Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equality
Feb 26, 2007
What are you guys' go to items and skills for quick melee leveling? I ripped again and don't want to dual totem back to Merc dried lakes. I have about 12c to spend and some random uniques... Going for an RF build eventually but I am willing to Respec when needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Equality posted:

What are you guys' go to items and skills for quick melee leveling? I ripped again and don't want to dual totem back to Merc dried lakes. I have about 12c to spend and some random uniques... Going for an RF build eventually but I am willing to Respec when needed.

Frost Blades until I can use Blade Flurry. Blade Flurry is so satisfying, how did I not play it until this league

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Equality posted:

Sunder -> EQ. Just buy unique 2-handers for 1a or whatever. Geofris, Hrimnors, etc

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firebatgyro posted:

Sunder -> EQ. Just buy unique 2-handers for 1a or whatever. Geofris, Hrimnors, etc
Same. Random garbage until merciless, 1c items on merciless to get some life and cap resists - usually good enough to farm dried lake without major risks.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

scuz posted:

To me it's awesome because somehow in my hosed-up brain the Thaumaturgy themes of the original 4 acts jibes with the cult-obsessions of the Nazi leadership.

Don't forget the holocaust imagery of the emaciated corpse piles outside Piety's boss room.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Firebatgyro posted:

This or Facebreaker imo.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
wow coming back into this game after 2 years away all of the little quality of life changes are great (and also adorably un-signposted, never change, GGG.)

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Oodles posted:

So, say I buy a set of 200 ES gloves, but they don't have resists I'm currently gaining from the gloves. Do i rebuild the rest of my gear based on my new gloves? Or do I try to find gloves which fit the resist profile, but may not have the max ES?

This is kinda the whole game? I dunno, I try to look at slots in pairs. Dropping resists on gloves means picking some up on the next belt. Someone in here a few leagues back schooled me on what's important per-slot, like rings are a good place to stack resists if you don't need unique ones. Move speed on boots is higher priority than resists there, plan for boots bringing relatively lower resist.

I'm trudging along through white maps. Up above 4k ES with Solaris and Wondertrap. I have better non-MF boots, but waiting on vorici 5 to RRRB them. After that a non-prism guardian shield is in order, but I haven't done the aura math on losing that buff.

Moddington posted:

Don't forget the holocaust imagery of the emaciated corpse piles outside Piety's boss room.
Have they mentioned improvements to the mini-map to make areas you can't go clearer?

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
Has anyone come across this video? Paper PoE. This is a joy to listen to while working. Takes me back to the old days.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Jinnigan posted:

Can anyone take a look at my tree and suggest improvements? [url][/url]
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters/ "Blodsdottir"

Playing bladevortex necromancer with scourge and cospri's. Flask setup is HP (curse immune), stibnite (bleed immune), witchfire, atziri, overflowing chalice. Aura setup is blasphemy-tc-warlord's and clarity.

We're basically the same characters that's cool. Check out ripdoubledipping https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/fmammal/characters

I'm bad and new at this game, but my first thoughts on examining your tree are:

- Grab some more jewel nodes. They're easily worth 3-4 normal passive nodes. There's ones by pain attunement and the flask nodes for 2 each, and behind the mana nodes by scion.
- Speaking of flask nodes the alchemist ones are right there and really good.
- Get more life. You have a number of points on either side of the phys + chaos nodes by coordination already. I got them last, after finishing revenge of the hunted and purity of flesh wheels.
- You got MoM but not the insane nodes behind it. Mana == life
- If you can swing the gear try and drop the pure stat node

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The Broletariat posted:

Pretty sure it doesn't work like this. Totems can't benefit from offensive auras, only defensive ones (inspirational is an aura).

