Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They literally have Edward Scissorhands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They literally have Edward Scissorhands.

Fake news.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
also oilers officially switching to the orange jerseys fulltime for playoffs+next year :yeah:

Apr 7, 2003

fits posted:

also oilers officially switching to the orange jerseys fulltime for playoffs+next year :yeah:

"fulltime" for the playoffs being one series

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Penguins are the most unduly picked on franchise in the entire loving league. They don't have any big men besides Malkin and they haven't had a goon on the roster for years, but they get a reputation for "playing dirty." Everyone hates the team that's better than theirs, I guess.

Low energy troll, :sad:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Matt Zerella posted:

He's been getting about 2 breakaways a game lately and he either tries to go top shelf and misses completely or biffs it right into the leg pad.

The Michael Grabner Experience

Apr 7, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Low energy troll, :sad:

Welcome to the hockey thread, where facts are trolling.

The Pens don't have any big players except for Malkin, who very rarely fights. Doumalin is 6'4" and he's their tallest regular player.

The Pens haven't had a goon on the bench in years.

Their players are predominately small, fast skaters. Most of them are under 6' (Conor Sheary is 5'8").

Apparently winning is "playing dirty?"

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Pens don't have any big players except for Malkin, who very rarely fights. Doumalin is 6'4" and he's their tallest regular player.

Their players are predominately small, fast skaters. Most of them are under 6' (Conor Sheary is 5'8").

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca8itGsdKW0

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fighting doesn't make someone a goon. Malkin is a goon.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also sticking guys in the nuts and cutting off their fingers.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Malkin never fights

Except unprompted with 10 seconds left in a Stanley Cup Final blowout

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

fits posted:

Hell yeah.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

Jesus Tayne, for a guy who gets daps on the reg from ya boy Sidney "the Fingerblaster" Crosby I'd think maybe Sestito said hello to you once or twice this year when they called him up to go headhunting. Being tall has nothing to do with being a goon so I have no idea what you mean with this big man stuff.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

There are no clean NHL teams because the NHL actively rewards dirty players.

If you disagree, Steve Ott still has a job, so you are incorrect.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Brad Marchand (5'9) is one of the cleanest players in the NHL, with a sterling reputation. Adored by fans league-wide. How could he possibly be construed as a dirty player at his stature? I won't hear of it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Jesus Tayne, for a guy who gets daps on the reg from ya boy Sidney "the Fingerblaster" Crosby I'd think maybe Sestito said hello to you once or twice this year when they called him up to go headhunting. Being tall has nothing to do with being a goon so I have no idea what you mean with this big man stuff.

Common behavior for a fresh import off hfboards, it takes a year or two for SAS to breed the "my team are angels and your teams are cheaters" attitude out of 'em.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

xzzy posted:

Common behavior for a fresh import off hfboards, it takes a year or two for SAS to breed the "my team are angels and your teams are cheaters" attitude out of 'em.

Tayne's been active for a long time in the POS (and is a pretty good poster).

Apr 7, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

When the rest of the league takes liberties with your stars on the regular, I'd say there's nothing wrong with calling up a big man on occasion to protect him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

There it is.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Methot took Dupuis' legs, so Crosby took his finger

Apr 7, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

There it is.

Crosby lost a mouthful of teeth to a high stick just a few weeks ago. He's been a target for a decade now.

Eventually you quit being patient with the poo poo other teams pull and put Sestito out there.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Adds up. Keith is tall and a dickbag

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Citizen Tayne posted:

Crosby lost a mouthful of teeth to a high stick just a few weeks ago. He's been a target for a decade now.

Eventually you quit being patient with the poo poo other teams pull and put Sestito out there.

I am very sorry that your player got high sticked and lost teeth, a thing that's never happened to any other player in the NHL in the last decade and is solely targeted towards your player. Must be rough to watch.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

When the rest of the league takes liberties with your stars on the regular, I'd say there's nothing wrong with calling up a big man on occasion to protect him.

In the past I think this is true but there's as many fights and cheap shots after clean hits as there are dirty ones. There's no "code" there's just mad and madder. There was never respect before, and there sure as gently caress isn't now.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu8D3_qhfVo

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

fits posted:

I figured they would wear the orange jerseys during the playoffs when news came out in January that they were switching to the orange jerseys next season. Still, great to hear it confirmed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Tayne's been active for a long time in the POS (and is a pretty good poster).

I expected better! I shouldn't have to slip the :thejoke: into my posts.

Apr 7, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

I am very sorry that your player got high sticked and lost teeth, a thing that's never happened to any other player in the NHL in the last decade and is solely targeted towards your player. Must be rough to watch.

this but a finger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That actually hasn't happened to another player before.

Apr 7, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

That actually hasn't happened to another player before.

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/hockey/nhl/calgary-flames/francis-slashing-common-against-stars-like-flames-johnny-gaudreau

Hand injuries from slashing are incredibly common. Sid is just really good at everything he does, so a simple broken finger injury turned into a finger explosion.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I didn't really think the Rangers would be a legit contender this year but this late season stretch of lovely play is really pretty terrible to watch and Lundqvist is just bad now

On the other hand Brady Skjei is actually really good it turns out and is (a distant) second in rookie defenseman scoring and basically has replaced Yandle in a way that I don't think anyone was really expecting.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

DOOMocrat posted:

There are no clean NHL teams because the NHL actively rewards dirty players.

If you disagree, Steve OttMatt Martin still has a job, so you are incorrect.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

heeheex2 posted:

You think the oilers are gonna lose to the flames or to the ducks?

Yes

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Dirty players loving rule. I wish our dudes were dirtier. I didn't like Crosby at all until he started nutting guys

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't think its good when guys like McSorely smash a dudes head with a stick, but I do like when guys give someone a little sack tap or trip people when the ref isn't looking

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

The Golden Man posted:

Dirty players loving rule. I wish our dudes were dirtier. I didn't like Crosby at all until he started nutting guys

Crosby was super dirty when he first came into the league but it wasn't tough guy dirty, it was "oh, a stick brushed me or a guy kind of hit me, better flop to the ice" dirty.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Crosby was super dirty when he first came into the league but it wasn't tough guy dirty, it was "oh, a stick brushed me or a guy kind of hit me, better flop to the ice" dirty.

Any day with an opportunity to post this is a good day.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Matt Zerella posted:

that's not dirty play, that's "being a little bitch" - two different things

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Joe Thornton is a pretty underrated dirty player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

That's not dirty, that's playing smart.

• Locked thread