Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
my new "grab rockets and run here" spot on Sector 618

http://i.imgur.com/PUePxtv.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mikey-San posted:

oh my

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Useless information because that map will never be playable on the Xbox One Premium Gaming Platform.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

Useless information because that map will never be playable on the Xbox One Premium Gaming Platform.

"Premium"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Mikey-San posted:

:piaa:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

im the guy shooting telesto at the oversoul

pls

That's who I was referring to haha

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

actionjackson posted:

That's who I was referring to haha

Actually you were referring to me.

Also, where's that clip of me being the Hero of the Abyss. :colbert:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

whats the suggested load out for 390 crota?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

Actually you were referring to me.

Also, where's that clip of me being the Hero of the Abyss. :colbert:

Alright Ill upload it tonight

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
New ghosts for all the dumb losers like me who care about lore:

-Dedgen Yor's real identity revealed Rasheed Walrus Rezyl Azir
-more about the scrubs that are following Yor
-Shaxx lost a bet to Cayde and had to teach some kids how to play dodgeball. It's amazing
-all the fallen houses on all the planets are in retreat (not reflected in game). Set up for D2?
-Eris plans on leaving the tower. Introduces a new character who has his arm replaced by a Vex arm and his ghost all vexified. Probably references the new VoG gear but maybe he'll be a character in D2 since he got a name.
-Cayde googles himself + his google search history. It's amazing.
-someone (the awoken prince douchebag?) let himself get captured by the house of kings and meets their kell, and then the kell bows to him + some hints that the queen is still around in some way?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

AAB posted:

Your favorite guns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

AAB posted:

Abyss: telesto or zhalo, long range heavy to deal with the knights and ogres at the end. Swords help with most of the other phases, especially if you want to do the deathsinger challenge. Gjallarhorn for dropping Crota, sniper for dealing with platform knights and oversoul.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

FishBulb posted:

Your favorite guns

*takes notes*

Go on....

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Mazerunner posted:

-Dedgen Yor's real identity revealed Rasheed Walrus Rezyl Azir

Which of the new cards was this on?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Angry Walrus posted:

Which of the new cards was this on?

triumphant fall

He has the hand cannon Rose- precursor to Thorn. He becomes obsessed with the darkness or w/e. Starts grafting bones onto Rose

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It was data mined last night but it is pretty clear that it is him.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

haveblue posted:

Abyss: telesto or zhalo, long range heavy to deal with the knights and ogres at the end. Swords help with most of the other phases, especially if you want to do the deathsinger challenge. Gjallarhorn for dropping Crota, sniper for dealing with platform knights and oversoul.

Telesto owns in abyss. Also warlocks do yourself a favor and spec for shnsjnger explosive melee that makes orbs for this part. You can wipe entire packs with one melee and refill everyone's super.

After the abyss and bridge:

Raze Lighter is back in a big way for Deathsinger. One uppercut and a swipe should do the knights.

Wotm Sniper will one shot boomers. Same with Spindle and Event Horizon.

Explosive round scout is always good.

Gjally for crota shield.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Mazerunner posted:

Shaxx playing Dodgeball had me rolling and brought a little tear to my eye at the end. Cayde Googling himself was also amazing.

Wounded Unicorn/Waffle House's Loretheories for D2:

1) Cabal attack Earth directly
2) "Heretic" Trinary Star Cult (or whatever they are) starts showing more face
3) Fallen Houses in Sol system perhaps united under a more common banner. Maybe they'll even be allies after a fashion?!????? (Fun poo poo: Go to the Moon on Archer's Line, and look at the Fallen House banner that's just inside the door of the chinese Mass Accelerator; it's the same pattern as Cloak of Taniks, who has no house.
4) The Vex patient might be Praedyth, which would be cool if he was the Vex version of Eris.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I've done the Crota challenge a couple of times now and my big tip for it is Start with an invis Bladedancer, a good swordbearer can get 8hits in which is just above half of his health remaining. Gives a lot more wiggle room for error.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

haveblue posted:

You will want a defender or 2 with helm of st 14. It gets pretty busy at stages.

