "kanji"

Her tights/stockings were doing the same thing too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

some production facts
Only 10 Staff members
Entire production took 500 days
There was not enough budget to animate the tires in the opening
Before the anime, the game ended, as well as the collaboration as a whole
All the voices from the game were changed for the anime

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
This show is a miracle.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Space Flower posted:

Her tights/stockings were doing the same thing too

Yeah I just noticed that after the fact when someone else mentioned it and had to go back and rewatch it. Clever stuff. :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Davincie posted:

some production facts
Only 10 Staff members

I hope they have a prime place in anime Valhalla.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
I hope even more Friends are met.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

sockpuppetclock posted:

This show is a miracle.

Post-season threadtitle-change. It was THE sleeper hit.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Do the tights and gloves maybe indicate Kaban is slowly becoming a Cerulean?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Doesn't make sense from any perspective I can think of, and the guidebooks already point out that clothes are part of Friends; clothing regeneration seems like a natural conclusion to draw from that. The show doesn't really chase any of the darker elements possible for the setting, it just uses them for world building.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I wish more shows did that sometimes, honestly.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I wish more shows had this level of unspoken detail and hints.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/226495

movie/ova/something confirmed, either way its more

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I did not figure out the gloves thing. I thought they just ran out of budget and screwed up the coloring. :downs:

I admire this show because for apparently having a small budget and staff they infused their work with a ton of heart. Glad it worked out well for everyone.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I knew something was weird with the black finders at the end, then I went back and noticed her socks/gloves getting bigger with each time skip. Weird.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
so how much did everyone cry today

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Good, fun, deceptively charming show. Didn't hit me as hard as it seemed to hit some folks, but I enjoyed it nontheless. Hope we get an S2 with a bit more animation talent behind it.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

Space Flower posted:

I definitely teared up a little when Kaban and Serval did their "don't eat me!" "I won't eat you!!" exchange after Kaban got rescued. The way Serval shouted it got me lol

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?
Welp, I'm glad to see that some of my prediction came true. I wasn't really expecting that Kaban is a Human Friend brought to life from Mirai's hair.

Space Flower posted:

I admit I teared up toward the end when Kaban leaves Japari Park all by herself. Then I saw Serval and co. follow her and I cried from laughing.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

The biggest surprise to me was Mirai is totally possibly still alive. Even the "Bag is Mirai" crowd assumed she'd died somehow first.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm seriously glad those ten people worked their butts off to make this charming little show.

https://twitter.com/b0bduh/status/846824006753964032

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved Serval's ear twitch bit this ep

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

a kitten posted:

I'm seriously glad those ten people worked their butts off to make this charming little show.

https://twitter.com/b0bduh/status/846824006753964032

Never has a girl marrying her cat been quite so heartwarming

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I started this show because people kept posting Shoebill. All in all, I have to thank the people who latched onto that specific one-off character, since otherwise I would not have been introduced to this wonder. It was funny, it was adorable, it made me feel, it had all the elements necessary for a Really Good Anime. Here's hoping that, after the rocky start that was the game, the Kemono Friends franchise has a long and prosperous life.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It didn't come up yet so: the last Friend is a dolphin.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Guys I think this show is a Friend that's very good at making other people feel good.

The "Please don't eat me!"/"I won't/wouldn't eat you!" gag really pays off this ep. This show really turned out to be quite sublime and oh my, the clothes slowly regenerating after the fact I completely missed; I wonder what it means, is Baggy still a "Human-Friend"?.

Reading TV Tropes something else that happens that I find funny now is that in the first and last episodes after initially parting ways with Bag Serval immediately follows along afterwards.

How much of the entire population of the island being female is either a reference to Jurassic Park or didn't cross their minds at all?

I'll watch season 2.

And oh my gosh whatever animal that was at the end, this show likes surprisingly you in unexpected ways :3: I hope it becomes a Friend again!

Still miss no Dinosaur or Dragon friends.

e: Oh my god it Meows like a cat.

e2: Damnit Lady! "They're not meant to be pets" after I was thinking it.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 29, 2017

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
They're not quite the same, but Savannah Cats are a serval/domestic cat cross-breed and they're legal to keep as pets in some areas.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Caphi posted:

It didn't come up yet so: the last Friend is a dolphin.

Is that in the credits?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Good, cute show. Glad I caught up on it just in time for the finale.

Davincie posted:

some production facts
Only 10 Staff members

There's few things I like more than when a show seems totally doomed, and yet the staff manages to pull out something good against all odds purely through their own love of what they're working on. Those ten people are heroes among heroes :japan:

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Just lol if you haven't spent the last two weeks crying over your animal friends

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Btw, what/where is the Gokoku region?

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Xelkelvos posted:

Btw, what/where is the Gokoku region?
It's probably a play on the island Shikoku, "Four Countries". Gokoku would be "Five Countries". So the areas are probably named after the main Japanese islands. Didn't Lucky Beast say they were leaving Gyoshu as well?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just gonna drop this off here (it's also in the Toku thread)
https://twitter.com/kirikirimai1224/status/831344131184005120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meoW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW MEOW