Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Rotating guys in and out is a thing that it feels like people have been saying forever but logically has zero reason to ever happen because you'd be asking wrestlers to take a significant pay cut.

Maybe they can make them actual employees instead of private contractors then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan: You could always find a two-by-four lying around. Jake had to carry that heavy snake around. I’d just show up and break off a piece of a pallet in the back.

Lmao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Maybe they can make them actual employees instead of private contractors then.

And maybe TNA can be a threat to WWE!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly wwe could probably solve a lot of the injury problems they have by cutting house shows down by a lot.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Matches are rehearsed in NXT
Really?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

enzo's only move besides his chicken strip strut is just getting picked up by cass and thrown on top of someone

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

enzo's only move besides his chicken strip strut is just getting picked up by cass and thrown on top of someone

And that's cool and good.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Putting Enzo in a singles match with Cesaro was a dumb move and it's part of the bigger problem where they refuse to play to their wrestlers' strengths and hide their weaknesses.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I really want Enzo to become a manager and instead of using a weapon to hit Cass's opponent, Cass just picks up Enzo and uses him like a weapon and they have to sell being hit by Enzo just like they would getting struck with a belt or something.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

The_Rob posted:

Honestly wwe could probably solve a lot of the injury problems they have by cutting house shows down by a lot.

im an idiot but i dont even understand why they do house shows. you're a multimedia company that puts out hours and hours of material every week but your most talented and dependable guys spend the vast majority of their time and effort working matches that the vast majority of the audience never sees. doesn't the lion's share of their profit come from the network and television contracts, anyway?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Under the vegetable posted:

im an idiot but i dont even understand why they do house shows. you're a multimedia company that puts out hours and hours of material every week but your most talented and dependable guys spend the vast majority of their time and effort working matches that the vast majority of the audience never sees. doesn't the lion's share of their profit come from the network and television contracts, anyway?

House shows, in addition to making a lot of money, allow their wrestlers to work together in-ring a lot to prepare for matches that happen on more important events.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yeah, house shows make a ton of money because they sell a lot of merch, get the gate (of course), and have almost no production costs

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The wrestlers also like doing the house shows.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

House shows have wayyyy less overhead. No paying for satellite time. The workers pay for their rental cars and rooms so the only cost to WWE is the flight to the first show, which they'd have to pay even if they only worked tv. They sell a ton of merch at the events.

Sure it would keep the workers healthier but it would be an absurdly retarded move to get rid of them.

If they were smart, they'd keep a rotation where everyone gets a few weeks off of house shows once or twice a year to heal up. I'd imagine even giving everyone one month per year where they only work tv would do wonders for a lot of them.

It also allows them to bring the product to smaller towns where they'd never be able to run tv and keep interest up.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

The wrestlers also like doing the house shows.

This too. House shows are conductive to a lot more one-shot goofing off than a TV show designed to sell people on a major event.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
There are a lot of positives to house shows. In fact my favorite live wwe shows I went to were house shows, but man they are literally working 6 days out of the week. That's going to take a toll.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The_Rob posted:

There are a lot of positives to house shows. In fact my favorite live wwe shows I went to were house shows, but man they are literally working 6 days out of the week. That's going to take a toll.

Uh, WWE has drastically cut back on the number of house shows since the 80s.

Most work like 3 or 4 shows a week. House shows over the weekend, tv tapings on Monday and Tuesday.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
House shows also draw the worst fans

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Eli Wiggum posted:

????????? but ive never been to a house show

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
House shows are the most fun I've ever actually had watching WWE. You can get front row seats for cheap. There are actual matches, they play to the fans and do goofy poo poo, and everything has an actual finish that puts the babyfaces over and sends people home happy. House shows are cool and good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
We're about a quarter way (13 weeks) through the year now, and Sami Zayn has worked the most matches this year and he's wrestled in 43 matches, which is about 4 a week.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Holy poo poo I am SO invested in the Mizanins vs Cenas feud. This week's promos on both sides were loving incredible (apart from Nikki) and I actually got chills during the "You can't see me.......because there is nothing worth seeing" bit and when he shifts to the serious and calm but intense promo. loving masterful. Give Miz the loving world title this year. I want to see him do worked shoot promos on everyone on the roster.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Mar 29, 2017

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eli Wiggum posted:

This is so untrue. It's a lot of kids having fun and usually not some Fray-looking sweatbeard trying to get himself over on TV.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dias posted:

You're telling me WWE picked a perfectly good wrestler that got over with their own schtick and then hosed it all up, making them look like unredeemable garbage in the process? Say it ain't so.

That's exactly what I'm saying!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

“There’s been guys that have made it that over the course of a couple of years that were constantly on the cut list,” Levesque said. “Enzo Amore, when I brought him in, everyone at the tryout was saying, ‘Get rid of this kid!’ I was like, ‘He’s got a huge personality. If he can annoy us all this bad here, imagine what he can do on TV.’ … Every time he’d get his review, they’d be like, ‘I’d cut him.’ Dusty [Rhodes] and I would be like, ‘Keep him.’ Look at him now. … Is he ever going to make you money from an in-ring performer standpoint? Probably not. But he’s money on the mic.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

extradite THIS! posted:

Holy poo poo I am SO invested in the Mizanins vs Cenas feud. This week's promos on both sides were loving incredible (apart from Nikki) and I actually got chills during the "You can't see me.......because there is nothing worth seeing" bit and when he shifts to the serious and calm but intense promo. loving masterful. Give Miz the loving world title this year. I want to see him do worked shoot promos on everyone on the roster.

I too love the WWE heel tradition of doing 95% of the good buildup to a Mania match leading to them eating a clean pin and being compromised/humiliated in the process

Eli Wiggum posted:

“There’s been guys that have made it that over the course of a couple of years that were constantly on the cut list,” Levesque said. “Enzo Amore, when I brought him in, everyone at the tryout was saying, ‘Get rid of this kid!’ I was like, ‘He’s got a huge personality. If he can annoy us all this bad here, imagine what he can do on TV.’ … Every time he’d get his review, they’d be like, ‘I’d cut him.’ Dusty [Rhodes] and I would be like, ‘Keep him.’ Look at him now. … Is he ever going to make you money from an in-ring performer standpoint? Probably not. But he’s money on the mic.

back in the day we called these people 'managers'

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I feel like deference to Dusty Rhodes was the only thing that made HHH good at running NXT and post-Dusty death there's no one to check his ego and it's all hot garbage.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NXT is basically Wrestlicious. A lame dude (HHH/the Wrestlicious guy) uses money he did not earn (Vince's money/lottery winnings) to pay cool wrestlers to pretend to be his friend and act like he isn't lame.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PYF WM theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_7baOCYg-Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBAl9cchQac

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7x5V9L_nyQ

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

one of those better be LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1UsNubhZsQ

Edit: Also the best promo ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

rehearsed matches is the secret reason to sasha being loving awful in the ring after she got called up

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
*Dramatically points to Wrestlemania sign*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqgEuJBL-24

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgrmna_hK4

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MjY4yoB-us

YOU CAN TAKE A SWIG OF MY EAGLE

Abroham Lincoln fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 29, 2017

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXuw0i0_aCI

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIsklYi7loc&t=4s

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Efexeye posted:

one of those better be LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

That is, sadly, a guilty pleasure that I think somehow holds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpN0CUn58l8

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I'm more impressed that they managed to contact Roddy Piper from beyond the grave to comment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

What is this!?

• Locked thread