I run zhalo on abyss, with a sniper and machine gun and then change to juju for plates.

Change to gjally for shrieker.

Death singer you should have 2 sword the rest rocket launchers or you wont be able to do challenge.

Oversoul can be dropped by celestial golden gun. Everyone else rockets and snipers.

Death singer challenge is a little tough both sides need to be pretty efficent the only major issue can be that the wizards can bug out and get stuck and wont come out or a knight or thrall will glitch around and you'll have to orbit to fix it.

Bring synths.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

BattleTech posted:

I've done the Crota challenge a couple of times now and my big tip for it is Start with an invis Bladedancer, a good swordbearer can get 8hits in which is just above half of his health remaining. Gives a lot more wiggle room for error.

:eyepop: that's a good top tip, I was getting 6-7 in last night pretty consistently. Turns out farming the Crota-fanboy on the dreadnaught months ago with pubs was great practice.

Also drat Crota owns when you're the swordbearer

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.
Finished my book, ordered my shirt.

I started at 63% yesterday and did 20 public events along the way.

August 1st is the deadline, btw -- you have 124 days to get your Nerd Shirt.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

KillTylerDurden posted:

Finished my book, ordered my shirt.

I started at 63% yesterday and did 20 public events along the way.

August 1st is the deadline, btw -- you have 124 days to get your Nerd Shirt.

That explains the countdown timer being just shy of the D2 projected release date. Think that's just Destiny Public Beta Date, or will we get a closing event?

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

probably what they said too

i figure people run there and wait because they expect to be safe for a few seconds right after heavy drops. but nah

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

is there a good vendor one around right now or am i gonna have to hope i get a good drop, i haven't had one in loving ages

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

is there a good vendor one around right now or am i gonna have to hope i get a good drop, i haven't had one in loving ages

Dunno but the trials one can drop from gold bounties this weekend.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I played without a mic last night and to make a long story short I had no idea what was different about the Death Singer changes so I burned her the gently caress down with my ghallarhorn and left my fire team speechless as our challenge rewards went poof!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I played without a mic last night and to make a long story short I had no idea what was different about the Death Singer changes so I burned her the gently caress down with my ghallarhorn and left my fire team speechless as our challenge rewards went poof!

This is what I did lmao but with a sword :smugdon:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
What's the challenge

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Kill everything so a swordbearer comes out and use the sword to kill the deathsinger

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
2 years of work and that's what we get?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I'm just gonna watch the Cayde teaser trailer for a few hours and beat off thanks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That trailer is p lame and bordering on monkeycheese imho

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I know the saying goes that anything is good in PvE, but ER scouts really do tear poo poo up. My favorite primary is a Badger CCL with OAS/Zen/ER. Got a Handjob of Judgment recently with TrueSight/PB/ER/Triple Tap, it's also cool and good. Before those, Burning Eye was my jam.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

What's the challenge

Finding the will to play the game at this point

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I like that I've had to re-download the game three times since the update.

Sorry to anyone I've snubbed on grouping, I know there have been a few.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That trailer is p lame and bordering on monkeycheese imho

monkeucheese*

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

-Cayde googles himself + his google search history. It's amazing.

I think that's also the one that has the mention of some kind of giant space object hanging around the galaxy, which, hey, that could be some kind of Cabal Warworld like in those destiny rumors

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

Waffle House posted:

That explains the countdown timer being just shy of the D2 projected release date. Think that's just Destiny Public Beta Date, or will we get a closing event?

I'd be happy as poo poo to see either.

August first is a Tuesday, too... Hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I haven't played in about a year. Most of my gear is ~320 so should I just dismantle a bunch of it and buy vendor weapons/armor?

• Locked thread