Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
any news on upcoming patches.? bioware doesn't seem 2 b in frantic damage control mode fr sum reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Schlesische posted:

The Kett have the potential to be more interesting.

Their whole thing is that they are a multitude of aliens genetically reconditioned to be "perfect", and that has the potential to lead to a semi-interesting backstory that will inevitably break down into a part of the story where "our flaws are what make us special".

So, romance-able Kett character in ME:A 2 confirmed?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

any news on upcoming patches.? bioware doesn't seem 2 b in frantic damage control mode fr sum reason

This is all currently:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bugs-Known-issues-list-for-MEA/td-p/5942772

Not really much of the most annoying issues for me on the list unfortunately

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

They put out the shittiest blurb on their website a week ago for the 1.04 patch and then absolute radio silence since.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/03/21/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-04-early-access-patch-notes/
This is their most recent "list" as of the 22nd. :rolleye:
It's the weakest list given the bugs and incomplete nature of the game I've seen in a long time.
code:
Performance

Enabling Crossfire may not yield to a significant performance increase.
    Dolby Vision is currently disabled for PC.
    Screen appears stretched in 4:3 and 5:4 resolutions.
    Attempting to run the game in 16:9 or 16:10 portrait display may cause the game to crash.
    Players may experience performance drops in the Storm Canyons.

Squadmates

Squadmates may repeatedly teleport on top of the player, and may follow when told not to.

UI

Objects in space may rotate slowly or may appear jittery when using the right control stick.

Missions/Levels

PS4 - Repeatedly skipping opening cinematics on the Remnant City critical path 
	mission can cause Ryder to hang in mid-air.
    Game does not save often enough during main missions.

We are aware of some areas where progression events may fail to trigger. 
If you encounter this you may be able to get past this by leaving the area and returning

General 

Running in a zig-zag pattern can result in Ryder entering an unintended animation state.
    Audio may stop during play. Closing and restarting the game will restore audio.
    Immediately creating a new Ryder after exiting a current playthrough can result in Journal quest items carrying 
	over and a number of bugson the Hyperion.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Walrus Pete posted:

That said I still end up falling back on my Crusader shotgun 90% of the time, only switching to an assault or sniper rifle when I feel like switching things up. Vangaurd 4 life.

Yeah it's kind of weird that they let you just buy the Crusader for really cheap really early, since it is inarguably superior to just about everything else you can craft or buy until much later in the game.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Another baffling thing. Why do we still get pre-rendered landing and starting sequences, when the in-game-engine could do a less low-rez job in real-time?

This sub 1080p looking film plays while

this would be real-time in-game. And that's not even 4k.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
In case anyone else runs into this bug -

Some augmentation research items are a bit buggy. Research one aug, get a different one instead. Or you can research one (like Power Booster) and it doesn't show up in your inventory. Bothersome, especially when it's something nice like Power Booster. Happens to a number of folks, according to the EA support site.

I followed a reddit post that said they found their missing Power Booster aug in a hidden cache planetside. I had to loot a few on Eos until one popped up, but sure enough, it did. For reference, mine was in the southeast-most cache, near a Remnant site. The loot in these can be randomized, but worth sweeping a planet if your augs are missing.

Of course, be sure to check your weapons as well. Always dissasemble your crafted weapons instead of selling, so you get some components and all mods/augs back.

*edit -

Decius posted:

Another baffling thing. Why do we still get pre-rendered landing and starting sequences, when the in-game-engine could do a less low-rez job in real-time?

Yeah, it's a little weird and a bit annoying after the 10th time. Best guess is that it's a disguised loading screen. In-game pre-rendered cutscene might end up being more efficient, but they might've had to cut corners for consoles. Or it was just a suboptimal decision.

isk fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 29, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Decius posted:

Because that pre-rendered landing/launching scene is hiding a loading screen. Andromeda has its issues, but that isn't one of them. Even a low-rez pass eats into hardware processing that can be used for loading the game world faster.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah those are loading screens for sure, as evidenced by the fact that, uh, the game has no loading screens otherwise. The take-off/landing plays, and then boom you're there.

I was a bit salty about not being able to skip them, but considering that games need to load data, they're far from the worst loading screens in video games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

fruit on the bottom posted:

Ideally you would tie it into Shepard's identity somehow, with Destroy shedding the cybernetic implants and becoming fully organic once again (even though it will likely kill him), Control representing shedding the organic part of himself and becoming fully synthetic, or some not shorty version of Synthesis where Shepard can come to terms with being a complete fusion of man and machine.

You'd have to start laying that groundwork back in ME2 though.

