Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zikan posted:

uber clarified uberetto and jewber by saying that the terms refer to an uber employee (like googler) and a name jewish uber employees apparently call themselves respectively

why they didn't run this public facing diversity page past a person with basic communications and diversity training? :iiam:

Because they're disruptive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
More a general SF / tech piece but:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/my-fully-optimized-life-allows-me-ample-time-to-optimize-yours posted:

MY FULLY OPTIMIZED LIFE ALLOWS ME AMPLE TIME TO OPTIMIZE YOURS

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
nice ampletimesplaining

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

blowfish posted:

Because gently caress professional diversity statements, even uber is less bad than professional diversity statements that are literally just "we claim to support [generic diversity policy], and that's totally not just because it's a good PR move for [company]".

I remember Mozilla's press release during the Brendan Eich clusterfuck which proudly declared that they were doing a pile of things all of which were just requirements of Californian employment law.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

divabot posted:

I remember Mozilla's press release during the Brendan Eich clusterfuck which proudly declared that they were doing a pile of things all of which were just requirements of Californian employment law.

"Hey look at us, what we're doing is technically legal, aren't we great?"

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

outlier posted:

So much :smug: I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

super sweet best pal posted:

So much :smug: I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.
It's satire you nitwit

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Not very good satire then.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

quote:

There's a lot to dig into—most glaringly that the company is 63.9% male and 49.8% white.
Oh no, not substantially less white than America as a whole!

lol at the "Jewber" thing though, even if it's an innocuous name that Jewish employees came up with themselves you'd have to be an idiot use it without providing any real context in a PR piece.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Cicero posted:

Oh no, not substantially less white than America as a whole!

lol at the "Jewber" thing though, even if it's an innocuous name that Jewish employees came up with themselves you'd have to be an idiot use it without providing any real context in a PR piece.

85% of their tech jobs are held by men. More than 80% of their total workforce are either white or Asian, and only 3% of tech positions are held by black or Hispanic workers. No leadership positions in tech are held by black or Hispanic employees. Are these not issues in your view?

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

outlier posted:

Thought I was reading a Mr. Money Moustache post there for a sec

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

aware of dog posted:

85% of their tech jobs are held by men. More than 80% of their total workforce are either white or Asian, and only 3% of tech positions are held by black or Hispanic workers. No leadership positions in tech are held by black or Hispanic employees. Are these not issues in your view?
Oh they definitely are issues, it's just a pet peeve of mine when articles discussing diversity in tech claim that the companies are 'so white' -- citing percentage of employees -- when they're actually less white than average. It's like they aren't critically thinking about the numbers even a little bit.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
edit: whoops wrong thread

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I really liked these quotes from the same Uber diversity page that brings us Jewbros and Uberettos.

quote:

Parenting at Uber
Broadening the conversation around being an Uber parent.
Not opening opportunities, not expanding access to childcare, broadening the conversation.

quote:

Women of Uber
Our goal is to provide a channel that promotes women's inclusion for all employees at Uber (e.g. women in tech, mentorship, career enhancement).
I know what they mean, but they really couldn't think of a better phrasing than "promotes women's inclusion for all employees?"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

WrenP-Complete posted:

I know what they mean, but they really couldn't think of a better phrasing than "promotes women's inclusion for all employees?"

Hey, if they're openly supporting trans rights I'm OK with that.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Shooting Blanks posted:

Hey, if they're openly supporting trans rights I'm OK with that.

I have this disruptive bridge you might be interested in

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Cicero posted:

Oh they definitely are issues, it's just a pet peeve of mine when articles discussing diversity in tech claim that the companies are 'so white' -- citing percentage of employees -- when they're actually less white than average. It's like they aren't critically thinking about the numbers even a little bit.

According to identity politics logic Asians don't count.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dmitri-9 posted:

According to identity politics logic Asians don't count.

"PC gone mad" is too British, and "SJW" has lost its luster, but fear not. We'll finally defeat the scourge of the dignity-wanters as soon as we find the right thing to sneer at them.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

"PC gone mad" is too British, and "SJW" has lost its luster, but fear not. We'll finally defeat the scourge of the dignity-wanters as soon as we find the right thing to sneer at them.

