Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Yea I mean I log in with a gmail account that has fake details, use my credit card with real details and real shipping address, everything works fine and has for like fifteen purchases. If you're having problems you're something extremely wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ohhai posted:

Turn off your VPN.

unpacked robinhood posted:

Are you in a poor country ?

Mammal Sauce posted:

I've bought quite a few items from Aliexpress and have never had to do anything like that. Lol

That is so loving weird then since I am not using a VPN and I live in the USA. I guess I'll try turning off uBlock and using a different credit card. I looked into AliPay but that also requires identification documents.

I ran into this:

https://helppage.aliexpress.com/buyercenter/questionAnswer.htm?isRouter=0&viewKey=1&id=20069443&categoryIds=9205390&lang=ru

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011

cyberia posted:

Oh poo poo, look what arrived in the mail today!

Hello friend.

The third one is Pokémon Cock Version.

Also for those asking, Super Mario Land DX is just a colorized version of the original Super Mario Land.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD47ZX9yORM

low poly rat
Oct 22, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I had to disable my adblock to get it to work

Thanks, that seems to have fixed things.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can't figure out how to use the Select coupons, it always says I have no coupons?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Pick posted:

I can't figure out how to use the Select coupons, it always says I have no coupons?

I think you need to use the app

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Pick posted:

You have to purchase from only one seller at a time for them, I think.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Most of the stuff in my cart goes on sale at midnight PST tonight, but the sale in general is proof positive that I will buy crap that I don't need if it costs less than the price of lunch and is about a third of its regular price.

For instance, buy this watch if a winner is you. Most of the faces are ugly as hell, but a couple of them are inoffensive if you like mechanical watches with exposed gears.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Imma get some pretty cushions for my couch. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vin...2640622587.html

Well, empty cushions. I'll have to buy the stuffing at walmart.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

These cushion covers are pretty cute too https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cut...2672493853.html

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I think disabling uBlock and switching from VISA to American Express may have fixed whatever problems I had. Here's to hoping I become the proud new owner of a bootleg Chrono Trigger cart.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-2-piece-Game-Collection-400-in-1-Game-Cartridge-198-in-1-60-Pins/32705815934.html

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Nalin posted:

I think disabling uBlock and switching from VISA to American Express may have fixed whatever problems I had. Here's to hoping I become the proud new owner of a bootleg Chrono Trigger cart.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sale-2-piece-Game-Collection-400-in-1-Game-Cartridge-198-in-1-60-Pins/32705815934.html
I had a Chase visa fail twice in a row after a dozen successful purchases. Was it Chase?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Nill posted:

I had a Chase visa fail twice in a row after a dozen successful purchases. Was it Chase?

No, it was a Costco Citi VISA.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I highly recommend that people only browse on the website but do all of your account-based stuff on the app. Everything is cheaper on the app, and you never run into any of this authentication bullshit related to VPNs and adblockers.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I highly recommend that people only browse on the website but do all of your account-based stuff on the app. Everything is cheaper on the app, and you never run into any of this authentication bullshit related to VPNs and adblockers.

I just installed the app and it asked for permission to make phone calls and I denied it, then got a pop-up that said

"We are not actually going to make phone calls, but really just want to track your device for purposes of verification and fraud prevention"

lmao no

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Very good advice.

I browse on the website and add my shopping to my wish list, then do the actual purchasing on the app, by adding the contents of my wish list to the cart.

That way, you get all the food prices.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Inept posted:

I just installed the app and it asked for permission to make phone calls and I denied it, then got a pop-up that said

"We are not actually going to make phone calls, but really just want to track your device for purposes of verification and fraud prevention"

lmao no

Does the app still work? I remember denying a permission when I installed it (could have been that one, can't remember) and mine seems to work fine. I'm on an Android phone for what that's worth.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
When you want to look like you've shat yourself in spectacular style
http://s.aliexpress.com/EZbYVR3M

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Does the app still work? I remember denying a permission when I installed it (could have been that one, can't remember) and mine seems to work fine. I'm on an Android phone for what that's worth.

