Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

Pittsburgh holds the longest playoff streak now. They've made it 11 seasons now.

More reasons to hate the Pens is good though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I think Bruce Boudreau is a really good coach but I really just don't know how you leave Ovechkin wide-open 3 times on the PP in his spot. Like...you coached the dude for 5 seasons and literally like half of his goals are from that spot. It's no secret he's going to try to sock a few dingers from the left dot.

That's some Dave Hakstol level coaching up of the penalty kill.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
If you go to TSN.ca there's a video of an interview with Matthews asking him about beating Clark's record. At the 10 second mark you can hear his voice crack on camera. Hockey robot becoming a hockey man robot and I love him.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Koopa Kid posted:

McElhinney was either crazy good or crazy lucky tonight and I love it

He was probably both

Panthers aren't an awesome team but he definitely rose to the occasion

Stretch Marx posted:

If you go to TSN.ca there's a video of an interview with Matthews asking him about beating Clark's record. At the 10 second mark you can hear his voice crack on camera. Hockey robot becoming a hockey man robot and I love him.

Also in that vid, Matthews joins ovi and Sid the Slasher as the only rookies to score 35 or more goals in the last 20 seasons

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Teemu Pokemon posted:

fire holland

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i was going to post something more meaningful.

but then i realized thats the most meaningful thing i could post.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Oilers are back baby

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:siren: The Edmonton Oilers have clinched a playoff spot for the first time since 2006! :siren:

:woop: :woop: :woop:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Mind_Taker posted:

I think Bruce Boudreau is a really good coach but I really just don't know how you leave Ovechkin wide-open 3 times on the PP in his spot. Like...you coached the dude for 5 seasons and literally like half of his goals are from that spot. It's no secret he's going to try to sock a few dingers from the left dot.

Literally every time it's brought up, you cannot have someone camp out on Ovechkin on the circle. You are giving up an incredibly likely goal to stop a somewhat less likely goal. It doesn't make sense, which is why you've never seen ANYONE do it. You think the PK coaches are like, "gently caress me, how come we never watched video of their powerplay!"

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

The Golden Man posted:

Oilers are back baby

Emptypostin' this so hard.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

Literally every time it's brought up, you cannot have someone camp out on Ovechkin on the circle. You are giving up an incredibly likely goal to stop a somewhat less likely goal. It doesn't make sense, which is why you've never seen ANYONE do it. You think the PK coaches are like, "gently caress me, how come we never watched video of their powerplay!"

Randy Carlyle had Jay McClement stand in front of Ovechkin on the PP the entire game once, actually. The Leafs did lose, yes.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Okay, for our OilAS friends, the Stanley Cup playoffs is played in a best of 7 games series between 16 seeded teams with the winner of 4 games in a series advancing to the next round matched up against a winner of a different series. 16 games are needed to win the Stanley Cup!

Good luck and have fun!

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
I am happy for the Oilers.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Quote is not edit. I hope you enjoy playoff posting GuavaMoment and wayner.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
the last time detroit missed the playoffs, the edmonton oilers won the stanley cup

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

Randy Carlyle had Jay McClement stand in front of Ovechkin on the PP the entire game once, actually. The Leafs did lose, yes.

Good* PK coaches

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The fact the Oilers playoff drought and Wings playoff streak ended on the same day is amazing. I love it.

fits posted:

the last time detroit missed the playoffs, the edmonton oilers won the stanley cup

:getin:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Golden Man posted:

you guys if you havent should read the Battle of Alberta by Mark Spector. im only halfway done and already one guys lost a nut and another dude lost his spleen. both flames so good

also it elaborates on how badger bob invented the trap another reason calgary can gently caress itself

Thanks for this, looks great

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Congratulations, Oilers fans, for not suffering the NHL's first-ever 11-season playoff drought.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

You know what Oilers, I ain't even mad

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Mr. Kite posted:

I am happy for the Oilers.

Scaramouche posted:

You know what Oilers, I ain't even mad

Thanks, you guys are all pretty cool. I think you're not mad because if the last 10 years have taught us Oiler fans anything, it's humility.

*gives Pens fans the stink-eye*

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nah gently caress you and gently caress the Oilers. McBackup's gonna lead the Leafs past the first round for the first time since let's not talk about how long it has been ok?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

GuavaMoment posted:

Thanks, you guys are all pretty cool. I think you're not mad because if the last 10 years have taught us Oiler fans anything, it's humility.

*gives Pens fans the stink-eye*

Go ahead, win the Cup, everyone will hate yall too. No one cared about us when Ramzi Abid and Dick Tarnstrom were setting the NHL record for longest home losing streak.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
ah cool so I can look forward to everyone liking the wings when they make the playoffs in 2030 for the first time since larkin and svechnikov carried holland's bloated corpse of a roster to a 8-seed cup o tea in 2021

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Rangers sliding into the playoffs like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtjdTgRhTC4

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Oilers - Leafs finals please so they world can loving off itself in its own poo poo.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I am always amused by how late some of these west coast games end. Sam Rosen, signing off at 1:12am, needed help to remember the names of all the assistant coaches and GMs.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Angry Asian posted:

Oilers - Leafs finals please so they world can loving off itself in its own poo poo.

I am okay with Canada going up in flames

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad the Oilers have gotten into the playoffs for the first time in 11 years, it should make for a great series.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Matt Zerella posted:

Rangers sliding into the playoffs like

I'm really enjoying the fact that the Rags have clinched before their opponent, despite being a wildcard playing against a division leader (who will, at this current juncture in time, end up being the Habs).

Kale
May 14, 2010

Loving the fact that McDavid will be in the playoffs :canada:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kale posted:

Loving the fact that McDavid will be in the playoffs :canada:

Don't forget Eberle and RNH, both going to the playoffs for the first time in their 7/6 year careers. Yakupov gets to go too with the Blues.

In fact, now, there is only one #1 draft pick since 2000 who's never been to the playoffs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/taylor-hall-jealous-wont-root-oilers-playoffs/

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Have we fired Ken Holland yet

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Powershift posted:

Don't forget Eberle and RNH, both going to the playoffs for the first time in their 7/6 year careers. Yakupov gets to go too with the Blues.

In fact, now, there is only one #1 draft pick since 2000 who's never been to the playoffs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/taylor-hall-jealous-wont-root-oilers-playoffs/

How the hell is Taylor Hall giving an interview this interesting and articulate?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

How the hell is Taylor Hall giving an interview this interesting and articulate?

There was probably a lot of "uh" and "er" and "bananna" removed to make it more legible.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hand Knit posted:

Maybe he studied hard and finally passed his bananna boating license test.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

There's a podcast of him and Ryan Whitney chatting and its great and awesome and gently caress you Chiarelli, I miss tay tay.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Mind_Taker posted:

I wasn't even that excited by the hat trick, it came so easily.

The hero of that game was Oshie. It's going to be so different next year if they can't find a guy that can finish like he can, both in the slot, from the circles and in the shootout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

There's a podcast of him and Ryan Whitney chatting and its great and awesome and gently caress you Chiarelli, I miss tay tay.

Link for podcast?

• Locked thread