Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

This year will end with Vettel doing the Alonso-stare and Hamilton preparing to act as himself in a terrible movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn it will you fucks just LET ME DREAM

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Tony Montana posted:

Goddamn it will you fucks just LET ME DREAM

Riccardo is dead. Sorry.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

It was only good because it was the first year after ground effect was banned and nobody knew what the gently caress they were doing

Yeah.

I was also reading about The Toleman TG183 and apparently in pre-season testing it was setting the fastest times. Too bad they didn't have the budget to keep developing it properly because it would have been neat to see that ungainly car win. Rule changes can produce interesting things sometimes.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 29, 2017

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Blue flags should be banned. If you're loving fast enough to pull in a lap over a car you really shouldn't need help passing the same car.

Im sure this won't go over well with wicka but cars about to be lapped should be able to fight to stay on the lead lap.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Im sure this won't go over well with wicka but cars about to be lapped should be able to fight to stay on the lead lap.

I agree with this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

I agree with this.

Different Series but you tore into Hawksworth hard after Rahal ran into him at Alabama last year...

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I don't care if they're 3 laps down in a Marussia, you shouldn't have to move over for anybody, just race your goddamn racecar. That's how bikes work. Bunch of nanny state blue flag bleeding hearts driving these cars around here.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I don't care if they're 3 laps down in a Marussia, you shouldn't have to move over for anybody, just race your goddamn racecar. That's how bikes work. Bunch of nanny state blue flag bleeding hearts driving these cars around here.

I hope they get rid of blue flags. The Nando train needs to become a thing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Moto GP bikes don't even have mirrors.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Norns posted:

Yeah this is the same song and dance as every year. A handful of people are a little sensitive cuz Hamilton didn't win...and also lost a title to Nico loving Rosberg last year.

You've been watching F1 for what, 2 years maybe haven't you?

'Same every year' :fuckoff:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Different Series but you tore into Hawksworth hard after Rahal ran into him at Alabama last year...

Well yeah, that's because the leaders were literally side by side behind him. In my eyes there's a massive difference between battling to stay on the lead lap and directly intervening in the race for the win.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ferrari...is....GOOOD!

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Imagine Monaco without blue flags.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

God, wouldn't it be awful? It'd be so processional, nobody could pass. I shudder to think of it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Skarsnik posted:

You've been watching F1 for what, 2 years maybe haven't you?

'Same every year' :fuckoff:

3. And you guys do the same poo poo every year yes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Don't hate, sometimes it just takes a fresh pair of eyes to solve a problem.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Imagine Monaco without Monaco.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Norns posted:

3. And you guys do the same poo poo every year yes.

You mean the whole 2 years you've been watching this

Gotcha, I'll be sure to pay attention when you let me know when and how I'm supposed to enjoy F1 from now on :jerkbag:

wicka posted:

Don't hate, sometimes it just takes a fresh pair of eyes to solve a problem.

Maybe, but perhaps they shouldn't be acting like they know poo poo past the last 2 years.

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 29, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

You mean the whole 2 years you've been watching this

Gotcha, I'll be sure to pay attention when you let me know when and how I'm supposed to enjoy F1 from now on :jerkbag:

Alright well I've been watching F1 for 20 years and posting about it here for 10 (fml) and he's clearly right so

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I've watched a hell of a lot more than 3 seasons though. And seen every season review since the early 80s... Bought a gently caress load of books...

I just didn't know I liked cars and racing till a few years ago.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

wicka posted:

Alright well I've been watching F1 for 20 years and posting about it here for 10 (fml) and he's clearly right so

You honestly think those that found the last race dull are just grumpy Hamilton fans?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Imagine Monaco without Monaco.

Baku?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I started watching in 2014. It didn't take 3 years to discover who of you were retarded tho.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Skarsnik posted:

You honestly think those that found the last race dull are just grumpy Hamilton fans?

The specifics are always different but the root cause of all the bitching is very much the same.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Like I'm sorry I enjoy aspects of racing you don't. Eat a dick

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

wicka posted:

The specifics are always different but the root cause of all the bitching is very much the same.

ok dude, whatever you say. You just go back to watching your adverts

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Like the fact that Rosberg won the title is supposedly because F1 is too easy or something, not just because Hamilton is a little poo poo who didn't work hard enough in the offseason and came in totally unprepared. So now we react by piling all this downforce on the cars and giving drivers tires that don't wear so they can push constantly, and you get a strategy driven race with a lack of overtaking.

It really is the same poo poo every year. People complain about things they don't understand, suggest changes they don't understand, get exactly what they asked for, then complain about the results of it.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

dreesemonkey posted:

Digitial media - I'm really hoping for a netflix-type thing where you have access to not only live streams, but past seasons, etc. The teams could also maybe add content like the redbull PR videos that they do with their drivers and maybe do a small revenue share to the teams for that. If it was priced reasonably enough, I could see it being very popular worldwide.

So basically what MotoGP offers.

Best 150-ish bucks I spend on entertainment every year.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think the cars should have spikes so they can pop eachother's tires.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

God, wouldn't it be awful? It'd be so processional, nobody could pass. I shudder to think of it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hamilton fans in 2016: "It's not fair. He wasn't able to get past another car. He shouldn't have won."

Hamilton fans in 2017: "It's not fair. He wasn't able to get past another car. He should have won."

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Powershift posted:

I think the cars should have spikes so they can pop eachother's tires.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Like the fact that Rosberg won the title is supposedly because F1 is too easy or something, not just because Hamilton is a little poo poo who didn't work hard enough in the offseason and came in totally unprepared. So now we react by piling all this downforce on the cars and giving drivers tires that don't wear so they can push constantly, and you get a strategy driven race with a lack of overtaking.

It really is the same poo poo every year. People complain about things they don't understand, suggest changes they don't understand, get exactly what they asked for, then complain about the results of it.

What if Hamilton had the Rosberg work ethic?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

What if Hamilton had the Rosberg work ethic?

Presumably he wouldn't be guaranteed to be poo poo a solid quarter of any given season.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rosberg probably knew he was too doughey to drive the 2017 car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Presumably he wouldn't be guaranteed to be poo poo a solid quarter of any given season.

No, you see Toto and Lauda are sabotaging his car...

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Is this why they call this the worst thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

Like the fact that Rosberg won the title is supposedly because F1 is too easy or something,

Rosberg won because hamiltons car kept breaking, despite that HAM kept it going until the last lap. A true champion. How many transmission penalties? How many times did he race back from the back of the field? (i don't know i can't find the stat) That engine blow at the front of the field?

All Rosberg worked at is being a beta butt boy for the team bosses and sat in the seat until he lucked into the WDC. I won't take this Reagan-style revisionist history that says he was anything but poo poo.

• Locked thread