The new customer coupons don't seem to work properly, but I think I could still buy things for normal price if I had tried? I don't know, as soon as I saw that and it wouldn't let me continue, I said gently caress that and uninstalled it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Yeah I can't imagine turning over all my info to unknown Chinese corporations in order to save 70 cents.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Can't figure out how to use the Select coupons either.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The select coupons don't apply to everything. And while they say "save $2.00 on purchase over $2.01" when you win them, that seems to be one of those things like "save upto 90%" where it's possible, but most of the deals won't be nearly that good. The actual deal for any given item is shown on that item page.

So for this one, I wouldn't be able to use a select coupon unless I bought C$74.69 worth of cat pillows.

Basically they are only useful for big purchases.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There are Seller coupons and Select coupons, I've made the Seller ones work, just not the Select.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I've had no problems with permissions set like this (i enabled the camera yesterday to scan a qr code for a referral bonus but it worked fine with that off too)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

blunt posted:

I've had no problems with permissions set like this (i enabled the camera yesterday to scan a qr code for a referral bonus but it worked fine with that off too)

:same:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If your purchase qualifies for a select coupon there will be a checkbox on the confirmation page, not the buy page.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I also got a weird bootleg Stalin-Marioland DX cartridge the other day! It makes it to the title screen and no further, but it looks just like the actual game. The beauty lies in its cover art.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Havelocked posted:

Has anyone else been having trouble logging in to AliExpress? I made an account & ordered a ton of stuff yesterday, went back today to browse a bit and I can't log in. The verification thing fails every time. For some reason it's stopped letting me browse the site while logged out, I can only see the first page of anything I search.

This happened to me once and it took over 24 hours to get resolved and I remember emailing them, but I can't remember if they actually did anything. Did you try clearing cache, cookies, etc? Alternatively just browse on the app. You should be checking out on the app anyway, unless you can afford not to care about mild to moderate savings.

Hug in a Can posted:

I just had to contact six sellers and let them know my order was sent to the wrong address. Am I going to be blackballed? :ohdear: I still wanted to buy the stuff, I just accidentally sent my cart to a friend in California!

Also, these are cool: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC...2696594323.html I have some of them and they're super handy, and this is a good price for them :)

Probably not! As long as you're polite and apologize and admit you made a mistake, sellers are generally chill.

Yeah I've never said yes to that and it's worked for over a year. Through updates and everything. I went in and manually turned on tbe camera for an image search, it didn't trigger the popup.

They want your $

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

ZombieJesus posted:

When you want to look like you've shat yourself in spectacular style
http://s.aliexpress.com/EZbYVR3M

I can wear this as I post for full effect. My posting is augmented. Any one else have any cool finds?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

I can wear this as I post for full effect. My posting is augmented. Any one else have any cool finds?

Well, the Chinese did something good with the worst smilie to come out of these dead gay forums.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

If you want to take your ironic meme lifestyle to the next level - http://tinyurl.com/k2veo3h

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Cheese cheese sweetheart yourself

Fruit to nuclear device

Actually kind of tempted to get the cheese thing and make some tasty toxic plastic cheese. I'm already buying a few things from this seller anyway, right? :downs:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I don't know what I was expecting, but I was disappointed. I wonder how many North Korea bought?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

for 'hunting', evidently

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

For hunting the most dangerous prey.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZvT3MHpffk

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Anyone in for cheap wargaming knockoffs or modeling kits? I searched a bit, but couldn't find a galore of "space marines galaxy soldiers" like you'd find with Lego stuff.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I stayed up to buy:

This moving mouse toy for my cat

A stacked ball track for my cat

These geta because I retain this dimension of my ancient weeabooness

A disher, finally

Hydrogel scorpions

Thermochromic pigments

This photobox, my second decent-sized purchase through the site.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
this review convinced me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32658390808.html#autostay

Pick this may aid you in the dark time you are experiencing.