Is this right? My Warchief totem tooltip dps changes massively based on me having hatred etc up. Is that because the aura affects me which boosts the totem dps, rather than the totem getting the aura directly?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You could verify this easily enough: place totem next to you, open character sheet to look at AW's DPS, move a screen away and see if it changes.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Lungboy posted:

Is this right? My Warchief totem tooltip dps changes massively based on me having hatred etc up. Is that because the aura affects me which boosts the totem dps, rather than the totem getting the aura directly?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Totem

Totems use the player's own skills as though the player had cast them. Therefore, buffs and charges (except Endurance Charges) on the player will apply to totems.[2][3] Totems themselves have a maximum Power Charge and Frenzy Charge limit of zero, because those charges would have no effect on totems themselves.[3]

Assume that buffs on totems work the same way as charges. They probably internally have the buff, but do not gain any bonuses from it.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1874476

Just a quick reminder that a week ago the hack that happened two weeks ago was found and plugged

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

JerryLee posted:

but it really feels tonally inconsistent with the Roman/Catholic horror vibes of what we'd seen so far.

I think that's the point, though. It's deliberately tonally inconsistent because they were trying to convey just how different of a world/society Oriath is.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Tonal inconsistency in my arpg video game? Why I never

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Did you guys know the emperor is Belial? My point is as long as the story isn't shoved down my throat I don't think they could make me give any fucks. Oh nazis? Okay. Oh aliens? Sure why not. Modern day tanks? (actually that might do it)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

Did you guys know the emperor is Belial? My point is as long as the story isn't shoved down my throat I don't think they could make me give any fucks. Oh nazis? Okay. Oh aliens? Sure why not. Modern day tanks? (actually that might do it)
With modern day tanks though it would be tricky to balance pack density since 5 Shermans = 1 Tiger.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

With modern day tanks though it would be tricky to balance pack density since 5 Shermans = 1 Tiger.

"modern day"

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

cinci zoo sniper posted:

???

Gitro
May 29, 2013
So these snakebite gloves dropped and I have a bunch of ranged uniques I wanted to use. I've also got a high quality caustic arrow gem. How bad is it to go poison caustic arrow raider? I sketched out a clunky but viable looking tree, can't look at dps until I have access to path of building though.

I wanted to do burning arrow pathfinder when I got the +1 ignite gem but it looks like that needs xoph items if I don't want to spend a bunch of points getting avatar. SSF so buying stuff isn't an option.

The 5 for 1 (but what is the 1???) prophecy has been popping up continuously for me, is it normally that common? And I haven't gotten jewellers touch once :(

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

cinci zoo sniper posted:

5 william t sherman clones would totally beat up a tiger lol, are you even serious

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Gitro posted:

So these snakebite gloves dropped and I have a bunch of ranged uniques I wanted to use. I've also got a high quality caustic arrow gem. How bad is it to go poison caustic arrow raider? I sketched out a clunky but viable looking tree, can't look at dps until I have access to path of building though.

I wanted to do burning arrow pathfinder when I got the +1 ignite gem but it looks like that needs xoph items if I don't want to spend a bunch of points getting avatar. SSF so buying stuff isn't an option.

The 5 for 1 (but what is the 1???) prophecy has been popping up continuously for me, is it normally that common? And I haven't gotten jewellers touch once :(

Raider is a terrible choice for CA. Most of CA's damage comes from the cloud (which scales with gem level), not the arrow hit (which scales with weapon damage). That also makes Poison not really worth investing in. The Phasing part of Raider's tree is fine defensively, but other than that you're not really getting much benefit out of the other nodes since attacking fast doesn't really matter since clouds don't overlap. If you're dead set on sticking with CA, I'd either go Deadeye (bunch of projectile damage boosts) or Trickster (Patient Reaper for DoT boost to Shade Form for defensive purposes).