I'm not what that means but Asian Americans are definitely not counted as minorities in many discussions surrounding education and tech. I don't have any real conclusions on why.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Thundercracker posted:

I'm not what that means but Asian Americans are definitely not counted as minorities in many discussions surrounding education and tech. I don't have any real conclusions on why.

"Dmitri-9" was engaging in some poorly-veiled whining about anti-racism.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Thundercracker posted:

Asian-Americans have what's called "model minority" status, which confers some visible advantages and a lot of hidden disadvantages. It's exactly the kind of thing The Great Race Space is happy to discuss if you're curious.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)

aware of dog posted:

You need to have selective mating that creates smart+smart parents in order to sustain a high IQ subpopulation. If you took white people and forced them to mate together randomly for 100 years you'd get very few white engineers because there'd be no high IQ couples having kids together anymore -- a 140 IQ mommy and a 100 IQ daddy will make a dumb baby. This mating randomization is essentially what happened to black people under slavery and is the main reason we have so few high IQ black people in this country. You can look at performance on high end math contests to see this -- Nigeria does way better than black America at producing USAMO-level teenagers.

Also, there are in fact leadership positions held by black people at some Silicon Valley tech companies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

sarehu posted:

You need to have selective mating that creates smart+smart parents in order to sustain a high IQ subpopulation. If you took white people and forced them to mate together randomly for 100 years you'd get very few white engineers because there'd be no high IQ couples having kids together anymore -- a 140 IQ mommy and a 100 IQ daddy will make a dumb baby. This mating randomization is essentially what happened to black people under slavery and is the main reason we have so few high IQ black people in this country. You can look at performance on high end math contests to see this -- Nigeria does way better than black America at producing USAMO-level teenagers.

Also, there are in fact leadership positions held by black people at some Silicon Valley tech companies.

Whoa, a time traveler from the 1920s, here to tell us all about eugenics and the benefits of sterilizing the poor.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Brainiac Five posted:

Whoa, a time traveler from the 1920s, here to tell us all about eugenics and the benefits of sterilizing the poor.

it's ok, he says "I'm not a scientific racist or a racist at all", you appear to be heuristically pattern-matching on the jawdroppingly racist things he keeps on posting, when actually

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

sarehu posted:

This mating randomization is essentially what happened to black people under slavery and is the main reason we have so few high IQ black people in this country.

source please

edit: please be a stormfront link this is totally gonna be a stormfront link

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

sarehu posted:

You need to have selective mating that creates smart+smart parents in order to sustain a high IQ subpopulation.

This is like actual state policy in libertopia, Singapore.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

source please

edit: please be a stormfront link this is totally gonna be a stormfront link

I thought the horrors of slavery in America were taught in public schools. Sorry you're so ignorant about black history.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
sarehu knows so much about parental determination of intelligence due to frantic, late night googling through hot bitter tears

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

sarehu posted:

I thought the horrors of slavery in America were taught in public schools. Sorry you're so ignorant about black history.

The real horror of slavery is that it involved relationships that were suboptimal on eugenic grounds.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Make racism great again. JFC.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

sarehu posted:

:yikes:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

sarehu posted:

You need to have selective mating that creates smart+smart parents in order to sustain a high IQ subpopulation. If you took white people and forced them to mate together randomly for 100 years you'd get very few white engineers because there'd be no high IQ couples having kids together anymore -- a 140 IQ mommy and a 100 IQ daddy will make a dumb baby.

no, this. source this. extensively.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
is the type of person that clicks on those "[celebrity]'s IQ will shock you!" ads

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

no, this. source this. extensively.

[1] "The Bell Curve"
[2] Stormfront

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

sarehu posted:

Thank you, but this thread has already been reported recently!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Why the hell is silicon valley held as a measure of success and good iq?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Is satehu an Alexandr rereg?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Grognan posted:

Why the hell is silicon valley held as a measure of success and good iq?

Why is Trump POTUS?

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Weatherman posted:

Is satehu an Alexandr rereg?

no he's the saddest programmer alive. you can read his greatest hits in yospos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
pass