Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Improbable Lobster posted:

don't bother, they aren't that good in bed

Well it's not a surprise, they're so repressed and isolated by their upbringing and their gated communities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spiders are cool, bees are cool, ants are cool

Termites are cool but gross

Those are my cool arthropod opinions

e: I forgot crabs, those are cool arthropods too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

On the subject of "I loooove death", wasn't there a cartoon featuring innocent children going through a machine labelled "Public Education" and coming out saying stuff like "God doesn't exist", and, yes, "I looove death"? Or was that an edit?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Political cartoons 2017: Or Was That an Edit?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

On the subject of "I loooove death", wasn't there a cartoon featuring innocent children going through a machine labelled "Public Education" and coming out saying stuff like "God doesn't exist", and, yes, "I looove death"? Or was that an edit?

I think that was an edit of a Rob Smith Jr cartoon which I can't find

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jay Rust posted:

I think an edit of a cartoon about three kids going through a machine labelled "public education" instead had goons going through a machine labelled "politoons thread" and one saying "I loooove death".

The original was Rob Smith Jr.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

loquacius posted:

Wait, is that a real current event? I can understand it from a bee-population standpoint, but what are you supposed to do if a hive gets built in your garage?

You'd probably be more likely to find hornets, which being predators of bees, are open game. But between pesticides and horrible loving fungus that eats their brains and makes them suicidal, US honeybees are in some serious trouble.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Some cartoonists are dense, others are hypocrites, others are shills, others are cruel, others are verifiably mentally ill. Rob Smith Jr, though, is just an idiot.

Bonus:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

100 percent sure the story here is

Guy give 20 and change to girl, girl can't open register so goes to find manager to see what to do, guy thinks this means she can't do math instead of can't open the register

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

100 percent sure the story here is

Guy give 20 and change to girl, girl can't open register so goes to find manager to see what to do, guy thinks this means she can't do math instead of can't open the register

*This is a true story.

And so was the time when Smith thought zip codes were too hard.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

What is this one even trying to say? :psyduck:

Like, the only way I can interpret this is "Michael Jackson isn't really dead, wake up sheeple" but then what does Glenn Beck have to do with that? Is that something Glenn Beck said?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

"Get the loving off my lawn"

I also would prefer people keep their outdoor orgies to their own property

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N6rzfoWHzg

quote:

Pepes in 2013. Smith was truly a visionary.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

Lisa I think.Shocked DUMBOcrats with "Stop" signs at a checkpoint and Trump blasting through with "Trump agenda" on the back. God Lisa is so dumb.

Speaking of...

Cripes, she is worthless.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
I am allergic to bees so in the bizarre off chance bees somehow make a hive in my house without me noticing I'm killing the fuckers before they can kill me. Just how it is.

doesn't help I have a deep phobia of them (probably centered around they can kill me part). Not reasonable I know but I ain't dying to no insects

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 29, 2017

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Odd that the jobs are glossy blue, indicating water, rather than thick, viscous and black, like the crude oil that will be leaking from the pipes...

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Also a meager trickle instead of a torrent.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

World Famous W posted:

I am allergic to bees so in the bizarre off chance bees somehow make a hive in my house without me noticing I'm killing the fuckers before they can kill me. Just how it is.

doesn't help I have a deep phobia of them (probably centered around they can kill me part). Not reasonable I know but I ain't dying to no insects

I would advise against doing that and instead recommend calling a professional. Most bees aren't aggressive you aren't aggressive to them and trying to kill them is a surefire way to get them to attack you

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Oh I ain't going to do nothing to agitate them near me. Just burn my house down around them. Only way to be sure.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Can we take more time to appreciate how terrible this is?

"If only Obama hadn't filled people's heads with this crazy notion that healthcare should be a right! Now we have to work EXTRA hard to convince them that if they're too poor for healthcare then they can just gently caress off and die."

Like, this cartoon can't even really be read any other way. The ONLY way this isn't a horribly repulsive cartoon is if the Republicans are supposed to be the bad guys.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Well, he got at least one right. That's better than some.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

From Slovakia

From Latvia

From the Netherlands

From Germany

From the Netherlands

From Costa Rica

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Grimdude posted:

Can we take more time to appreciate how terrible this is?

"If only Obama hadn't filled people's heads with this crazy notion that healthcare should be a right! Now we have to work EXTRA hard to convince them that if they're too poor for healthcare then they can just gently caress off and die."

Like, this cartoon can't even really be read any other way. The ONLY way this isn't a horribly repulsive cartoon is if the Republicans are supposed to be the bad guys.

I guess you could AGC it as "There's no going back on healthcare now! No matter HOW hard the GOP tries!"

