Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Listened to some more Last Podcast on the Left, I understand some of the complaints about the format but I do enjoy the humorous nature of the show, the levity is good. True crime is a super interesting subject but by its nature it is sad and usually very unsettling, so the comedic format is a welcome touch provided the jokes are actually funny. And these guys seem to have a fairly good hit to miss ratio.

I'm listening to the second Gacy episode now and was surprised to hear that it was actually determined that Gacy was out of town when one of the murders took place, and there is evidence of some sort of accomplice or perhaps a Dean Corll situation where Gacy intimidated or recruited a boy or two into helping him out. They didn't elaborate so I looked it up and one of his victims, a 19 year old former Marine, had just gotten a new roommate, who had also worked for Gacy, a few days before he was murdered. When the guy's friends came looking for him, the roommate claimed the guy had gone on a trip, and then casually mentioned to them that he knew of a secret place in town where a bunch of dead bodies were buried :raise: The weird roommate later went on to testify for the prosecution, claiming that he had dug a hole in Gacy's dank smelly crawlspace and filled it with lye per Gacy's instructions but he had no idea why Gacy asked him to do it and definitely did NOT know about the murders.

The LPotL guys also mentioned that one of Gacy's boytoy employees from his contracting company/suck n' gently caress recruitment pool went on to become one of the Chicago Rippers. I'd never heard of these guys before so I checked em out. Gacy's employee, Robin Gecht, is a self-confessed breast man who became the apparent leader of what appears to be an actual satanic cult who did actual ritualistic murder. I had no idea there were any real cases of Satanic cult murders. I always assumed all that satanic panic poo poo was just fiction from the minds of from silly pearl-clutchy churchy wasps. But apparently these dudes -- Edward Spreitzer, brothers Andrew and Thomas Kokoraleis, and in particular Robin Gecht -- were truly into Satan and incorporated satanic rituals into the brutal murders of quite a few women.

quote:

Gecht and his gang allegedly drove around in a van looking for prostitutes to sacrifice in Gecht's apartment. They claimed to have removed one breast from each victim and eaten it as Robin read passages of The Satanic Bible. It has also been said that they, after severing the breast, took turns raping the open wound. They then proceeded to each masturbate into the flesh of the breast, chop it into pieces, and devour it.

:stonklol: How do you find three other people who are down with doing this? I'd think it would be a challenge just to find one guy who was into it and even he would probably be like "eh I'll gently caress the titty a little but I'm pulling out before I nut, I mean we're gonna eat this, right? I'm not eating our cum, bro."

These creeps are believed to have murdered 18 women before abducting their last victim, Beverly Washington, who was left for dead on the side of some railroad tracks. Fortunately she was discovered before succumbing to her injuriea. She too had been raped and stabbed and mutilated and was near death but she survived and was able to give a description of the attackers and their van. Gecht and Spreitzer were soon apprehended and while Gecht remained tight-lipped, Spreitzer confessed to the attempted murder of Beverly Washington as well as seven other murders, giving detailed descriptions of each crime that depicted Gecht as the one calling all the shots. The police confronted Gecht with what evidence they managed to turn up, but Gecht remained quiet. Spreitzer then began to change his tune, naming his girlfriend's brother Andrew Kokoraleis was responsible for some of the murders. In turn Kokoraleis began confessing to various things, inadvertantly confession to involvement in 18 total murders, incriminating Spreitzer as well as his own extremely stupid brother Tom, and again naming Gecht as the leader whose orders they were all following. Simple Tom also broke down and confessed to everything, confirming what the other two had more or less admitted: Gecht was the leader, and they helped him carry out the abductions and murders to satisfy his own super weird fetishes. He was very into Satan and titties, and kept parts of all the cut up and gnawed upon breasts in a "trophy case" that was a part of a big Satanic shrine in his undoubtedly awesome apartment.

The three associates were all found guilty of murder. Two of the three received the death penalty (Andrew Kokoraleis was executed and Spreitzer had his sentence commuted to life). Simple Tom received a life sentence, but he used his dog-like desire to please his betters to bargain his sentence down to 70 years in exchange for helping the prosecutor.

