Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

God I wish you could kill someone it Hitman by removing the ladders from their pool while they're swimming. :allears:

Or preventing them from using the bathroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Best way to kill a Sim was to make him bake a pizza and then imprison him at the oven behind an impenetrable bar stool fence.

It looked something like this:

But on fire.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lurdiak posted:

Or preventing them from using the bathroom.

I just went around cleaning up a guy's penthouse in classic sims style, then drowned him in the toilet, does that count?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Hello I am here to say that Hollow Knight is an excellent game. I'm at like 98% but don't feel like hunting down some items, so probably going to leave it there.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Just SASO'ed Marrakesh. Weird how one target has a stupidly easy SASO kill (poisoning Zaydan's meal) and the other... you have to really know where you're going.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just SASO'ed Marrakesh. Weird how one target has a stupidly easy SASO kill (poisoning Zaydan's meal) and the other... you have to really know where you're going.

Congrats! I'm just happy they didn't make you pull the same Metal Gear Solid BS twice in the same map - I SASOed Marrakesh tonight too, and boy howdy let me tell you how much I love coins and an intimate knowledge of that portion of the map.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
There's no soul more pure
Than Fuuka Yamagishi
From Persona 3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haiku? More like, No thank you!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

There's no soul more pure
Than Fuuka Yamagishi
From Persona 3

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
The game of the month
Is The Legend of Zelda:
Breath of the Wild

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I am excited for actual Persona 5 reviews today in about 3 hours

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This, is a good reference.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone buy Snake Pass

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

game of the month is nier

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anyone buy Snake Pass

I did.

It's fun but I completed level 3 and it says I'm at 19% completion.

Also maybe don't get it on Switch, I think it runs better elsewhere.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The war is long

The world is dead

The sidequest dot

I've come to dread

Nier-Automata

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't know about the easy kill until after I SASO'd the map and it was a nightmare

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't played Nier: Automata yet because I don't think I'm in the mood to have a game rip my heart out and stomp all over it quite yet, but I'm gonna get to it soon. It seems really, really good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

I did.

It's fun but I completed level 3 and it says I'm at 19% completion.

Also maybe don't get it on Switch, I think it runs better elsewhere.

That's good that it's fun but I guess I might just wait for a sale, it's more expensive than I was expecting

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Harrow posted:

I haven't played Nier: Automata yet because I don't think I'm in the mood to have a game rip my heart out and stomp all over it quite yet, but I'm gonna get to it soon. It seems really, really good.

It is really, really good, but be warned that the game is not afraid to do said ripping and tearing and if you are like me and have a huge heart, lots more ripping and tearing will happen and it will not be good for you

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah, I just got all the endings in Automata and I'm glad I can read the spoiler-filled thread in detail now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It is really, really good, but be warned that the game is not afraid to do said ripping and tearing and if you are like me and have a huge heart, lots more ripping and tearing will happen and it will not be good for you

I'm in the middle of Route 2 and so far nothing really made me sad except for the part about the forest "king." I'm anxious for what else could be that bad.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MinibarMatchman posted:

I'm in the middle of Route 2 and so far nothing really made me sad except for the part about the forest "king." I'm anxious for what else could be that bad.

It's going to strike you like a loving snake hiding in the bushes my dude, and it'll feel real bad. But that's how you know the game is good!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's a videogame, videogames cannot hurt you

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

This is because video games are cool and good.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

They can however make you cry a lot and that hurts

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It's going to strike you like a loving snake hiding in the bushes my dude, and it'll feel real bad. But that's how you know the game is good!

haha good, at this rate the game is enjoyable enough but the aspect of route 2 so far for me is less about "oh this new combat is fun" and more about "ok when will things pick up and I can stop retreading things". so I've been anxious about when things truly diverge

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CJacobs posted:

They can however make you cry a lot and that hurts

just turn off the console, just walk away, etc.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

I dunno, Life is Strange still fucks me up. And how can anyone forget the trauma of losing Aeris 20 years ago.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

just turn off the console, just walk away, etc.

The physical object may go away but the feelings they imparted on you do not if they're strong enough.

CJacobs posted:

. But that's how you know the game is good!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Cowcaster posted:

I heard that the code that John Carmack stole from Zenimax is for making you die in real life if you die in virtual reality... He says it's only a real Oculus "Vive" if there's the threat of an Oculus "Mort", if you know what I'm saying.

Also I'm pretty sure you could go blind if you played a Virtual Boy for long enough.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am soft-hearted so I'm hanging out in the relentlessly optimistic world of Wind Waker for a while.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CJacobs posted:

Cool, the "bad" TW3 ending was the best one imo so I'm looking forward to N:A even more.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Red Bones posted:

Also I'm pretty sure you could go blind if you played a Virtual Boy for long enough.

ok fair enough

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Palpek posted:

Cool, the "bad" TW3 ending was the best one imo so I'm looking forward to N:A even more.

Hell yeah it was.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If I'm basically dead inside and don't really have any strong feelings anymore, will Nier: Automata give me that emotional hit I so desperately crave?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

Tell that to the Jumanji reboot.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Mordja posted:

If I'm basically dead inside and don't really have any strong feelings anymore, will Nier: Automata give me that emotional hit I so desperately crave?

You and I are probably on the same level, and yes--it will. I would in fact argue that NieR: Automata is subconsciously speaking to people like us.

fridge corn posted:

This almost makes me want to play this game so I can smugly point out how generic and emotionally manipulative the game is and how I found it flat and unfulfilling

almost

"I'm going to prime myself to hate a game!"

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 29, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

CJacobs posted:

This almost makes me want to play this game so I can smugly point out how generic and emotionally manipulative the game is and how I found it flat and unfulfilling

almost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

fridge corn posted:

almost

This seems like a perfect setup for a heartwarming emotional resolution in next month's thread.

• Locked thread