Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

The last new Nintendo IP was Splatoon which was quite popular and the motion controls are optional.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/tank-troopers-3ds

A good game, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hope this gets a sequel on Switch cause it's pretty drat fun

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A sequel on Switch with online multi would be cool.

I'm not worried about Splatoon 2. The game isn't coming out for a while and the testfire felt obviously early. It also ran great me for me and similar to Splatoon 1.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

There's an "easy" mode for the controller on Steam where it removes the forward motion from the trigger and puts on the joystick along with steering Noodle, that has to be the default method of movement on the Switch version. It's easier, but controlling Noodle is still a pain.

I'm playing it on steam the normal way and it's loving great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh dang that's a Nintendo developed game? That looked kick rear end, but.. Switch.. so my 3DS hasn't been played with in like a month.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Still no outrage over that lego bullshit? Thought the press would eat that up.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
It reminded me of all of the "Nintendo hasn't developed a new IP since X" arguments in which people would completely pretend that Brain Age and Nintendogs and Wii Sports weren't things that existed, or that Brain Age especially had a number of critically-acclaimed best-selling titles.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

incoherent posted:

eurogamer picked it up, and got a vague rear end statement from the publisher.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

incoherent posted:

I'm honestly hesitant to preorder any physical release now. Nintendo-published games will probably have normal carts but seriously what would be the point of buying the Lego City cartridge?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently snake pass runs like garbage on switch at sub 720 lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
according to this link they confirmed no need for a download:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-28-fans-have-noticed-something-odd-about-lego-city-undercover-on-switch

so who knows

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The game is probably gimped in a major way without the download.

That sucks about Snake Pass. Sounds like I'll continue just sticking with exclusives, old games and the occasional indie on Switch. I hope Yooka-Laylee on Switch is okay but I'm not getting my hopes up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Empress Brosephine posted:

rear end game, runs like rear end, makes sense

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm torn because Snake Pass seems like an :effort: port but I also want to support indie devs on the Switch so more devs support it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I've been trying to download it for like an hour but the download keeps failing every five minutes and I have to restart the console to get it to tick another 2%.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I read this as "runs at 720p and has the occasional hiccup in the frame rate" since literally every single one of your posts are over the top bullshit. Thanks for the analysis, maybe I'll pick it up!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Source to backup your bullshit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9myQgyvX5_M

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

rear end game, runs like rear end, makes sense

It's an Asp game. Asp.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

enojy posted:

I read this as "runs at 720p and has the occasional hiccup in the frame rate" since literally every single one of your posts are over the top bullshit. Thanks for the analysis, maybe I'll pick it up!

Nah, people on Reddit as well as Pocket Gamer confirm that game renders at a sub-720 resolution and upscales in portable mode, and possibly something similar doocked.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I bought the snake game and it's good

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neogaf

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

deadwing posted:

I bought the snake game and it's good

But goon group think hive mind says otherwise? Whom do I trust!?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

On all levels except physical I am a snake

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Snake Pass is good fun and it runs at least at higher than 30 fps but seems to dip occasionally. Also I completed 3 levels and it tells me I have 19% completion, what?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
:getout:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I was half expecting the testfire to end with a launch date reveal.

Having nothing is kinda odd, like when does this thing even come out?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

gotta save some info for a direct and or E3

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Blaster Master started off cool as hell, then I had to play that annoying sewer level with the waves that blow you across the stage and now an entire underwater level? Jesus I hope it picks up again soon.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bought Snake Pass after all. Neogaf/Reddit is right, portable mode looks terrible. Cant say for sure that it's 480p but it sure as hell ain't 720p. Haven't had a chance to play docked yet. That said, I liked what I played, I haven't had a character in a video game control the way Noodle does and it's actually really satisfying.

Also I get the impression that the Joycon vibrate sound is intentional, it certainly seems like a "item got!" noise. The vibrators in the Joycons can be made to play sounds--my Steam controller has similar ones that play a few notes of "Still Alive" when I turn it on--so I can see a dev being like "Aha!" and adding it as a little bonus.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDT8iTFPLeg

http://www.disgaea.us/d5-complete/

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Best Buy will have Switches and NES Classics for sale on their website tomorrow. Noon CST.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vegastar posted:

EDIT: Note this won't work with the charge grip. I'm sure there's some way to ghetto rig it together, but I haven't bothered to figure it out yet.

I did the exact same thing with mine but imine's the charge drop, I just epoxied the magnet right to the circuit board.

an actual dog posted:

I'm playing it on steam the normal way and it's loving great.

How are you controlling him without losing your mind?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Docked my Switch for a sec to test Snake Pass and woah it's a marked improvement. 1080p as far as I can tell and better shadows. The graphical uptick took a second and it fell like putting my glasses on. Ridiculous.

Which is too bad, because Snake Pass seems like a great game to play in portable mode.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Mahoning posted:

Best Buy will have Switches and NES Classics for sale on their website tomorrow. Noon CST.

Thanks for the heads up. My son decided he has a burning desire to play 1-2 Switch so this is good timing!

Dumb question what is the current time CST. So I know what time to look out for tomorrow.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet if I smoked pot I would spend hours just slithering around pointlessly. It's very transfixing even while sober.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

@Mario__Bones: THERE we go
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/wb-comments-on-lego-city-undercover-switch-download https://twitter.com/Mario__Bones/status/846903073901490177/photo/1

The whole thing was Neogaf exploding over loving nothing and then the rest of the internet going copying them, as per usual.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Still willing to bet there's a 13 gig day one patch that's mandatory past a tutorial level

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

parallelodad posted:

@Mario__Bones: THERE we go
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/wb-comments-on-lego-city-undercover-switch-download https://twitter.com/Mario__Bones/status/846903073901490177/photo/1

The whole thing was Neogaf exploding over loving nothing and then the rest of the internet going copying them, as per usual.

I'm sure they'll learn from the experience

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Still willing to bet there's a 13 gig day one patch that's mandatory past a tutorial level

neogaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Willing to toxx over it?

• Locked thread