Gecht, however, was only charged with and found guilty of the rape, kidnapping, and attempted murder of the final victim and sentenced to 120 years. Despite many other women coming forward with tales of being assaulted by Gecht (all of which seemed to include him going totally ape crap on their breasts with needles and razors and poo poo) and eyewitness testimony tying him and his van to the other abductions, there was never any evidence that directly tied him to the actual murders. He claims he had only just met the guys before they abducted the girl who survived. He knew nothing of any murders and the others simply used him as a scapegoat. He also unabashedly admits to his love of big giant titties, bragging that he's the latest in a long line of Gechtmen who loved big breasted women and that his ex-wife was a 39D and it totally ruled guys

Gecht is up for parole in five years and hopes to clear his name with something called DNA and finally put an end to the injustice he suffers each day as a totally innocent and pretty cool dude who just really loves big ol' honkers and would never hail Satan or mutilate a hooker or baste a titty in his own juices before devouring it. "I don’t only face the injustices, but the nightmares that follows. You have no idea the pain and hurt I face and feel every single day I sit here and loose hope. I’m not an angel...but I never intentionally hurt anyone unless it was to protect myself or my family. I could never live with killing or knowing I was responsible for taking ones life." :sad:

Interesting to think that this titty-beetlejuice was part of Gacy's Pogo Posse as a younger lad. It seems almost too much of a coincidence, and knowing now that the evidence definitely suggests Gacy had some help, it's hard not to wonder if perhaps there's a universe where Gecht could have been content with simple tender squeezes and gentle suckles and the odd playful nibble, had he never been Gacy's Anakin Skywalker that one fateful summer. Maybe digging a hole in Gacy's crawlspace in the afternoon and then bringing one of his friends over with at least the suspicion that Gacy was gonna be stuffing his pal in that hole by the evening was enough to short circuit some bit of his fragile headmeats and the "hail satan, gently caress/eat titties" switch was forever flipped after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Spoken like a poet...

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
A good episode of LPOTL for understanding the 'taking away any power/levity that psychos/killers/whatever' have is their manifestos episode. At least, I thought so and enjoyed them taking the piss out of Elliot Rodgers et all.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

If I may:

PYF unnerving article or story: He was very into Satan and titties,

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That drat Satyr posted:

A good episode of LPOTL for understanding the 'taking away any power/levity that psychos/killers/whatever' have is their manifestos episode. At least, I thought so and enjoyed them taking the piss out of Elliot Rodgers et all.

All of their "Heavy Hitter" episodes usually spend some time tearing down the subject a bit. Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy, Ng and Lake.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Comics writer Grant Morrison is really into it. He is incredibly open about how, when writing The Invisibles, he wanted to gently caress a redhead, so he wrote the sort of insert of himself as nailing a redhead because he thought that would work. He also asked all his readers to jerk off at the same time while thinking DONT CANCWL THIS BOOK so that it wouldn't be cancelled

Last I checked he got married to a redhead and that book finished so maybe he knows something I don't

He also wrote a scene where his self-insert had his face eaten away by flesh-eating bacteria. Then that actually happened to him and he was in hospital for a while.

I think he decided that his fictional self was going to have an easy time of it for a bit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Flunchy posted:

He also wrote a scene where his self-insert had his face eaten away by flesh-eating bacteria. Then that actually happened to him and he was in hospital for a while.

I think he decided that his fictional self was going to have an easy time of it for a bit.

I'm not saying Grant Morrison is a wizard but I am saying he does enough drugs

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Gatekeeper posted:

gently caress/eat titties

PM me :wink:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

SatansOnion posted:

very into Satan and titties

PM me :wink:

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Given what we know about the Chicago rippers, the Chicago PD, and Satanic panic of the 80's, I am completely open to believe that much of the story is bullshit that was beaten out of some idiots.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I had never heard of the Chicago Rippers until they were first mentioned in this thread despite living in Chicago for most of my life. I know more about the "Homie the Clown" kidnapper that I think was just an urban legend that was going around when I was a kid than an actual murder cult. I wonder if they inspired the Candyman films at all.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm not saying Grant Morrison is a wizard but I am saying he does enough drugs

Sufficiently advanced doing a lot of drugs is indistinguishable from magick.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Sufficiently advanced doing a lot of drugs is indistinguishable from magick.

Doing a sufficiently advanced lot of drugs makes practically everything indistinguishable.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Jedit posted:

Doing a sufficiently advanced lot of drugs makes practically everything indistinguishable.

Including you from a corpse after a point.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Please share all your future correspondence. We could come to some.....arrangements.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wonder if they inspired the Candyman films at all.

