Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found it to be a pretty boring game thats ugly to boot but I never played it in english so I was just skipping all the cutscenes and dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I did not find Exist Archive bad, but I did find it painfully slow. Random encounters take too long, and dungeons have little enemy variety but plenty of (non-random) encounters so it just gets boring quickly. I can't speak much for the story because I dropped it for games I found actually interesting after a few hours. Maybe it picks up later on but the early game sucked too much for me to persist.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

Crossposting from the PS4 thread, just got an email from Sony that because South Park: Fractured but Whole still hasn't got a release date my preorder will automatically be canceled and I'll get the money back in 7-10 days.

Good thing is I'll get to keep the previous game, Stick of Truth which everyone got as a preorder bonus. So hey, a free game at least.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't believe that game hasn't been cancelled yet. It must be only a matter of time by now.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I can't believe that game hasn't been cancelled yet. It must be only a matter of time by now.

The Stick of Truth also had a ton of delays.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PS+ for April revealed.

Drawn To Death, PS4
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, PS4
Invizimals: the Lost Kingdom, PS3
Alien Rage – Extended Edition, PS3
10 Second Ninja, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
Curses ‘n Chaos, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So glad I held out on Lovers. Not happy I didn't hold out on 10 Second Ninja and CnC, especially because they're pretty mediocre. Also as the guy who usually defends PS+, holy poo poo this is a weak rear end month

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 29, 2017

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Policenaut posted:

PS+ for April revealed.

Drawn To Death, PS4

Wow that's a very bad month.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Have wanted to play Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime but didn't want to pay for it... good month for me!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

glam rock hamhock posted:

So glad I held out on Lovers. Not happy I didn't hold out on 10 Second Ninja and CnC, especially because they're pretty mediocre. Also as the guy who usually defends PS+, holy poo poo this is a weak rear end month

One could argue it's been weak ever since Isaac was released.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Policenaut posted:

PS+ for April revealed.

Drawn To Death, PS4

:mediocre:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mister Macys posted:

I mean you could argue that. You'd be won't but, hell, you could still argue that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ShutteredIn posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh THAT drawn to death. That looks so bad. The art style is legit disgusting.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I let my PS+ lapse over a year ago, with a 12 month subscription card just sitting on my desk the entire time... and every month I look at it and "Wheeeeelp, not this month, kiddo"

Surely at this point Knack & Infamous have made the sales that they are going to make, why not give them away yet? Or Hell, Black Flag?

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Policenaut posted:

PS+ for April revealed.

Drawn To Death, PS4

I think this is the most disappointed I've been in my four years of PS+

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Is Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime local coop only?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Wow way to give us the game that should have been Free to play anyway.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ShutteredIn posted:

It's such a terrible month that i just went ahead and turned off auto-renewal for my PS Plus

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I wish they'd make psplus just for online play at a discount, and have the free games be some premium level poo poo, I haven't cared about any of the free games I've gotten

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

signalnoise posted:

I wish they'd make psplus just for online play at a discount, and have the free games be some premium level poo poo, I haven't cared about any of the free games I've gotten

Literally nobody would pay the premium level.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Literally nobody would pay the premium level.

You trick people, like those bundles that show you one of the games at first and then you subscribe and it's like "LOL THE OTHERS ARE BAD".

Of course, you need at least that first good game for the bait.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sony needs to offer a deal as good as Amazon/Twitch Prime if they really want to compete. I don't buy digitally because i can get a game vastly cheaper over the mail, and Amazon is pretty reliable AND offers me HBO and I get cool Twitch benefits too if I ever decide to get into streaming.

PS+ feels more and more like a hostage situation. Like, you know I'm gonna play Overwatch and Bloodborne a lot and you know that's gonna need that Plus access, so you know I'll keep paying for it, but drat it if I'm getting a hell of a lot less out of this deal than I was when I first started.

I remember being legit proud to support Playstation Plus because it was, I had thought, sure to be the new gold standard in how this business was done. Where Microsoft charged for basic online play, Sony gave it for free, only asking for money in exchange for improved service and perks.