You saw that they wanted to advance this concept with the Cerberus Base in ME3, but it came in the closing 25% of the final game in a trilogy instead of being seeded at the start of ME2. As it stood it was really weird when Shepard is suddenly all like "man I don't even know if I'm human anymore" when you thought she came to terms with that in ME2 when Jacob told her she was dead as dead can be in the opening minutes of the game. Shepard basically being half-Reaper at that point should have come as a bigger shock but they kept harping on whether or not she was alive instead of the fact that she was rebuilt from Reaper tech. It's just another one of those pacing issues in ME3 that could have worked if it were introduced earlier, but due to practical constraints was shuttled off to some less relevant section of the plot for economy of assets.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

You saw that they wanted to advance this concept with the Cerberus Base in ME3, but it came in the closing 25% of the final game in a trilogy instead of being seeded at the start of ME2. As it stood it was really weird when Shepard is suddenly all like "man I don't even know if I'm human anymore" when you thought she came to terms with that in ME2 when Jacob told her she was dead as dead can be in the opening minutes of the game. Shepard basically being half-Reaper at that point should have come as a bigger shock but they kept harping on whether or not she was alive instead of the fact that she was rebuilt from Reaper tech. It's just another one of those pacing issues in ME3 that could have worked if it were introduced earlier, but due to practical constraints was shuttled off to some less relevant section of the plot for economy of assets.

I regret that we didn't get a Shepard vs Reaper scene a la

She'd be using her Omni-Blade, of course, instead of normal fists.

edit: have a cool random and unrelated gif I found while looking for that Asura gif.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

precision posted:

Yeah those are loading screens for sure, as evidenced by the fact that, uh, the game has no loading screens otherwise. The take-off/landing plays, and then boom you're there.

I was a bit salty about not being able to skip them, but considering that games need to load data, they're far from the worst loading screens in video games.

I realize that they hide loading, but the assets to do the same scene in-game shouldn't really be a big issue while loading - you have the ship already, and you need to load the planet anyway.

Or at least render the movie in 4k and scale it down. It just looks bad compared to in-game graphics.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Liam, why the gently caress are you getting pissy about being an outsider? You're in the goddamn Andromeda Galaxy.

Launching a car at the Andromeda Galaxy was kinda neat though.

BriteNite
Feb 28, 2004

isk posted:

I followed a reddit post that said they found their missing Power Booster aug in a hidden cache planetside. I had to loot a few on Eos until one popped up, but sure enough, it did. For reference, mine was in the southeast-most cache, near a Remnant site. The loot in these can be randomized, but worth sweeping a planet if your augs are missing.

Once you've researched an augment, it gets added to the loot tables and you can find it in containers / on bodies / etc.

I think it says this in one of the codex entries, but it's not very clear.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

In another thread someone mentioned folks are somehow blaming women and minorities for me:a being a failure... is that actually a thing? How, why? :psyduck:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Avalerion posted:

In another thread someone mentioned folks are somehow blaming women and minorities for me:a being a failure... is that actually a thing? How, why? :psyduck:

Do you think that the people saying that need a reason to say it?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Avalerion posted:

There was the thing about people believing there was some nebulous feminist conspiracy to make female characters ugly as evidenced by Sara Ryder and Sloane Kelly but that's the only related thing I know of.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
LGTB movement is responsible for the low scores this game is getting

it's pretty obvious if you do any sort of research.

This game should have scored in the 90s because it is very well made and good

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Walrus Pete posted:

That said I still end up falling back on my Crusader shotgun 90% of the time, only switching to an assault or sniper rifle when I feel like switching things up. Vangaurd 4 life.

I'm using the Dhan. Small mag, but hits like a dump truck that is full of smaller dump trucks.
(Unless I slot a Particle Beam or Plasma Charge augment in it. Then it hits like a wet noodle.)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Serf posted:

Do you think that the people saying that need a reason to say it?

Yea... they are usually dumb reasons not based on any real-world logic but there's usually something like above that you can at least laugh at.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Avalerion posted:

Yea... they are usually dumb reasons not based on any real-world logic but there's usually something like above that you can at least laugh at.

"The women in this game do not give me a boner, therefore feminists are responsible" There's no basis in fact or reality. Plenty of people wanted the game to fail from the moment it was announced, and the crazy conspiracy theories only spiraled out of control from there.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Decius posted:

Writing is really great at times:

OK, I'm on board for Krogan Effect now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've completely ignored this thread for the past few days while I actually finished ME:A. Overall while the animations were at times pretty :laffo: in parts the rest was generally quite decent. Worth the money.

Definitely stopped caring about the cookie cutter random skirmishes before the halfway point though. Oh and gently caress mining forever.

Boy the designers really wanted you to take Jaal everywhere. loving hell ok I get it, take Jaal or I miss a ton of exposition from your dev favorite NPC and get reminders that "we should really take Jaal with us on this thing we're doing".

Don't see any need for a second playthrough. Conversational tone aside I don't think any of the choices would make the slightest difference in a sequel but if they did all hail the Krogan ambassador.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 29, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

canepazzo posted:

So, romance-able Kett character in ME:A 2 confirmed?

No reproductive organs so it's going to be a platonic romance.

Why wouldn't you just romance the AI in your head anyway.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm pretty sure the Andromeda Initiative will destroyed by an electrical fire or something similar long before the Kett can get to them. Look at this poo poo, this is in Tann's office! This wouldn't have happened under President Pathfinder! Pathfinder 2012!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtwAUV3mykM

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The final battle letdown (since there wasn't really a last boss) was made a lot funnier when you read the emails detailing what actually happened.

Everything the Archon did was basically Meridian doing a standard wake up from maintenance routine independant of his actions. He didn't have a loving clue what he was doing or how it worked.