Considering that Candyman is just an Americanized version of a British short story, I'm gonna go with no.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Considering that Candyman is just an Americanized version of a British short story, I'm gonna go with no.

Which is just the Bloody Mary urban legend?

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006

whiteyfats posted:

Which is just the Bloody Mary urban legend?

Nah, I think it's really just a :henget: Purple Aki joke. Clive Barker is from Liverpool after all.

Edit: This BBC article about Purple Aki has some (recent) graffiti, but it's not hard to imagine it would've been around in the 80s too.

Rolled Cabbage has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Mar 27, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I was misremembering Candyman by a ton. Just looked up the summary on Wikipedia and it is nothing like I remembered. I thought there was boob mutilation or something. No idea what movie I'm thinking of then.

Rolled Cabbage posted:

Nah, I think it's really just a :henget: Purple Aki joke. Clive Barker is from Liverpool after all.

Wikipedia posted:

Arobieke was banned from touching, feeling, or measuring muscles; asking people to do squat exercises in public; entering the towns of St Helens, Warrington, or Widnes without police permission; and loitering near schools, gyms, or sports clubs.[6]

What the hell? I know it says it got overturned, but then remained in force(?), but that is one specific personal ban.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

:blush:

Speaking of titties, I neglected to mention that a common thread in the stories of the various women who came forward to discuss Gecht's tittycrimes was that Gecht was constantly asking them to slice off their own nipples because he "wanted to see how they worked". Shockingly none of the women were willing to aid in his quest for knowledge. Determined to find an answer to the timeless question "how does titties work" the poor lad was forced to attack the titties with knives and razors because Google didn't exist yet. I don't know how eating and loving the titty would help him figure out how it worked but I am not a scientist.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

What the hell? I know it says it got overturned, but then remained in force(?), but that is one specific personal ban.

He's a weirdo who gets his jollies from touching well defined muscles. We're quite reasonable here when it comes to perversions of the not-loving-people kind - we just tell you to stop doing it without permission. We only lock you up if you keep on doing it after being told, because breaking a restraining order is a jailable offence.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
The confusion may stem from how weirdly specific the ban sounds. I believe it's come up earlier in the thread, but in order to facilitate the court's job of mediating disputes and problems, most court systems allow for an EXTREMELY WIDE level of discretion in issuing orders, and can then enforce those orders for people found in violation of them by charging folks with contempt of court. You can be entirely banned from a town or county in at least the US and England, to my knowledge.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shady Amish Terror posted:

The confusion may stem from how weirdly specific the ban sounds. I believe it's come up earlier in the thread, but in order to facilitate the court's job of mediating disputes and problems, most court systems allow for an EXTREMELY WIDE level of discretion in issuing orders, and can then enforce those orders for people found in violation of them by charging folks with contempt of court. You can be entirely banned from a town or county in at least the US and England, to my knowledge.

I wonder when the last time a US court banished someone. I'd hope they would have ran them out of the town/county/state on a rail or did that weird bucket on the head and facing backwards on a mule or something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I wonder when the last time a US court banished someone. I'd hope they would have ran them out of the town/county/state on a rail or did that weird bucket on the head and facing backwards on a mule or something.

In the schadenfreude thread, there was a couple who brought a shotgun to a black kid's birthday party and waved it around yelling racial slurs. They were banished. I didn't even know that courts could do that before then, and the wording is fantastic. No, we're not just going to kick out your racist asses. You're banished!

EDIT: Oh and they'll be in prison for a long time too. Still though. BANISHED

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Though that banishment is for Douglas County, Georgia does not allow for statewide banishment.

You can be banned from 158 of the 159 counties. In that scenario, the courts will permit someone to live in Echols County.

Echols, which has 4,000 people, does not have any stoplights or incorporated cities. I don't think the county has a doctor's office or restaurant, even fast food. As of the last article I read about state banishments, no one had ever taken up the offer to live in Echols. Despite that, Echols was not thrilled of its status of being the one open county.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Shady Amish Terror posted:

you can be banned from a location here in australia too, australian rugby league player todd carney (more famous for a photo of him pissing in his own mouth) was banned from his hometown for a year because of a string of alcohol related offences

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

quite stretched out posted:

you can be banned from a location here in australia too, australian rugby league player todd carney (more famous for a photo of him pissing in his own mouth) was banned from his hometown for a year because of a string of alcohol related offences

You just knew, typing that, you'd get people to google it.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

My dad, his brother and mother were supposedly banned from part or all of New Jersey. This would have been 70's or so. There were apparently some house fires attributed to them, but I don't speak to that half of the family anymore so I can't ask specifics.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Oh that guy.