5 for 1 is definitely one of the more common prophs. Jeweller's Touch is definitely not, and it's price (>20c) reflects that.

please knock Mom! posted:

5 william t sherman clones would totally beat up a tiger lol, are you even serious

Hell, the original Sherman might have killed one or two tigers in Atlanta.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Poison Caustic Arrow sounds hilarious for assassin, you basically tripple dip. Like mortem morsu but with bows

Go get a lionseye bow and report back!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Gitro posted:

dunno the exact reason, but everybody suggests going scion over ranger for caustic arrow builds now. probably something about the ascendancy trees changing. there's a few sc and hc varients on the build forums to go off of if you're into that sort of planning

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

dunno the exact reason, but everybody suggests going scion over ranger for caustic arrow builds now. probably something about the ascendancy trees changing. there's a few sc and hc varients on the build forums to go off of if you're into that sort of planning

Looks like it's for people gearing for IIR/Q. Scion's 'skill on CD line' shits me anyway, and ranger at her worst is just bland :v:

whypick1 posted:

Raider is a terrible choice for CA. Most of CA's damage comes from the cloud (which scales with gem level), not the arrow hit (which scales with weapon damage). That also makes Poison not really worth investing in. The Phasing part of Raider's tree is fine defensively, but other than that you're not really getting much benefit out of the other nodes since attacking fast doesn't really matter since clouds don't overlap. If you're dead set on sticking with CA, I'd either go Deadeye (bunch of projectile damage boosts) or Trickster (Patient Reaper for DoT boost to Shade Form for defensive purposes).

Dang. Would there be that much of a damage difference given the jacked up frenzies and the ease of sustaining them between deadeye and raider though?

I'll probably run it through PoB and see what numbers I get, I like the idea enough that I'll do it if I can live with the deeps.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Poison Caustic Arrow sounds hilarious for assassin, you basically tripple dip. Like mortem morsu but with bows

Go get a lionseye bow and report back!

I may spend some time trying to farm cards for it because that does sound fantastically stupid.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I posted a few days ago but must have been missed. Can I get a reinvite on CramSlamNasty, plz? I was purged after not logging in for a few weeks due to work.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
yeah, german tanks and kruppstahl were totally overrated

shermans/t-34s lyfe

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world
I think the new enemies are cool and would like to slay lots of them, honestly besides the armbands they remind me more of italian fascists - those masks and outfits are some Il Duce poo poo.

That priestess lady is stylish and might make a good spectre, plus the last judge type enemy looks like some WH40K style. Good to mix it up!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
judge dude looks badass, it's a hybrid between old fashioned british judges with judge dredd, of all things

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I'm happy my badass woke Ranger will get to continue taking down the patriarchy in 3.0.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
So I found this bad boy:

430 pDPS 1h before any crafting. Based on poe.trade it looks like 15ex might be fair unless I'm missing something.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Unless you're crazy and going crit with a red skill gem, I'd swap out the crit chance for something like weapon range, and use it with RT.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

please knock Mom! posted:

Just checking if any World of Tanks victims are playing PoE. 5 Shermans = 1 Tiger used to be a classic bait there, much like Kruppstahl.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
Some reddit bro fail vaal'd a headhunter.

Promised to vaal it if I chance one
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/623zsw/promised_to_vaal_it_if_i_chance_one/

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Just checking if any World of Tanks victims are playing PoE. 5 Shermans = 1 Tiger used to be a classic bait there, much like Kruppstahl.

Also, Rommel was called the Desert Fox because he was a furry.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Valle posted:

Also, Rommel was called the Desert Fox because he was a furry.
:eyepop: *takes down notes* :hai:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

pork never goes bad posted:

I posted a few days ago but must have been missed. Can I get a reinvite on CramSlamNasty, plz? I was purged after not logging in for a few weeks due to work.

Sorry about that, you have been invited.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

What's more important for an ES SRS, Shavs or decent ES gloves/shield/boots?

I've got about 11 Chaos to spend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Oodles posted:

What's more important for an ES SRS, Shavs or decent ES gloves/shield/boots?

I've got about 11 Chaos to spend.

You aren't buying a shavs with 11c, so probably the latter

• Locked thread