But that's so close to what was actually meant that it's basically an Asay.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Does he think that Madonna is alias or something?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Game dev here. This one amazes me.

What's the kid's avatar using to kill people?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
That's at least two cartoonists who couldn't come up with a better pun than "The Art of the Fail". I mean I get that you're visual artists but holy poo poo it doesn't. Even. Rhyme.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Somfin posted:

Game dev here. This one amazes me.

What's the kid's avatar using to kill people?

A magic broomstick.

Brooms.

Chores kill people.

No more chores for Billy. Or harry pokemans.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Inspector Hound posted:

What about those hand-sized wasps in Japan that inject you with a poison that melts your flesh and drives nearby wasps into a flesh melting acid stinging frenzy, those seem to fill a useful niche in nature

edit gah

Ok yeah not my intention to prolong wasp derail but wtf

quote:

Unlike their European relatives, the Japanese honey bee has a defense against the hornets. When a hornet approaches the hive to release pheromones, the bee workers will retreat back to the hive, leaving an opening to allow the hornet scout to enter. The bees then emerge from their hiding places in an angry cloud formation containing some 500 individuals.[2] They form a tight ball around the attacking hornet that acts like a convection oven with the bees vibrating their wings to generate heat via muscular exertion and then directing the air warmed around them inward to the center of the ball. This causes the interior temperature of the ball to rise to 47 °C (117 °F). Additionally, the bees' activity also increases carbon dioxide concentration inside the ball. The hornet's ability to withstand heat decreases as carbon dioxide concentrations increase, ultimately causing the increased temperature to become lethal.[4]

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Shangri-Law School posted:

Speaking of...

How timely for me, thanks. I'm Canadian, and have an American friend on Facebook. She made a post of how jealous she was that I could tell her about going to the doctor a bunch and not getting billed. Of course another American chimes in that the care was probably poo poo and it's never free because taxes. I explained that I had 4 clinic visits in 5 days, 2 of the appointments were made only a few hours before going in, I waited 15 minutes at a walk-in x-ray clinic, the other appointment was the next day. I made a bit of a snarky remark that people who hate supporting and helping others like to tell stories of the horrors of the Canadian system when they're grossly over-exaggerated or completely untrue. HE then claimed that wasn't his issue, it was BIG GOVERNMENT bogging everything down. Which it doesn't. I mean, yeah, if you go to an emergency room with a broken thumb or a sneeze, you're going to wait a long-rear end time. Because there are people there literally dying who need to be helped first. If there's a lack of hospital beds or not enough doctors, it's usually when there's a conservative government in power and they got cheap/greedy and cut funding. It's not perfect, it has some faults, yes, but I love it and wouldn't trade it for the lovely US system my poor friend is subjected to.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Honestly you could have the same cartoon but replace "Government" with "Business". I can't help but think that the people who don't want universal healthcare have never needed to go to the ER.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

A bunch of bullshit myths get disseminated out because there aren't actually any good arguments in favor of the American system. "Your taxes would go up!" yeah as opposed to your premiums right loving now. "Long wait times!" yeah as opposed to the long wait times we have right loving now. "Bureaucracy would bog things down!" yeah as opposed to the infamously byzantine insurance system we have right loving now.

e: The worst part is as the idea of universal healthcare becomes more and more popular in this country the bullshit from the opposition is going to get more and more ridiculous.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 29, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

The last Republican majority in the House and Senate was during the Bush administration. They were better known for pork barrel earmarks than governing.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Looks like those clowns in... oh gently caress it.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 29, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

That is some peak "No, u" right there.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Is drinky duck just publishing some reject toons from like '96?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

If I've learned anything from this last week, it's that the Republicans are sure looking refined, business-like and professional right now.

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC3W1BiUjp0

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

World Famous W posted:

Looks like those clowns in... oh gently caress it.
:colbert:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Spiders are cool, bees are cool, ants are cool

Termites are cool but gross

Those are my cool arthropod opinions

e: I forgot crabs, those are cool arthropods too

Victorian era guys use to classify animals into "useful" and "scum". But since we learned about ecologies, we know every animal is part of a system and necessary, if you remove any part, the whole system is unbalanced and can collapse.

We can play favorites, but in the end we need the natural world more than the natural world need us.

Until we finish my Arcology project, thats is. A fully sustainable building where entire generations can live without going outside.

--

About conspiracy theories: I would not discredit people that talk about a conspiracy has a rule, because what when is *you* then one talking about a conspiracy. Most conspiracies are not real, but some are. By labeling all conspiracies talk crazy non-sense, you setup yourself for failure.

Skeptics say that you need to have your brain open, but not so open that it falls to the floor.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The best I can decipher that signature, it's by a "Fairingono".

• Locked thread