Better pic than Purple Aki.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Gatekeeper posted:

:blush:

Speaking of titties, I neglected to mention that a common thread in the stories of the various women who came forward to discuss Gecht's tittycrimes was that Gecht was constantly asking them to slice off their own nipples because he "wanted to see how they worked". Shockingly none of the women were willing to aid in his quest for knowledge.

Women, right

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ariong posted:

In the schadenfreude thread, there was a couple who brought a shotgun to a black kid's birthday party and waved it around yelling racial slurs. They were banished. I didn't even know that courts could do that before then, and the wording is fantastic. No, we're not just going to kick out your racist asses. You're banished!

EDIT: Oh and they'll be in prison for a long time too. Still though. BANISHED

Scathach posted:

My dad, his brother and mother were supposedly banned from part or all of New Jersey. This would have been 70's or so. There were apparently some house fires attributed to them, but I don't speak to that half of the family anymore so I can't ask specifics.

Huh, I guess it happens a lot more than I thought. Still wish they would run the person out on a rail though. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, I guess it happens a lot more than I thought. Still wish they would run the person out on a rail though. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Tarred and feathered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TB_fqF60Q0&t=345s

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Years and years ago after a long drunken mischievous night wherein I had interactions with the police at least 4 times I received a letter stating I was banned from public events in an adjacent county for 6 months. So no carnivals or concerts or parades. I had it framed in my old house for awhile but it's lost to the sands of time now. If I would have been outright banned from the county I'd have probably retired on infamy alone.

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Echols, which has 4,000 people, does not have any stoplights

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.7032205,-83.0280193,3a,75y,33.86h,71.94t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFS2dGJ14mDa5qJeLvpzn0w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Inspector Gesicht posted:

unnerving

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Those lights are all green, pal

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
"Tarring and feathering" and "run out on a rail" were rather cruel and unusual. The tar was applied hot, to make it flow, and the rail ... well, imagine the most uncomfortable bicycle seat an order of magnitude worse. I'd prefer banishment or being declared an outlaw -- which is basically banishment enforced by the public. By the traditional definition, an outlaw is one so reviled they are outside the protection of the law, and thus always "in season" to use the game-hunting term. If you kill an outlaw, it doesn't count as murder. But at least the outlaws had the option of running away.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Delivery McGee posted:

"Tarring and feathering" and "run out on a rail" were rather cruel and unusual. The tar was applied hot, to make it flow, and the rail ... well, imagine the most uncomfortable bicycle seat an order of magnitude worse. I'd prefer banishment or being declared an outlaw -- which is basically banishment enforced by the public. By the traditional definition, an outlaw is one so reviled they are outside the protection of the law, and thus always "in season" to use the game-hunting term. If you kill an outlaw, it doesn't count as murder. But at least the outlaws had the option of running away.

Wikipedia for "Outlaw" posted:

In the common law of England, a "Writ of Outlawry" made the pronouncement Caput lupinum ("Let his be a wolf's head", literally "May he bear a wolfish head") with respect to its subject, using "head" to refer to the entire person (cf. "per capita") and equating that person with a wolf in the eyes of the law: Not only was the subject deprived of all legal rights of the law being outside of the "law", but others could kill him on sight as if he were a wolf or other wild animal.[citation needed] Women were declared "waived" rather than outlawed but it was effectively the same punishment.[1]

That's a pretty cool way of wording what is essentially a death sentence. I never knew "outlaw" was a legal designation and just thought it meant basically the opposite (someone that lived without obeying the laws).

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

On this subject, up until recently I didn't really understand what being "drawn and quartered" meant. I assumed it meant having your arms and legs broken on a rack, but it was actually much worse. You would be strapped to a ladder, and disemboweled with two strokes: one vertically from your chest to your groin, and one horizontally across your belly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

On this subject, up until recently I didn't really understand what being "drawn and quartered" meant. I assumed it meant having your arms and legs broken on a rack, but it was actually much worse. You would be strapped to a ladder, and disemboweled with two strokes: one vertically from your chest to your groin, and one horizontally across your belly.
That sounds quicker and better than what I thought it meant - having each limb tied to a rope attached to a separate horse, and the horses then ridden in four different directions.