Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Jay Rust posted:

On the subject of "I loooove death", wasn't there a cartoon featuring innocent children going through a machine labelled "Public Education" and coming out saying stuff like "God doesn't exist", and, yes, "I looove death"? Or was that an edit?

Not an edit, not an edit. You're the edit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love the idea that all first graders apparently are preloaded with the celestial knowledge that Obama's crazy but the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil public education system takes that Godly knowledge away.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Unable to deter the Democrats from blocking his path, Gorsuch resorts to flashing to scare them off

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I love the idea that all first graders apparently are preloaded with the celestial knowledge that Obama's crazy but the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevil public education system takes that Godly knowledge away.

Small children: noted for their interest in boring men in suits on the news.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Improbable Lobster posted:

Please be nice to bees, they are usually harmless and cute and important to the ecosystem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKweqxWUC38

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

That's Jared Kushner, btw.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Keiya posted:

Well I mean... he's not wrong. There was way more change in the fear-and-hate direction they wanted from those two planes than from every letter written since combined.

Of course he's not wrong. That's the point. No poo poo, Ted, thanks for making an obvious by-the-numbers point about the, erm, "success" of the 9/11 effort while the bodies aren't even cold.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

D.N. Nation posted:

Of course he's not wrong. That's the point. No poo poo, Ted, thanks for making an obvious by-the-numbers point about the, erm, "success" of the 9/11 effort while the bodies aren't even cold.

i personally am glad that saying 9-11 was good is only a couple of days less old then 9-11 itself

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tei posted:

We can play favorites, but in the end we need the natural world more than the natural world need us.

Until we finish my Arcology project, thats is. A fully sustainable building where entire generations can live without going outside.

I hate to break it to you, but the SA forums achieved that over 15 years ago.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Friendly reminder that Ted Rall has made the following comics:

-Mocking 9/11 widows and implying they were happy to use their husband's deaths for fame
-Mocking a teacher who saved her students from a tornado by covering them with her body by calling her fat.
-Made a comic days after Roger Ebert's death whining about how Ebert didn't agree with him about Citizen Kane and said his death was a blessing for film criticism.
-Made a comic days after Mandela's death implying he did nothing and was overrated.
-Mocked Pat Tillman as a mentally handicapped blood-thirsty monster and then glorified himself as 'Starting a conversation' after it came out he was full of poo poo.
-Made an entire graphic novel about being a poor loser who had tons of hot sex with rich women and got paid for it. Also got a BJ while on the phone with his mom.
-Made an entire graphic novel about nearly murdering a bully multiple times.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ant-Kirschen posted:

The Trump v Ant-Trump clash is dividing our community. Jews have survived an amazing sequence of such gut-wrenching splits in the societies and cultures which have hosted our dispersed and hounded people. The challenge that we now face, that we Jews have always faced, is to "sink or swim."
Our Passover Seders is when we gather to remember and reclaim our unity as we journey through history.

Kirschen posted:

YIKES!! According to the New Your Times https://www.nytimes.com/%85/hillary-clinton-says-shes-ready-t%85 Hillary Clinton said she was “ready to come out of the woods” during a St. Patrick’s Day speech on Friday night in Pennsylvania in front of an overflow crowd — an indication that she plans to shed the low profile she has kept since the election.
Mrs. Clinton, the presidential candidate and a former secretary of state, made the comments at the end of a nearly 20-minute talk she gave at a yearly St. Patrick’s Day celebration held by a women’s group in Scranton — in the northeast corner of a battleground state that made for one of her most surprising electoral losses in November.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Is this supposed to be a drawing of Trump or Hillary?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

Trump considering the next one shows what he thinks Hillary looks like.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

The one with links with Goldman Sachs bankers.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

OldTennisCourt posted:

Almost as though they learn early on that parroting mommy and daddy earns them smiles and approval, but, when they start learning on their own, they figure out that mommy and daddy are hateful morons who are full of poo poo...

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tei posted:

Hollard Clump

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Tei posted:

About conspiracy theories: I would not discredit people that talk about a conspiracy has a rule, because what when is *you* then one talking about a conspiracy. Most conspiracies are not real, but some are. By labeling all conspiracies talk crazy non-sense, you setup yourself for failure.

Skeptics say that you need to have your brain open, but not so open that it falls to the floor.

By definition conspiracy theories rely on unfalsifiable evidence, vague hypotheses and logical fallacies. The government spying conspiracies weren't substantiated by Snowden et al's leaks because those conspiracies were about NWO Illuminati bullshit. They were overblown nonsense that only resembles the truth if you think that the banal reality of the USAs spy policies are equal to the insanity of thinking that government satellites can read your brain.

While it's worthwhile not to dismiss conspiracies theories out of hand there's a reason why they're conspiracy theories and not just conspiracies. The vast majority of them are nonsense that bear as much resemblance to reality as a bad episode of The X-Files.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Hollard Clump

I think I had one of those in my sink drain.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Technowolf posted:

I think I had one of those in my sink drain.

