Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Buttcoin purse posted:

But why would you waste time looking at the other planes when you could spend the whole time looking at the Super Constellation? :v:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Russia still making jet amphibs:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

FuturePastNow posted:

Russia still making jet amphibs:

Fun fact according to Wikipedia: the Be-200's engines are Ukrainian sourced. Not sure if replacement engines have been found yet.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Nebakenezzer posted:

Fun fact according to Wikipedia: the Be-200's engines are Ukrainian sourced. Not sure if replacement engines have been found yet.

Hmm if only there was some way the ground on which the factory rests can somehow be made part of Russia instead of Ukraine...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Palm Springs has a PBY Catalina you can basically climb all over but not get into. :rip:

if they cleaned the plexiglass more often this wouldn't be such a downer but it's outside in a desert. Great for preservation, not so great for optical transparency.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Since some people were interested, reminder that the PAF's US tour has begun a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW2v9oEdWpc

On this vid of a simple flyover, I like that the camera is perfectly in sync with the props of the A400M.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So evidently the reason we've heard so little of late from Major Kong is because he transitioned from the 757 to 767s and he's doing more first-tier daytime flying: http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/21/1642629/-Coast-to-Coast

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dutch student flies to the wrong Sydney

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

:lol:

The best part is the final sentence.

quote:

His father, he told the CBC, "laughed an awful lot" when he picked Mr Schipper up at the airport in Amsterdam.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
A good dad

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

https://youtu.be/iZ05iAuIAlc

:stare:

Warning: SAIL

\/ thanks

Jealous Cow fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 1, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Warning: SAIL

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

American British version of the Ivan memes.

You see comrade, when you strap jetcat to body, body becomes jet

It would appear he literally strapped RC jetcat engines to his hands and feet making him a "birtish entrpeneuer"

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

If I had to find one person in the world to bet on 'Dying in a spectacular ball of fire". I think I just found him.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
It was Colin furze for me but he got out of his pulse jet phase

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/real-life-iron-man-suit has a decent write up and a video with the man.

His fitness level is pretty shocking on its own.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Wolfenstein TNO sequel looking good

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
This guy reminds me of the other Brit who dressed up as a goat but with more chance of spectacular explosion taking out one or both hands.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Back in the '90s I was flying from Dallas to Portland, Oregon, and a woman a couple rows back got really concerned when she saw we were flying over the Rockies. Apparently she meant to go to Portland, Maine.

The Locator posted:

If I had to find one person in the world to bet on 'Dying in a spectacular ball of fire". I think I just found him.

♫ Maybe I should cry for help
Maybe I should kill myself (myself) ♫

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Craptacular posted:

Apparently she meant to go to Portland, Maine.

Hahahaha

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So evidently the reason we've heard so little of late from Major Kong is because he transitioned from the 757 to 767s and he's doing more first-tier daytime flying: http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/21/1642629/-Coast-to-Coast

I love how he MSPainted the Planet Express logo over his company logo.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

The pilot for that Canadian charter that was so drunk he passed out in the cockpit and plead guilty to being impaired while in control of an aircraft just got 8 months in jail.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/gronych-pilot-drunk-sunwing-calgary-sentence-court-1.4052467

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That seems light.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

drunkill posted:

That seems light.

:canada:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

drunkill posted:

That seems light.

Also an end to his career. Don't disagree with you though.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I suspect if he didn't plead guilty he would have been strung up more. The AC never made it from the gate, not that it excuses anything.

Dudes hosed though. He's not even Canadian (Slovakian) and now has a criminal record so I'm sure he'll have a real easy time finding employment and possibly severely gently caress up his immigration proceedings if he's going through the process.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
In BOMARC news, http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-avro-arrow-model-flight-museum-1.4049398

quote:

Upstairs, Jason Palset is hard at work flying the Arrow through a simulator. [...] "Every time I try something in the simulator and prove it, it comes out with the result I'm looking for," he adds.

Because that's how science works :confused:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m the president of the tautology club because I’m the president of the tautology club.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Unvalidated simulator says what?

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Platystemon posted:

I’m the president of the tautology club because I’m the president of the tautology club.

I checked into this claim and it checked out.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

drunkill posted:

That seems light.

Also he will be deported at the end of his sentence.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In the aerial refueling section for the AWACS, the very first warning is quite a read.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:lol: Somehow they don't cover that in mission crew training.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Locator posted:

Also an end to his career. Don't disagree with you though.

He's not actually losing his license. I agree he will have a hard time getting hired, but it's still theoretically possible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Chinese airlines are hiring English-speaking pilots of all ethnicities left and right to fly regionally in China since they're not producing enough native-born pilots and Chinese think white guys are "gifted" when they're in uniform or look smart. They're even paying them 2-3x what they'd make domestically. That dude will be fine.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I've heard that from multiple sources and part of me wants to cash in on being white while I can (who am I kidding, that's going to last all of my life), but I don't want to live in China to do it.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

EightBit posted:

I've heard that from multiple sources and part of me wants to cash in on being white while I can (who am I kidding, that's going to last all of my life), but I don't want to live in China to do it.

Yeah, me too. Why can't, for example, the south of Spain be hurting very badly for pilots? :v:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PT6A posted:

Yeah, me too. Why can't, for example, the south of Spain be hurting very badly for pilots? :v:

I remember doing the station startup for Barcelona one year, where we use BA as our contractor. Man, BA maintenance Barcelona. What a dream gig!

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
Speaking of keeping licenses. Harrison Ford will not receive any penalty for being a "shmuck"
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39488697

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

EightBit posted:

You could smoke a pack a day and have the same health effects

Have I told you about the near total heavy metal contamination of China's ground water? :shepface: