Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I will finally play planescape when this remaster is released. I've always wanted to, and ice wind dale too. But bg2 is too drat good and I'm addicted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Just finished the suicide mission, and despite the video gamey and unnecessary boss fight it still remains one of the best gaming experiences, goddamn.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It is a cool feeling to feel like you're flying a viper from Battlestar Galactica. The only show or movie to portray space battle as it likely would appear?

Look at this guy who hasn't watched The Expanse.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Arc Light posted:

Only scrubs don't watch the expanse

That's not a joke

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arc Light posted:

Even the show Hollywoods it up a lot compared to the book. In the book it's like

"Oh hey the bad guys fired some missiles at us"

*several hours later*

"OK the missiles are about to hit us, what do we do?"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
"Real" space combat time delay and the distances involved would make for very drat boring TV.

The close up gun fights they did were rad as gently caress so they can have a break as far as the other poo poo goes.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Missionary Positron posted:

Just finished the suicide mission, and despite the video gamey and unnecessary boss fight it still remains one of the best gaming experiences, goddamn.

shep makes a pretty good speech too if you go all renegade

but yeah the suicide mission was just so well put together, i must have played it a thousand times by now

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Two Finger posted:

shep makes a pretty good speech too if you go all renegade

but yeah the suicide mission was just so well put together, i must have played it a thousand times by now

hell yes I went renegade for the speech :cool:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

if you have the DLC it should be mandatory to do arrival after suicide miission too

it's funny because although it's the weakest of the DLC i actually liked it a lot

lair of the shadow broker loving owns too, best hostage situation resolution in any media

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i mean it's years after the game but i still respect the fact that they let you lose your entire squad and die at the end of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHhdc53Od8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wish there was an ending where everybody dies except Zaeed.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I wish there was an ending where everybody dies except Zaeed.

haha noice

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Two Finger posted:

i mean it's years after the game but i still respect the fact that they let you lose your entire squad and die at the end of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRHhdc53Od8

Goddamn that's the worst video game ending I've seen except for the Witcher 3 worst ending

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

not caring here posted:

Goddamn that's the worst video game ending I've seen except for the Witcher 3 worst ending

someones never played halflife

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

not caring here posted:

I didn't realize I got the worst Witcher 3 ending till I looked it up.

Was still awesome. gently caress I loved that game.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

To this day the worst ending I've experienced in a video game was Knights of the Old Republic 2 back in 2005 or so. I'm usually not the kind of person who gets mad at video games but I still remember how powerful the urge was to throw my xbox out the window.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Handsome Ralph posted:

I didn't realize I got the worst Witcher 3 ending till I looked it up.

Was still awesome. gently caress I loved that game.

You monster

How could you

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Tides of Numenara is good. You should play it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ded posted:

Tides of Numenara is good. You should play it.

Character creators give me anxiety and I spent like an hour messing with it last night. Is there an ideal character build for the game?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

Character creators give me anxiety and I spent like an hour messing with it last night. Is there an ideal character build for the game?

Pump intellect and grab the ability that let's you recall memories.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
some real nice skyboxes in ring city

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Started playing Shadowrun Returns yesterday. I had forgotten how much I absolutely love isometric RPGs. They even have a small role for the character from the SNES game. Other than the sequels to this game which I had already picked up during the last sale, what are some recent games in this vein? I'm off the wagon and I need to keep the hits coming.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Just played Shadowrun: Dragonfall and I'm early into Shadowrun: Hong Kong and really enjoying it. Character progression and how everything plays out based on choices you make is well done. Actually laughed at poo poo my team members have said in HK.

Also tried to start Wasteland 2 but I'm not really a fan of the janky rear end camera. I'll give it more time and maybe I'll get used to it. I hope. I really really want to like this game. I just kind of wish it were a static isometric view a la Fallout 1 and 2. I do realize Fallout is descended from Wasteland and not the other way around though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Titanfall 2 free weekend, double XP, and new DLC this weekend

I love the game, and have played a ton of hours on it. Respawn really screwed the pooch though in just about every way possible. The free DLC model is a joke (two rehashed maps from TF1 and a gamemode without Titans). I had hope, but they really hosed it up.

That said, it is a great game to play with a group. I wouldn't play alone

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
What's the new dlc?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Titanfall 2 free weekend, double XP, and new DLC this weekend

I love the game, and have played a ton of hours on it. Respawn really screwed the pooch though in just about every way possible. The free DLC model is a joke (two rehashed maps from TF1 and a gamemode without Titans). I had hope, but they really hosed it up.

That said, it is a great game to play with a group. I wouldn't play alone

Seems like they intended to do more with the free DLC but didn't get the sales they needed to fund it.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

Seems like they intended to do more with the free DLC but didn't get the sales they needed to fund it.

