Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

panascope posted:

The Star Wars prequels are so insanely good that nerds have been absolutely obsessed with them for two decades.

Age of Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Only the hottest of takes.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

panascope posted:

It's pretty obvious Games Workshop has totally turned things around. With 8th edition promising streamlining of 40k, the ongoing success of Age of Sigmar, and Forgeworld continuing to run out high quality releases every month, it's time to close the Death Thread imo.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Hixson and panascope have been pulling off some pro poe's law poo poo the last two weeks

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arven posted:

Hixson and panascope have been pulling off some pro poe's law poo poo the last two weeks

They're extremely good

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh death thread what has happened to you. You've lost your edge.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lmao if you actually hate GW in tyool 2017.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

panascope posted:

It's pretty obvious Games Workshop has totally turned things around. With 8th edition promising streamlining of 40k, the ongoing success of Age of Sigmar, and Forgeworld continuing to run out high quality releases every month, it's time to close the Death Thread imo.

I never knew what it was like to meet someone with terminal Stockholm Syndrome until today. holy moley

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

I never knew what it was like to meet someone with terminal Stockholm Syndrome until today. holy moley

So what do you call being the minority railing against a successful company on a dead forum

:ironicat:

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

The only models GW has made lately that I liked at all are the new eldar/Aeldyr. I don't play auldor though. They kinda lost me when they started making lots of models that were hard to customise and fiddly to paint so some time ago really. The poses are mostly pretty bad too now.

The frostgrave sets look exactly like the old Warhammer models I used to like to make and paint otoh.

I still listen to ham podcasts sometimes and it's fun to listen to them justify spending basically all their money, having to sell their stuff to afford the latest hotness, immediately buying big models for teams they don't collect, using addict language etc. I also find it interesting it's always referred to as "my current project" or "the hobby" rather than my current team or army or whatnot, lots of denial that it's part of a game or it's just expensive toys.

I'm a recovering plastic addict so I get it, you just gotta be honest. Plenty of people partially including me have no interest in the gaming side of it but these are ostensibly gaming podcasts.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:gas:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Was there anything new for Eldar besides those three characters?

It's going to be pretty amusing when 40k manages to live and die without a bunch of Eldar models ever getting updates.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ijyt posted:

Lmao if you actually hate GW in tyool 2017.

Can confirm, people have very short memory spans.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I think GW is actually good now. Gas thread, ban Me.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
Well, smack my rear end and call me Patty Hearst; I just might think GW has some good things in store for 2017.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Everything about GW is still garbage. You guys have just mistaken "better than other garbage" for "not garbage" and I get why that's an easy mistake to make.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
this optimism will be a delicious memory a year from now

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wait so did GW go to 2-man stores or open until 8pm on weekdays now?

How's your gundam kit, Moola?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Everything about GW is still garbage. You guys have just mistaken "better than other garbage" for "not garbage" and I get why that's an easy mistake to make.

You're right, what GW has planned for 2017 is by far better than the garbage that is x-wing.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ijyt posted:

You're right, what GW has planned for 2017 is by far better than the garbage that is x-wing.

So a better quarterly organized play kit or nationals prize support?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

So a better quarterly organized play kit or nationals prize support?

Oh no you think you enjoy tournament play :ohdear: But yes they are catering to the slower clientele.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Atlas Hugged posted:

Actually, Games Workshop is Good.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ijyt posted:

Oh no you think you enjoy tournament play :ohdear: But yes they are catering to the slower clientele.

The OP kits are actually purposed for drawing out and retaining casual players for game nights. :psyduck: Whatever happened to that one tanks/etc. thing that GW did last year anyway? I just remember hearing about it from stores and such and then it disappeared. Nothing like that planned for this year, or a continuous OP plan?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
When I said 'Ban Me' what I meant was 'I really want a Bahn Mi'.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What you want is this thread: what if ur wife of 20 years was just a banh mi sandwich

which is really cool and good.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol if u allow urself to be trolled in the deth thread

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Why is this thread still here?

It's obvious to anybody who can look at GW with a shred of objectivity (probably not anybody in here) that they are miles ahead of where they were last year. AoS was a resounding success, their community interaction has increased drastically, their newly released models are great, and now they've advanced the story line.

With 8th Ed in the pipe idk how anybody can still have this "Lol gently caress GW" mindset.

You people are delusional. Gas.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hixson posted:

It's obvious to anybody who can look at GW with a shred of objectivity (probably not anybody in here) that they are miles ahead of where they were last year. AoS was a resounding success, their community interaction has increased drastically, their newly released models are great, and now they've advanced the story line.

With 8th Ed in the pipe idk how anybody can still have this "Lol gently caress GW" mindset.

Bad company makes bad games, treats customers badly, treats employees badly. Throws a handful of bones, still makes bad games, still treats employees poorly, bizarre customers with unwavering corporate loyalty "They've never been bad and are even better now"

:allears:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 29, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hixson posted:

So how about them Gundams?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I still cannot believe people would compare low quality junk like Gundam kits to even something as basic as a Space Marine sprue.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I think it's also fair to say that 'bad company' can become 'good company' if they keep this up.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The denial/closet love of GW in here is strong. You must all be Republicans.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

In other news, we've done a full 180, as GW now cribs Mantic, releasing their new not-Deadzone game with a display board based on one made for actual Deadzone by a player.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Very high res: Open in a new window if you can't read it.

NTRabbit posted:

I thought that looked familiar

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Hixson posted:

So you want us back in the main thread? You are asking us to bring our annoyance, complaints, and criticisms to the "good" thread.

You heard the man lads, lets go gently caress up the hug box.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Bad company makes bad games, treats customers badly, treats employees badly. Throws a handful of bones, still makes bad games, still treats employees poorly, bizarre customers with unwavering corporate loyalty "They've never been bad and are even better now"

:allears:

Ridiculous claims not grounded in reality. Yep, sounds like a typical death threader.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hixson posted:

Ridiculous claims not grounded in reality. Yep, sounds like a typical death threader.

Trump voter spotted

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Hixson posted:

Source your quotes.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

NTRabbit posted:

In other news, we've done a full 180, as GW now cribs Mantic, releasing their new not-Deadzone game with a display board based on one made for actual Deadzone by a player.

:eyepop: I saw this movie....

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

I used to dislike GW too. It's different now; GW has changed alot in the last year, and is doing really really cool stuff. To say otherwise you're either stupid or willfully ignorant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Hixson posted:

I used to dislike GW too. It's different now; GW has changed alot in the last year, and is doing really really cool stuff. To say otherwise you're either stupid or willfully ignorant

He gazed up at the enormous logo. Fourteen years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark storefront. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Games Workshop

• Locked thread