Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dryzen posted:

This guy gets it

waifus are for nerds, i got magatamas *kickflips onto a rail, grinding away*

also fuuka was the best support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Jimbot posted:

I saw a few choice panels of her spin-off manga and knew I chose right to never pay attention to the P4 spin-off stuff. She was real good in the game, though. Great VO too.

I don't hate Naoto, but her showing up marks the point where the game turns into The Naoto Show featuring The Investigation Team where she becomes an exposition robot who figures out every detail of the plot for the other characters.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

boy are my arms tired posted:

I see you misspelled Mitsuru there

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

So let's say hypothetically that I somehow recieved the copy today since I live in a country where 'Release date' is more of a suggestion then law.

Could I, purely hypothetically log into the dlc shoppe and download the original voiceover patch?

Or would I be heavily risking just getting my system banned, account burned down and my wife and I being arrested by IP protection police?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

It won't even be there

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Comrade Kirov posted:

So let's say hypothetically that I somehow recieved the copy today since I live in a country where 'Release date' is more of a suggestion then law.

Could I, purely hypothetically log into the dlc shoppe and download the original voiceover patch?

Or would I be heavily risking just getting my system banned, account burned down and my wife and I being arrested by IP protection police?

i would wait just to be safe because they can feasibly track what your account has downloaded and be REALLY upset about it

also naoto is really good

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Comrade Kirov posted:

yes you will get arrested by persona 5

the game will come to your home and slap cuffs on you

stay safe persona ghost

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Arist posted:

I don't hate Naoto, but her showing up marks the point where the game turns into The Naoto Show featuring The Investigation Team where she becomes an exposition robot who figures out every detail of the plot for the other characters.

Yeah, I agree with you. Cameos are never a good things, especially when the cast of P4 is involve since that's like the Final Fantasy 7 of the Persona franchise. Too beloved for that sort of thing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Most games journalists have been to jail hundreds of times for downloading patches early for review copies. It's no laughing matter. Just a hazard of the job I suppose.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i heard at the end of the game soldier 76 (from the video game overwatch made by blizzard entertainment) shows up and loving shoots the cat

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
We're all soldiers meow

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I might buy this game twice because I don't want to wait the hours it would take for my copy to ship here on Tuesday, rip me

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Why? She is a dull character who barely does anything to help you. No matter what you think of Rise at least she actually supports you.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Arist posted:

I might buy this game twice because I don't want to wait the hours it would take for my copy to ship here on Tuesday, rip me

my gamestop is doing a 9pm thing on monday, which is as good as im gonna get cause i don't know anyone willing to break launch dates

ughh

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Hunt11 posted:

Why? She is a dull character who barely does anything to help you. No matter what you think of Rise at least she actually supports you.

*gasp* oh no! the enemy!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I found some sexy pictures of Rise from P4

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ostentatious posted:

I found some sexy pictures of Rise from P4

hot

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
here's naoto
[posts a picture of a bland text to speech program]

Arist posted:

same i really considered pre-ordering it at a physical retailer yesterday since Amazon still has me down for Arriving April 11th

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Moltrey posted:

here's naoto
[posts a picture of a bland text to speech program]

Don't doxx yourself

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If you plan on buying digital, do it before Saturday. Sony's going to start charging tax in several states starting on the 1st.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

When does digital unlock, anyway? If it's late enough I'll probably just wait for mine to show up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I was laughing at/reading the NeoGAF review thread and the poster of that thread refused to put digital trends review into their big listing at the front page because they didn't want people to focus on it

because they gave it a very well reasoned out and explained

SEVEN out of ten

and then he sheepishly added it in when people said he was cherry picking because he wanted to defend this game's honour

Arist posted:

When does digital unlock, anyway? If it's late enough I'll probably just wait for mine to show up.

usually at the stroke of midnight in your timezone, I think.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Digital will unlock at 12:01 am EST Tuesday morning. No matter what timezone.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I was laughing at NeoGAF
same

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

*froths at the mount* S-SEVEN!?!?!?!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Does the online stuff also include what people did on certain days? Even with a guide and maxed stats I still managed to gently caress up my S-Link schedule in Persona 4. I'm bad at time management, which is no surprise because I'm a nerd who plays video games too much.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Neogaf is real loving strange about review scores. Like some of those dudes take anything less than 9 as an attack on a game.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's what I was hoping on, I'll probably just buy it from PSN and pay $60 for the ten hours it's not at my place.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm addicted to schadenfreude so it's a beautiful thing that NeoGAF exists so I have a permanent supply

Norns posted:

Neogaf is real loving strange about review scores. Like some of those dudes take anything less than 9 as an attack on a game.

"People claimed a 7 for Breath of the Wild(9.7 average score) is a good score, so here on NeoGAF nearly everything is a "good" score.

While I do agree, an 8.5 is fine I guess, below the 8 is where it's starting to feel bad and that's also the reason why reviews below a 7.5 are colored yellow on MC."

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Arist posted:

That's what I was hoping on, I'll probably just buy it from PSN and pay $60 for the ten hours it's not at my place.

I wana say that seems extreme and you can wait those final hours.
Then again I'm getting the 90 Euro Edition and bought Nier Automata twice because of a T Shirt... So I cannot judge

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I bought the poo poo Idiot version of FFXV, I have no self-control

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Norns posted:

it's pretty much just about validating their own opinions. they see something less than a 9 not as an attack on the game, but as an attack on them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The most I was willing to stretch was £5 so I don't have to put the disk in my console when ever I wanna play it despite the fact that whenever I play a PS4 game, the console is always within arms reach.

Endorph posted:

it's pretty much just about validating their own opinions. they see something less than a 9 not as an attack on the game, but as an attack on them.

and yeah, it's this.
It's Seymour Skinner as gently caress.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

It seems like the same sort of narcissism bred in fandoms like Zelda where they need review scores to validate their own thoughts on the game and when someone simply thinks it's above average instead of the best thing ever made they get real insecure about it and begin to personally attack the people involved

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ostentatious posted:

It seems like the same sort of narcissism bred in fandoms like Zelda where they need review scores to validate their own thoughts on the game and when someone simply thinks it's above average instead of the best thing ever made they get real insecure about it and begin to personally attack the people involved

this happened to me in this very forum, I have to include in every post that I like the game and people still freak out

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

This guy gets it

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
a "friend" of mine wrote up several paragraphs in text message form about The Sterling's botw review score and i replied back with a "lol but he's right tho"

he still isn't talking to me

7s are fine, if a game gets like a 5 thats when i start to eyeball it a bit

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was gonna get it digital, but there wasn't a mention of the size anywhere and I didn't wanna go over my bandwidth cause My Internet Bad

I'll probably cancel my amazon order and end up pre-ordering it else where this weekend cause ya boy aint waiting for amazon, idk why I did that

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i'm addicted to schadenfreude so it's a beautiful thing that NeoGAF exists so I have a permanent supply
same I guess, godspeed

e: also yeah people can get weird about video games on the internet and either think you're the idiot for not liking for something or that you're calling them the idiot because they do like something.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ostentatious posted:

The breakdown of this:

"I don't like X mechanic"

"gently caress YOU THE GAME IS BRILLIANT YOU JUST DON'T GET IT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite recent examples were when all the previews for Mass Effect 4 came out and almost everyone was dunking on it and you'd get people cherrypicking the one remotely positive comment in the mountain and they'd bring this one example up as a "see, it can't be bad, this person likes it and is saying what I want to hear about it, literally everyone else is dumb as gently caress unlike me and this poster!"