I think EA funded it, but also just wanted to use it as extra ammo to get into the COD sales. This + BF1. Someone said Respawn picked the release date though so :shrug: they decided to take a--likely well deserved--month off in December, right after the game released. Also, a lot of their resources are working on their new Star Wars game

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What's the new dlc?

Uhm, a new map (colony) from TF1, and a new gun? Also two new prime Titans, which is purely cosmetic. Something that the game should have released with lol. A prime Titans looks different and had a different execution animation. I think there's still a Titan that still won't have their prime titan released with this DLC 😂

Also some other cosmetic poo poo I think. Cosmetic poo poo is limited. Your boost identifies your character model, so there's no way to incorporate cash crab cosmetics into armor etc. You can't even tell what the model is until you're already dead

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
this might be my favorite pvp kill in any souls game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NGhH_9JGqc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Since the free DLC model seems to hardly ever work, I just saw this on Reddit. I don't play BF1, but I think it's a great idea

quote:

As a player who owns Battlefield 1 Premium Pass you will be able to bring your friends in Battlefield 1 along to play on the new maps!

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/introducing-premium-friends-a-word-from-our-producer

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hiding new maps behind paid dlc in your multiplayer centric game is dumb as gently caress because it splits your playerbase up. tf2 and dota2 have shown that people are willing to spend stupid amounts of money for cosmetic stuff that doesnt actually affect gameplay. if your game isnt popular enough to generate revenue with cosmetic dlc that you can then use to fund actual free gameplay content, then maybe it doesnt need that gameplay content in the first place

if you want an example of bad dlc practices, just look at bf3-4. the amount of paid map packs are absurd, and did a great job at segmenting the community in real weird ways

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm a big fan of choosing conversation options that give the implication my FemShep wishes all krogans were dead.

Like I won't come right out and say it but you know Mordin has ideas.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

hiding new maps behind paid dlc in your multiplayer centric game is dumb as gently caress because it splits your playerbase up. tf2 and dota2 have shown that people are willing to spend stupid amounts of money for cosmetic stuff that doesnt actually affect gameplay. if your game isnt popular enough to generate revenue with cosmetic dlc that you can then use to fund actual free gameplay content, then maybe it doesnt need that gameplay content in the first place

if you want an example of bad dlc practices, just look at bf3-4. the amount of paid map packs are absurd, and did a great job at segmenting the community in real weird ways

Apparently they have begun dlc sharing for bf one so if one person in the party has it everyone can play the maps but they can't use new items and vehicles. A huge improvement over the old way imo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TF2 people are willing to buy cosmetic poo poo, but there just aren't really any options. The main cash grab, the prime Titans: they only released 2 of them like 3 months into the game? lol. People are willing, yeah, but I don't think they've generated much income, probably indicative by the lack of content

I'm going to guess that Overwatch makes more money via cosmetic poo poo than they would have with a season pass. That's not to mention that on console the game is $60. It has a $40 option on PC, I think. The League of Legends creators are just swimming in cash. They're probably the first to have--successfully-done it.

FastestGunAlive posted:

Apparently they have begun dlc sharing for bf one so if one person in the party has it everyone can play the maps but they can't use new items and vehicles. A huge improvement over the old way imo.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Since the free DLC model seems to hardly ever work, I just saw this on Reddit. I don't play BF1, but I think it's a great idea

https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/introducing-premium-friends-a-word-from-our-producer

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 30, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Me today: Oh boy, the last piece of Dark Souls ever!

Ringed City: Eat chain.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

TF2 people are willing to buy cosmetic poo poo, but there just aren't really any options. The main cash grab, the prime Titans: they only released 2 of them like 3 months into the game? lol. People are willing, yeah, but I don't think they've generated much income, probably indicative by the lack of content

I'm going to guess that Overwatch makes more money via cosmetic poo poo than they would have with a season pass. That's not to mention that on console the game is $60. It has a $40 option on PC, I think. The League of Legends creators are just swimming in cash. They're probably the first to have--successfully-done it.

bear in mind when i type tf2 i mean team fortress 2 and not titanfall2

in regards to ebbs ds3 woes: lmbo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It still divides the BF4 player base pretty hard. The population is still there, but the number of servers is small and split pretty heavily between "no DLC maps so you get to play the same six maps forever" and "only people who paid for the premium maps play here". It's pretty obnoxious.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Me today: Oh boy, the last piece of Dark Souls ever!

Ringed City: Eat chain.

It's really hard and I love it. Like I'm progressing slowly and getting hosed hard.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I put in maybe 90 minutes and put it back down. I think I can take this in short bits, like bonfire to bonfire. It's exhausting to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i did not like the angels or the archers. i dont want to play a loving cover shooter in dark souls thanks very much