Now the service is mandatory, and the perks suck

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
For me it's also that if I ever let the subscription lapse, suddenly I don't own Grim Fandango and Yakuza 5 and Furi and a bunch of other games anymore, and I'd have to re-buy them if I ever wanna play them again.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Saint Freak posted:

You trick people, like those bundles that show you one of the games at first and then you subscribe and it's like "LOL THE OTHERS ARE BAD".

Of course, you need at least that first good game for the bait.

I think we're going to see the same general arc as what happened with the PS3, so probably around the end of next summer you'll see a sudden burst of AAA games on PS+.

But I think you'll also see it because there'll be a big enough library of AAA stuff by then that there'll be older AAA games that had a lot of DLC that aren't selling at all anymore. That was a huge incentive for stuff like Borderlands/etc. to become PS+ wasn't just that a publisher got a cut for dropping their game on it but because they'd get a new wave of people buying DLC that otherwise would have never been purchased again. A lot of the PS4's early library was and still is "A PS3 game but with all the DLC included" but by the end of next year I wouldn't be surprised to see an Assassin's Creed game or even Arkham Knight offered on it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
You'd think generating an enormous amount of negativity amongst your core consumers every month would eventually start to outweigh the cost of including an old budget title. I can't imagine the expense to include a couple of the titles Humble gets would be that great, and the quality of content in Humble bundles is so far ahead of PS+ it's absurd.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Mister Macys posted:

I mean this month was pretty great.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BGrifter posted:

You'd think generating an enormous amount of negativity amongst your core consumers every month would eventually start to outweigh the cost of including an old budget title. I can't imagine the expense to include a couple of the titles Humble gets would be that great, and the quality of content in Humble bundles is so far ahead of PS+ it's absurd.

I think you're severely exaggerating how much the majority of people care about the PS+ titles

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think you're severely exaggerating how much the majority of people care about the PS+ titles

Yeah, I'd imagine most people now that subscribe to PS+ are doing so because they want to play games online. If Plus offered no free games I'd still subscribe, just like I did with Xbox Live for six years.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I can't believe how much discord PS+ is sowing among the proletariat

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pablo Gigante posted:

I think you're severely underestimating how much people like complaining about stuff on the internet.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BGrifter posted:

I think you're severely underestimating how much people like complaining about stuff on the internet.

Not really, no

Mr. Glum
Jul 28, 2008

Neron posted:

Good thing is I'll get to keep the previous game, Stick of Truth which everyone got as a preorder bonus. So hey, a free game at least.

Are you sure? Once I was refunded, it disabled Stick of Truth until the game is preordered again. Same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nawid posted:

I mean this month was pretty great.

No, no it isn't.

Mind you, I mean specifically PS4. I can't speak to the rest.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think the games are good cause i wont play them while i am already playing great games.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

Mr. Glum posted:

Are you sure? Once I was refunded, it disabled Stick of Truth until the game is preordered again. Same thing happened to a friend of mine.

Well they clearly stated that in the email I got. Did you and your friend cancel the preorder earlier, or was it the forced cancellation that I recieved? I mean I literally couldn't keep the preorder even if I wanted to.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Neron posted:

Well they clearly stated that in the email I got. Did you and your friend cancel the preorder earlier, or was it the forced cancellation that I recieved? I mean I literally couldn't keep the preorder even if I wanted to.

What country are you in? I'm in the US and they force cancelled my preorder last month and locked Stick of Truth until I re-preordered it. I'm going to wait until there's a release date again, but I would buy Stick of Truth for $5 if I could.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Mister Macys posted:

No, no it isn't.

Mind you, I mean specifically PS4. I can't speak to the rest.

Disc Jam is really good. A good month.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I like Disc Jam quite a bit. It's the first PS Plus game I've enjoyed since that tetris physics puzzle game last summer (? maybe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Broforce has forever justified PS+ in my mind