Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
So there's this https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/846892024146018304

Then also even the National Review has a columnist calling for Nunes to resign. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/446179/devin-nunes-trump-surveillance-campaign-investigation-house-intel-committee-russia

LOLs are starting early this morning. Trump hasn't even tweeted yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
another brexit lol

https://twitter.com/LeoHickman/stat...r%3D144%23pti16

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
brexit is for morons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

XMNN posted:

brexit is for morons

well yeah they can't even count to 6 lol

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

I'm so sure this is satire.
It has to be, right?

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Edit: The bananabenders was the worst clan in Avatar

Edit:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Foxhound fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 29, 2017

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Shadow0 posted:

I'm so sure this is satire.
It has to be, right?

It is.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, bad things are:

- worker rights; protecting you from a methed out surgeon who hasn't slept in 72h

- a common classification for fruit quality grades that saves everyone a lot of money, work and makes trade easier

- renewable energy and endangered species protection

- getting idiots to stop buying those loving incandescent light bulbs, something that every country outside the EU is also trying to do

- higher quality standards on vacuum cleaners, which has been shown again and again to not be correlated with it's energy use; the best vacuum cleaners on the market already full fill the norms

Good things are:

- gently caress you, moe money for the rich

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

For anyone who thinks the internet makes us stupid - we were way stupider before.

30 years ago the press were screaming "Brussels Bans Bendy Bananas!".
Now that google exists, the Telegraph are trying to make us angry that banana classification has been standardised. Which the industry wanted to happen.

lol

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/...&pgtype=article

"This was the summation provided to me by a senior European diplomat briefed on the meeting. Trump’s preparedness was roughly that of a fourth grader."

That's a lmao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why standardize bananas

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Why standardize bananas

Pros:

Easier for supermakets etc to know what their buying, esp if they operate across multiple countries
If they're classed by size and shape you save space transporting them
probably other things i don't know I'm not in the banana business

cons:
I don't want no stinkin' metric bananas bEUrocrats! :bahgawd:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Vegetable posted:

Why standardize bananas

I think it was about facilitating trade, since you get what you paid for, with minimal deviation from the norm.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Vegetable posted:

Why standardize bananas

They aren't :ssh:

All that happened is that EU members agreed on a common classification scheme, like, if you order 500 tons of bananas with "grade C" you know exactly what you are getting, instead of having to deal with 20 different classification systems that are not directly convertible to each other. :spergin:

It is a good thing, in every way imaginable

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

It's one of those things that sounds dumb if you're really stupid and buy into things like a man who got stuck on a zipline yelling about how bananas aren't screws, and therefore the EU is Bad

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/03/28/best-line-from-tuesday-white-house-press-briefing/99735698/

lol, in case you missed it.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

thathonkey posted:

let's see... what should be priority... investigation of the failed presidential candidate and her failed campaign's manager OR the sitting president of the united states of america

also i like how there's two outlets in trump's mind one called Fake News (capitalized like any proper noun or company should be) and another called Fox News

#fauxnews

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Yesterday, Johnny Rotten (née John Lydon) defended Donald Trump, calling him, among other things, a “joy to behold” and a “possible friend.” The Sex Pistols frontman also said the media was “trying to smear the bloke as a racist, and that’s completely not true.” Today, in an interview with Virgin Radio, Rotten doubled down on those comments.

“I didn’t expect to be misunderstood, I think I speak very clearly,” he said, according to NME. “America now has a new President and whether you like him or not you have to support him or you will destroy the country. You got to make things work.”

"it's important to respect the institutions of the state and work with and support the established order"

-- johnny rotten of the sex pistols

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
funny how you get more right wing as you get older

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's upset about the NYT again lol

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/847056211006631936

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...r%3D3313%23pti3

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Hammerite posted:

"it's important to respect the institutions of the state and work with and support the established order"

Someone left his autobiography at my place.

No Irish, No Blacks, No Dogs.

It was ok, but Johnny Rotten seems like a right oval office.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah it's a shame we can't watch the same tv shows Donnie apparently watches all day.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah it's a shame we can't watch the same tv shows Donnie apparently watches all day.

do you not get Fox??

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hey guys remember this thing I made up that never happened? Me neither lol

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

He's referred to the NYT apologising multiple times now. What's he referring to - a spooky dream he once had? Or did something vaguely similar actually happen? (genuinely lost lol)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

ozza posted:

He's referred to the NYT apologising multiple times now. What's he referring to - a spooky dream he once had? Or did something vaguely similar actually happen? (genuinely lost lol)

I think the NYT apologized to the whole country that Trump got elected. Like, in a "my condolences" sort of way.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ozza posted:

https://nytimes.com/2016/11/13/us/elections/to-our-readers-from-the-publisher-and-executive-editor.html

No they did not, but I'm not surprised that Trump doesn't know what an apology is.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

ozza posted:

He doesn't understand the difference between a public apology and a correction that includes "we apologize for the error". This is likely a result of him never issuing a genuine apology in his life.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Random Stranger posted:

He doesn't understand the difference between a public apology and a correction that includes "we apologize for the error". This is likely a result of him never issuing a genuine apology in his life.

They never actually used the word apologize or implied that they were in any way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2016/11/29/new-york-times-subscriptions-soar-tenfold-after-donald-trump-wins-presidency.html

quote:

New York Times subscription growth soars tenfold, adding 132,000, after Trump's win

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hammerite posted:

do you not get Fox??

Fox News is the one true media in Donnie's eyes. He's talking about literally everything else.

Also no I dont get Fox News but that's because I'm a pretend American :canada:. The other local TV provider includes it at no extra charge, but mine only gives CNN and BBC along with the boring rear end Canadian news. Thankfully American news youtubes don't region lock their poo poo like the regular networks do.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/peterwallsten/s...r%3D3317%23pti2

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

Lightning Lord posted:

It's one of those things that sounds dumb if you're really stupid and buy into things like a man who got stuck on a zipline yelling about how bananas aren't screws, and therefore the EU is Bad

I'm picturing these two things happening at once, like he's ranting about bananas while the rescue crew is cutting him loose and its making me LOL

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

420 dimensional chess! He bought nyt stock before running :smug:

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Hammerite posted:

From the OP: "Yesterday, Johnny Rotten (née John Lydon) defended Donald Trump,"

Whoever wrote that needs to brush up on his/her French: "née" implies JR is woman.

*snicker*

*snicker*

*snicker*

*snicker*

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Mr Havafap posted:

From the OP: "Yesterday, Johnny Rotten (née John Lydon) defended Donald Trump,"

Whoever wrote that needs to brush up on his/her French: "née" implies JR is woman.

That's a lol. They went through the effort of using the right accent too.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Jose posted:

R/The_Donald is melting down about it lol

https://twitter.com/ChevreBoueri/st...agenumber%3D120

Huh, I was expecting them to fall in line and contrive this into some kind of brilliant move like they did with the failure to vote on the AHCA .

Weird to see open rebellion, even this small.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

MadJackal posted:

Huh, I was expecting them to fall in line and contrive this into some kind of brilliant move like they did with the failure to vote on the AHCA .

Nah dude, the threads in question only have 28 & 100 upvotes apiece, and all the comments and post content were deleted by mods.

their cheeto fervour is unbreakable, lmao

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I saw this fat orange retard on TV this morning then I remembered he's president. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

MadJackal posted:

lol trump sheds loyalists like reptiles shed skin