Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Battle Lounges don't really work at all. I've managed to play TWO matches, every other time the game just readies you both up and then nothing happens. The two times I got a match, it just dumped us both back into the lobby screen again for both.

What an utter shitshow, I would actually say it's worse than the normal game because at least then it would let you play the game.

There are still a bunch of dumbshits who will join you from across the globe despite flags working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Battle Lounges don't really work at all. I've managed to play TWO matches, every other time the game just readies you both up and then nothing happens. The two times I got a match, it just dumped us both back into the lobby screen again for both.

What an utter shitshow, I would actually say it's worse than the normal game because at least then it would let you play the game.

There are still a bunch of dumbshits who will join you from across the globe despite flags working.

Amazing.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquPfS6Vzg4

Pfffft hahahahahahahaha

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jesus loving christ, did they fire all their animators too?

"Whatever, just make her hold one pose and spin her a bunch."

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

No way

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

omg

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Jack Trades posted:

Jesus loving christ

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Pfffft hahahahahahahaha

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

This better come out of beta.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Wait, that's real? That's not a lovely mod?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
That HAS to be a placeholder animation right? Right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Juri's outfit was filled in with MSPaint and Alex's legs are on goddamn backwards so I'm not sure how you could be surprised about this.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BearUNLV/status/846835840261115904

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Finally. gently caress Horizontally Angled Kick-Based Attacks

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that actually does decent damage for no meter, but still lol its really really obvious that they just had no idea how to make it look good against other buttons

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
SFV really was a crazy heist by Capcom. Just grabbed that Sony exclusive money and dropped a F2P game on everyone cobbled together by like 8 people and with ongoing support by 3 max.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Does it counter Juri's HP which animates as a Horizontally Angled Kick-Based Attack (hereafter referred to as HAKBAs)

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
I had the idea that 'horizontally-angled' might have been a poor translation of 'forward', as in MK, which would be slightly less arbitrary but every bit as insane

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I downloaded it to test what the hell it means, but I guess I didn't realize it's only an online beta. There's no training or local play or anything available.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SFV the Gif

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I wonder how they expect the model of seasons to work for adopting new players at all when new players have to buy everyone to be sure they dig them or not.

Is the plan going to be in the future to have a complete edition after each season or something?

I just wanted poison back after sf4.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 29, 2017

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
They are doing maintenance now to fix all the matchmaking problems in the beta client fyi. I couldn't connect to anything when I tried earlier.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I had the idea that 'horizontally-angled' might have been a poor translation of 'forward', as in MK, which would be slightly less arbitrary but every bit as insane

jab/short/strong/forward/fierce/roundhouse are not translations from the Japanese

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

Nope. The parry literally only works on some kick attacks.

Specifically on HAKBAs. Lmao.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just opens the door for dlc characters to take on the niche of parrying vertically oriented punch attacks later this season

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Introducing Evil Gouken. His V-trigger causes his horizontally angled kick attacks to become vertically angled.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

Introducing Evil Gouken. His V-trigger causes his horizontally angled kick attacks to become vertically angled.

I hear his HAKBA To VAKBA Cancel technique is way too overpowered and they are planning on nerfing it next season.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

jab/short/strong/forward/fierce/roundhouse are not translations from the Japanese

Oh, yeah. That terminology was invented by Capcom USA for the control panels on the American machines, right?

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
"Boxing gloved punching attack" counter vs Balrog, specifically only default costume Balrog

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Just opens the door for dlc characters to take on the niche of parrying vertically oriented punch attacks later this season

gently caress ken

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I can't believe how bad SFV is from my short time with it. It's surpassed all expectations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Frostdiener/status/846968708492935168

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

this is so weird and dumb lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131870375

That new throw looks retarded. Not as bad as the parry or Cammy spincopter but still.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Does Birdie equal easy mode in this game?

Altared State fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 29, 2017

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Countblanc posted:

that actually does decent damage for no meter, but still lol its really really obvious that they just had no idea how to make it look good against other buttons

if its a punch he should just pull the dude forward and do a vertical suplex.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

anime was right posted:

this is so weird and dumb lol

the idea of a FG move that literally does nothing vs some characters is really weird, the only other games I can think that have that are anime arena fighters

Woden
May 6, 2006
The Gief reversal looks more useful than Heihachis reversal.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
This just raises more questions.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

This just raises more questions.

It's basically the same as the Gief reversal(only works on right kicks to the upper body) and actually damages Heihachi almost as much as he dishes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
Of the following gameplay changes, which ones do you think would make sfv better:
-Double active frames of most moves
-Increase range of stubby key normals (like shoto c.mk) for all chars
-Slightly decrease speed of forward dashes
-Give dp invul back
-Remove huge tumor hurtbox underneath jumping models to make aa jabs useless except vs empty jumps
-Make hitboxes match models and animations exactly as you see them
-Generally reduce corner carry
-Remove grey life for blocking
-Make v-reversals a more reliable defensive mechanic (like making them hit faster)
-Chip kills

Otakufag fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 29, 2017