Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Anyone who prefers OG Chie vs Golden Chie, well, you can just do something like get out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Baal why didn't you post Goro's persona

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

is it detective conan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Erg posted:

Baal why didn't you post Goro's persona

There's less good art of it because despite the fact him joining was obvious they tried to pretend he didn't.

Edit: Also it's in the OP, it's Robin Hood.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Erg posted:

is it detective conan

It's Majima Goro

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Harlock posted:

Anyone who prefers OG Chie vs Golden Chie, well, you can just do something like get out!

mods?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

There's less good art of it because despite the fact him joining was obvious they tried to pretend he didn't.

Edit: Also it's in the OP, it's Robin Hood.

I can't read, I just look at pictures and sometimes use text to voice when that doesn't work

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey here's the Arist Take™ on New Chie: I prefer the tone and inflection of New Chie's voice but as someone who was literally playing P4G not five minutes ago I am never not aware I am listening to someone reading their lines. I like the feel of it better, but the performance is probably worse.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ImpAtom posted:

I would really recommend not doing this because Joker being able to reliable Baton Toss to other people is one of his biggest strengths.

the guy with access to the most powerful moves in the game, who can be a reliable attacker in any situation with his insane flexibility? nah im just gonna slap salvation on him and call it a game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I didn't read the OP because gently caress Baal

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's no promo art of Goro's thief outfit or persona, they hide basically everything about him despite the fact he's on the cover of the game

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
why is there not more outrage about The Great Goro Conspiracy, Atlus is loving us again, they made a character too good and are trying to erase him #gorogate

e: I had Baal's goro avatar as my discord avatar for a while and was going to make it my SA avatar until I saw Baal had it.

that's my story, little slice of for ya there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm interested in seeing what Haru and Futuba sound like, so far a pretty strong and consistent dub for me. I got used to Makoto when she's with the group and not being upstaged by Goro and her sister.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm willing to give these VAs a lot of leeway, I'm sure they'll do fine. :)

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Arist posted:

Also I didn't read the OP because gently caress Baal

Hace posted:

thread theme: gently caress baal

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

baal will I be able to finish this game in the span of four days

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you play with barely any sleep maybe

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Don't finish the game before the dlc even comes out!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Go watch Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, Face/Off, The Rock, and Adaptation.

Do it right now. Back to back.

EDIT: Also watch Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

EDIT 2: And also Bringing Out the Dead.

of these only adaptation and bad lieutenant are good

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
uhhhhh, Face/Off loving rules

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i own BOTD on laser disc is a good movie

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If a movie where Nic Cage hallucinates Laura Palmer as Glinda the Good Witch is bad then frankly there are no good movies.

On a related note if I watch the promotional OVA for Persona 5 before playing the game how spoiled will I be?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Raxivace posted:

On a related note if I watch the promotional OVA for Persona 5 before playing the game how spoiled will I be?

Nothing relevant other than advertising ...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Raxivace posted:

Go watch Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, Face/Off, The Rock, and Adaptation.

Do it right now. Back to back.

EDIT: Also watch Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.

EDIT 2: And also Bringing Out the Dead.

Also watch that one where he has weird foresight power. Man what the hell was that movie called? Next, I think.

It's great/awful.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also watch that one where he has weird foresight power. Man what the hell was that movie called? Next, I think.

It's great/awful.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is the review embargo lifting tomorrow (or I guess in 20 minutes?) seems like a couple places are doing their quick looks then

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

is the review embargo lifting tomorrow (or I guess in 20 minutes?) seems like a couple places are doing their quick looks then

Giant Bomb usually queues stuff up to go like the second they're allowed and it looks like it's queued for noon EST so I would say that's when it lifts.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 is a good title because it is indicative of its review score

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I think it's tomorrow. Giant Bomb's got their Quick Look tomorrow and I know Polygon's review goes up tomorrow too

e: also Day Breakers is fine but i think it's impossible for Persona's combat to translate to interesting fight scenes cause it's just Stands coming out to cast wind spells or some poo poo. What they did with the Mitsuo fight in the P4 anime was cool tho. And seeing Mithras and the fried chicken body onion head guy in animated form in Day Breakers was cool

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 29, 2017

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Persona 5/5

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Persona 5 Michelin stars

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Giant Bomb Review 0 Comments
Persona 5 Review
0 out of 5 Stars
PS4
by Jeff Gerstmann on March 29, 2017
Share:
No Chie No Chie No Chie No Chie

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Weird for Famitsu to go so negative.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Moltrey posted:

Yeah I think it's tomorrow. Giant Bomb's got their Quick Look tomorrow and I know Polygon's review goes up tomorrow too

if it's not the East team I'm gonna be so drat sad

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
East would be so perfect and if they weren't already doing Yakuza 0 which also owns, I feel like they'd HAVE to do it

I've come to terms that no one on Giant Bomb is going to stick with P5 tho aside from like maybe Jason and Alex

0/10 no chie no funky student

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's been more than 2 years, since that came out

Haha
lol I saw "Feb 5" and assumed it was 2017

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
Re: Makoto's s-hissing sounds, Mitsuru had the same deal and I wonder if they just decided to not bother de-essing the audio because it can get really annoying over time. It was pretty noticeable even in her preview trailer.

The name pronunciation thing is going to drive me nuts with a couple of them, particularly how Sakamoto somehow becomes "S'KAHmuhtoe". But for most people playing who have no familiarity with Japanese, it'll be no problem at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's a really weird thing because goro has the same style going but way better sound quality. Like it's not that extreme, but it's like she's the only one in final fantasy 12 audio quality at times.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Laphicet's English VA had a powerful lisp, as well. Maybe it's just an enunciation thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farali
Feb 18, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

It's Majima Goro

Finally, a persona that lets me kick a Mara in the baals