Archon was a chump.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zikan posted:

it's definitely a thing. maybe someone got cute and put it in to represent how bad the equipment is or how much they don't trust you for `immersion` purposes

in practice it's just annoying

I think Kadara probably suffer from "hub area is also a mission hub" that some RPG games have with urban areas. That time it takes to open is probably hidding another load screen: loading scripts, instancing npcs, and that stuff.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

DancingShade posted:

The final battle letdown (since there wasn't really a last boss) was made a lot funnier when you read the emails detailing what actually happened.

Everything the Archon did was basically Meridian doing a standard wake up from maintenance routine independant of his actions. He didn't have a loving clue what he was doing or how it worked.

Archon was a chump.

lol

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

DancingShade posted:

He didn't have a loving clue what he was doing or how it worked.

Archon was a chump.

Current Bioware writers are from the school of writing what you know.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tei posted:

I think Kadara probably suffer from "hub area is also a mission hub" that some RPG games have with urban areas. That time it takes to open is probably hidding another load screen: loading scripts, instancing npcs, and that stuff.

Kadara was the poster child for console memory limitations affecting level design. There was no reason the upper port couldn't have just been slapped onto the main map without the additional loading screen to go via the slums.

Then again maybe they just designed the port first for promotional material and decided it was too much :effort: to integrate it into the general Kadara overland map? It's not like it was even that spectacular compared to a number of other places.

Heck I'd argue the slums were at least equal in size and complexity and they had no issues being part of the overland map.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Current Bioware writers are from the school of writing what you know.

:golfclap:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Anyone else think they ruined the beginning of the game by launching you right at enemies and aliens? Nobody seems particularly surprised to see you, even though you're the first human they've encountered. I definitely think a prologue before they left and some atmospheric wandering would have done a lot to set the tone. Instead it's kind of a happy go lucky jaunt to another galaxy and the people there seem like they've been expecting you. Definitely a different tone than the original series.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

a primate posted:

Anyone else think they ruined the beginning of the game by launching you right at enemies and aliens? Nobody seems particularly surprised to see you, even though you're the first human they've encountered. I definitely think a prologue before they left and some atmospheric wandering would have done a lot to set the tone. Instead it's kind of a happy go lucky jaunt to another galaxy and the people there seem like they've been expecting you. Definitely a different tone than the original series.

No I quite liked that. Didn't need or want a super serious tone after the "war war reapers are coming war war call of duty on earth war" tone of ME3.

ME:A was a lot more laid back and felt like a space western.

Also you're not the first human in the areas you go - the outcasts and failed colonies have been around for a while already.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 29, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone else find Vetra incredibly boring? I even did her loyalty mission last night hoping to get some depth added to her character but it was just more of the same.

I really like pretty much everyone else in the squad or crew but Vetra is just :geno:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I had a great time wandering around Aya today for like 2 hours.

Are there any other pure hubs apart from Aya, Nexus and Tempest in the game?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Andromeda's doing a good job of making me feel conflicted a lot. :/ Even Sarah's psych profile in the codex points it out - however rational and dispassionate I've been in conversation, I tend to go with my gut for what feels like the right thing to do rather than wait for information and make a calculated decision.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone else find Vetra incredibly boring?

Yes. Extremely unexciting to talk to and boring in a party.

Special ability is to shoot an assault rifle while being a humanoid pillbox. Wow. Yeah that's great lady, you keep doing that while everyone else does Dragonball Z poo poo everywhere.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Ishray with vintage heatsinks is kind of interesting. Only has the one shot anyway so the clip reduction doesn't matter, the regular reload is about the same speed as the vintage heatsink cooldown, and now I don't even have to do the reload animation so I can just use backlash, other abilities or sprint/dodge in the cooldown gaps.

Also now I don't need a backup weapon in case I run out of ammo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone else find Vetra incredibly boring? I even did her loyalty mission last night hoping to get some depth added to her character but it was just more of the same.

I really like pretty much everyone else in the squad or crew but Vetra is just :geno:

I think Vetra's okay, but Liam's just been boring as hell for me. On the subject of Vetra though; I get they wanted the whole "Deadbeat Dad" story, but Turians generally look out for everyone as a whole. Society before Self and all that. Wouldn't they stick them in a foster facility or something rather than leave two kids on the metaphorical street just because of whatever their Dad did? Especially when they're not Boot Camp age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I want to second the Sandstorm as a good,solid assault rifle. I absolutely love it and I'm a Revenant user for ME2 & 3. Damage is great and the accuracy is fantastic. It even has a scope, so I can be a pretend sniper (as well helping with scouting out an area before approach). It has a small clip, but since I'm playing full-on Engineer with Overload, Incinerate, and Energy Drain maxed and the passives taken care of-- ammo hasn't been an issue in a fight. Its actually the only gun I carry. I'm starting to fill in the combat talents now so I'm interested in seeing how it gets better. Right now the gun does very effective damage, made better with the double mod augment and those kinetic coils that I was advised to use.

Engineer unknown talent question: Has anyone used the Remnant VI that Peebee gives you? Is it worth checking out?