DRAIN THE SINK!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

duz posted:

Well, he got at least one right. That's better than some.
Hmm? Not really no. It wasn't "Yum pink slime!!" then "EW pink slime!!" it was "Yum burger" then "WHAT is in my burger???" People didn't suddenly hate pink slime because THE MEDIA told them to, they genuinely had no idea.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Rob Smith is, by far, the straight up dumbest cartoonist this thread has featured. He's not the most evil, mean, nasty or whatever but the most straight up idiotic.

Tei posted:

I didn't know Dees had a forums account

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There are three cartoons I think of when I think how dumb Rob Smith Jr. is. Incredibly, none of them have been posted yet--we've had an entire dump of his work without even scratching the surface of how incredibly moronic he is.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

There are three cartoons I think of when I think how dumb Rob Smith Jr. is. Incredibly, none of them have been posted yet--we've had an entire dump of his work without even scratching the surface of how incredibly moronic he is.

I think I know what they are

Rob Smith Jr's well-reasoned, mature response to the talking point that people are finally quitting jobs they hate now that they are guaranteed healthcare was "that doesn't make any sense, everyone has an easy cushy job they're overpaid for :confused:"

"I've been decapitated forever because of Obamacare!"

In which it is USPS's fault Rob Smith Jr doesn't know his own zip code

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

cheetah7071 posted:

Fired forever, the post office, and...?

e: Beaten and answered.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Rob Smith is such a dumb motherfucker.

My favorite is still the dude checking his super science live forever potion because Obama said that he didn't make it all by himself.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I actually forgot about fired forever. I was thinking about the scientist throwing his research in the garbage because he didn't build that.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Radish posted:

Rob Smith is such a dumb motherfucker.

My favorite is still the dude checking his super science live forever potion because Obama said that he didn't make it all by himself.

cheetah7071 posted:

I actually forgot about fired forever. I was thinking about the scientist throwing his research in the garbage because he didn't build that.

poo poo I forgot about that one

yeah that's some primo stupid

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

loquacius posted:

poo poo I forgot about that one

yeah that's some primo stupid

It's very ayn rand.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rob Smith Jr. draws parody cartoons for The Onion. His persona, Rob Smith Jr., is an ill-informed, dumb-as-bricks hardcore conservative who just can't seem to get his point across.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

By definition conspiracy theories rely on unfalsifiable evidence, vague hypotheses and logical fallacies. The government spying conspiracies weren't substantiated by Snowden et al's leaks because those conspiracies were about NWO Illuminati bullshit. They were overblown nonsense that only resembles the truth if you think that the banal reality of the USAs spy policies are equal to the insanity of thinking that government satellites can read your brain.

While it's worthwhile not to dismiss conspiracies theories out of hand there's a reason why they're conspiracy theories and not just conspiracies. The vast majority of them are nonsense that bear as much resemblance to reality as a bad episode of The X-Files.

More importantly, there's only so many hours in a day, and how many of them do you want to spend verifying claims made by David "THE GOVERNMENT BROKE INTO MY HOUSE TO REARRANGE MY SHOES" Dees?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wasn't it outlined somewhere that the pipeline would make very few jobs? Like most people working on it already have the jobs, they'd just be distributed there, and it's not like making the pipeline is a 20,000 person endeavor, and even if it was, 20,000 jobs is something Republicans would laugh Obama offstage for thinking was significant.

This thread talks a lot about how some right-wingers treat "Radical Islam" as a magical "abracadabra" phrase that just needs to be spoken and suddenly all the pieces will fall into place, but goddamn, I'm not sure I've seen a comic put so fine a point on that very idea before this one.
Like, you unironically wrote "speak the words". Like it's a magic loving spell.

NOT A CLOWN
YOU'RE THE CLOWN

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Racist Grandpa Kirschen posted:

The Trump v Ant-Trump clash

Ant-Trump, thanks to his mastery of Peem Particles, can shrink to the size of an ant.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
While we're reminiscing about incredibly dumb cartoons, let's enjoy this blast from the past:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Should have prevented that STD with an aspirin between the knees fucker.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

OldTennisCourt posted:

Rob Smith is, by far, the straight up dumbest cartoonist this thread has featured. He's not the most evil, mean, nasty or whatever but the most straight up idiotic.

Branco is a close second.

e: man, and then Branco gets posted right as I'm typing that.

Too bad that isn't the "broken codom" version of that comic.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

cheetah7071 posted:

While we're reminiscing about incredibly dumb cartoons, let's enjoy this blast from the past:

Surly this is an edit?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Daily Mail – The newspaper’s decision to objectify the legs of the country’s most prominent female politicians represents one of its many lows"

Telegraph:

May triggers article 50 with warning of consequence for UK

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... NHS prescriptions

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

"Enjoy"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Looks like we got a clear front runner for this year's Worst Caricature.

Trump's administration of mismatched gears grinding into the dirt is beyond repair, so you might as well toss the tools.

Couch Guevara Pt.II

• Locked thread