Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also when is Hollow Knight out on Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Has anyone tried spawning a giant metal box on the edge of the world with the guardian Amiibo, stasis smacking it, then grabbing on to break past the barrier?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

Also, it makes certain weapons better or worse, makes certain critters and things appear, and it's not like you can't climb if you do the 4climb1Jump technique. It limits your climbing earlier in the game but less so later, so regardless of what direction you go in it puts higher things more out of easy reach and that is a good and clever mechanic

The one thing I haven't really liked and wasn't at all clever was just being stopped by an invisible wall and told NOPE at the map edge. Why is there obviously walkable land and no contrived story reason to stop me? Just nope. That was lazy and the only thing I can say that about so far (100+ hours in )

yeah. Walking far out in the Gerudo Desert and being told to screw off was lame.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I really if BotW has ruined exploration in all other open world games for me. I definitely ruined Horizon, which is still good in combat and everything else. But I couldn't care less about finding crap because its bad and not fun.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol @ people complaining about invisible walls in a video game

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Laughing with my wife (who is a model by the way) at people being mad at rain and breakable weapons in Zelda as they don't recognize the brilliance of interlocking systems overlapping to force the player into tense, dynamic encounters and situations beyond their control, requiring quick thinking and adaptability to overcome, thereby increasing the fun factor from 4.5 to 5 out of 5. Just lol.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stan Taylor posted:

Laughing with my wife (who is a model by the way) at people being mad at rain and breakable weapons in Zelda as they don't recognize the brilliance of interlocking systems overlapping to force the player into tense, dynamic encounters and situations beyond their control, requiring quick thinking and adaptability to overcome, thereby increasing the fun factor from 4.5 to 5 out of 5. Just lol.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the switch is good

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

The game lets you light a loving fire and use the updraft to fly and y'all have the nerve to be pissbabies about rain

GOTM for real

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

I really if BotW has ruined exploration in all other open world games for me. I definitely ruined Horizon, which is still good in combat and everything else. But I couldn't care less about finding crap because its bad and not fun.

This game obliterated the bar set by Fallout:NV.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Here's your Digital Foundry comparison of Snake Pass between PS4 and Switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wBvsx84Dys

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cool let's talk more about the rewards for beating each dungeon, this huge open world game has been out for 3 weeks so we've all definitely done everything in it.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

Cool let's talk more about the rewards for beating each dungeon, this huge open world game has been out for 3 weeks so we've all definitely done everything in it.

GAMEPLAY MECHANICS ARE NOT SPOILERS YOU ENTITLED MUPPET

Did you know you can jump and walk in Games?!

vvvv

You did this way better. Oh no, you pussied out

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

Cool i'll list them here

Zora dungeon gives you the ability to transform into a fish and eat bugs
Goron dungeon lets you turn into a boulder and roll down hills
Gerudo dungeon lets you turn into a lady and smooch boys
Rito dungeon gives you IBS

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is there anyway to change what button makes Link jump in Zelda?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

vvvv

I don't want videogames to ban me I like my av :(

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

vvvv

gently caress off please this thread is for discussing Snipperclips and Fast RMX

Spacebump posted:

Is there anyway to change what button makes Link jump in Zelda?

You can swap X and B

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

vvvv

It's a cool game where discovering *stuff* is really fun and interesting, and the dungeon rewards are part of that stuff even if you think you're being clever with your dumb analogy. There's an entire thread to talk about that stuff without ruining the experience for other people.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's been 26 days, what do ya want.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Cool I guess everyone who wants to play Zelda has already 100% it then.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

parallelodad posted:

No obvious Zelda spoilers in the general thread? I mean, I have 50 hours, and only two dungeons down.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I really didn't want to know anything about the dungeons I haven't done. You guys are massive dilldos

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah you are a massive baby.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah you are a massive baby.

:iceburn:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Helping a buddy try and get this on BestBuy's website today, it's supposed to be available at 10 am pst, right? Nothing yet.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It is 12 CST and I see no switches on Best Buy. You have made an enemy this day, thread

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Norns posted:

I really didn't want to know anything about the dungeons I haven't done. You guys are massive dilldos

If you think you know anything about them based on this conversation, you don't know Jack.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
They aren't even real dungeon and they take like 11 minutes to do, just go do them.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I have a question about Snake Pass controls. For some reason all the videos the person playing can't figure out how to move like a snake, and never mentions anything about how to play properly. You gotta wrap your snake body around stuff to go do things, jerks!

Is it hard to wrap yourself around for example a vertical pole? Isn't it just hold the control stick a bit to one side, while raising the head with the "raise head" button? Wouldn't that just wrap the dude around the pole?

Are the controls and game mechanics really that hard?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tender Bender posted:

calm down

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Emron posted:

It is 12 CST and I see no switches on Best Buy. You have made an enemy this day, thread

Bots immediately scoured all stock. Purchasing on websites really need captcha.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Bots immediately scoured all stock. Purchasing on websites really need captcha.

I should make a bot that does this for like 10 cents a purchase or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nolgthorn posted:

I should make a bot that does this for like 10 cents a purchase or something.

It keeps putting it back and then out of stock so I assume website issues.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Tender Bender posted:

Please explain in detail how knowledge of a cosmetic reward has ruined the game for you.

I'll wait 😘

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

I have a question about Snake Pass controls. For some reason all the videos the person playing can't figure out how to move like a snake, and never mentions anything about how to play properly. You gotta wrap your snake body around stuff to go do things, jerks!

Is it hard to wrap yourself around for example a vertical pole? Isn't it just hold the control stick a bit to one side, while raising the head with the "raise head" button? Wouldn't that just wrap the dude around the pole?

Are the controls and game mechanics really that hard?

Some people just aren't cut out to think like a snake. Nobody is talking about this

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Nintendo Switch: There was a problem adding your product to cart.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Best Buy's website was slow as poo poo but I decided to try and see if I could buy a second Switch.

I almost got through the order process but then decided to cancel it so a Switchless person could get it instead.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
My buddy managed to get one from BBY's site, he should have it shipped to the store Friday. Mission accomplished, appreciate the heads up on this.

e: FALSE FLAG, his cart errored out, panic is in the air

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 29, 2017

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

best buy's website is remarkably poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's Twenty serpentine people. You gotta zag.

The confusing thing about the controls is because you have an acceleration button you want to use the control stick to steer, but that's not how it works. You go in the absolute direction you push the stick.

To move faster you need to go in a zig zag pattern.

• Locked thread