Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i think they're evil all along (i.e. want to break their wards, party hard, turn you into more devils) they just get more clever about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I dunno, the devil/angel dichotomy seems to be more about chaos vs law than evil vs good.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
but cio is so nice :(

also. i wonder how much control devils have over how they look and if the other devils give hrotomos poo poo for being a giant baby or if they're all too scared. actually i want a twist where he's not a devil at all, he's just a huge human baby who is drunk as hell and has no idea what he's doing

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'm pretty sure Hrotomos is not a devil and just a member of a giant baby species.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Hrotomos is a Servant (essentially to angels what humans are to devils)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Reene posted:

I dunno, the devil/angel dichotomy seems to be more about chaos vs law than evil vs good.

it's not about them being mean people cackling and taking candy from babies, except the ones who do do that because Throne is an ecumenical gathering of assholes; it's about them being smart, extremely powerful monsters whose very nature is antithetical to the wellbeing of any non-devils hanging out around them, and especially anyone trying to boss them around. ionizing radiation is a morally neutral agent of chaos too, smart people still don't have a beer with it.

devils will gently caress you up because they hope to become better devils by doing so; angels will gently caress you up because you violated an obscure eight-million-year-old blue law about temple etiquette; humans will gently caress you up for good old-fashioned human reasons like finding out if there's anything good in your pockets.

Avshalom posted:

but cio is so nice :(

also. i wonder how much control devils have over how they look and if the other devils give hrotomos poo poo for being a giant baby or if they're all too scared. actually i want a twist where he's not a devil at all, he's just a huge human baby who is drunk as hell and has no idea what he's doing

same

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 28, 2017

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
dammit if he's not a devil then i guess i don't have to wait around for him to evolve into a giant angry black baby

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i love this comic because of not despite the fact that i understand about 20% of the background information, it's like i'm 12 and playing kingdom hearts all over again

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Avshalom posted:

i love this comic because of not despite the fact that i understand , about 20% of the background information, it's like i'm 12 and playing kingdom hearts all over again

Actually, Cio is basically Donald. Short-tempered wizards who swear unintelligibly.

Think about it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Poltergrift posted:

Actually, Cio is basically Donald. Short-tempered wizards who swear unintelligibly.

Think about it.

as am I

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think I just have a thing for fictional worlds that are so full of outlandish bullshit that you can pretty much make up any place, person, or event on the spot and still have it fit organically into the larger setting.

One day it rained sentient ice cream. Pfft, Gog-Agog calls that "Thursday."

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I can really get behind a setting that runs on asburdity and constant paradoxes. It's like if all the stuff you learned in Intro to Philosophy was all true at the same time, no exceptions.

God is dead and we have killed him but the universe is god experiencing itself, also you can't prove god exists but you certainly can murder him.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Malpais Legate posted:

I can really get behind a setting that runs on asburdity and constant paradoxes. It's like if all the stuff you learned in Intro to Philosophy was all true at the same time, no exceptions.

God is dead and we have killed him but the universe is god experiencing itself, also you can't prove god exists but you certainly can murder him.

The only way to murder god is to murder yourself, simultaneously both metaphorically and literally

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I forget who posted it but the best description of devils I've seen is that they're not so much evil as they are "chaotic sleaze"

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Avshalom posted:

that sucks! i want to be a pale devil

You can do it I believe in you.

paranoid randroid posted:

I forget who posted it but the best description of devils I've seen is that they're not so much evil as they are "chaotic sleaze"

A great lot of con artists and bully boys.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

paragon1 posted:

You can do it I believe in you.
╰ -̮̮̃ ◐ O ಊ ◡

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

like all the children of the black flame, their existence would be tragic were they not all so incredibly lovely all the time

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Speaking of lovely devils.

Once I can scrounge up the funds, I have a new avatar.

EDIT: Incidentally, in the preview, the phrase "rowdy lads" was replaced with "rowdy fight boys."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
{EVIL}

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the one in the bottom left

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

He has a gang of manga delinquents and baggy pants that say EVIL.

Excellent.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Aw man what happened to his awesome hat?

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
6 Billion Waifus (And One Husbando)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This is anime as gently caress and I goddam love this poo poo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Also paws off the swag, copper!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5gRIud57jQ

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Looks like his feet changed, from hooves to talons

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Guys, I think Oscar and his crew might be evil.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Hiveminded posted:

Those are the feet that come with those pants.

Tis a vile group of scum and devilry. They'll fit right in.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Cio has a coat of arms, Oscar has trousers of talons. It's fine.

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/846934443512119297

It's fine.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I'm the 'open' sign on his crotch.

oskar owns. oskowns

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's not about them being mean people cackling and taking candy from babies, except the ones who do do that because Throne is an ecumenical gathering of assholes; it's about them being smart, extremely powerful monsters whose very nature is antithetical to the wellbeing of any non-devils hanging out around them, and especially anyone trying to boss them around. ionizing radiation is a morally neutral agent of chaos too, smart people still don't have a beer with it.

"Let's give the all-corrupting black flame that burns beneath the universe a face, a voice, and a personality."
-Humans

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Let's give the all-corrupting black flame that burns beneath the universe a face, a voice, and a personality."
-Humans

"Time to give the warm black flame that burns within the universe a face, a voice, and a personality."
- Aesma, creator of humans

Like mother, like children.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Hiveminded posted:

Uh no, they're clearly shoes. They screw onto his peg legs.

abbadon wheres my No-Prize

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

from now on, every time he shows up, his feet will be different
no one will comment on this

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Poltergrift posted:

EDIT: Incidentally, in the preview, the phrase "rowdy lads" was replaced with "rowdy fight boys."
I know Abaddon has some inscrutable code of ethics for which culture references are kosher for this strip but "rowdy fight boys" seems like A-grade devil patois

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That, or someone's spent too much time listening to the McElroy brothers recently.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Now I want to see their rival gang that wears {Good}

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hahaha blue devils in hoodies look like they have little rabbit ears :3:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It doesn't fit the aesthetic entirely but i still heard Team Skulls music when I saw these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Guys, I think Oscar and his crew might be evil.

:haw: