Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

ninjahedgehog posted:

Oh, I enjoy a dick joke as much as anyone (and to be fair, medieval people did too), but in this isn't even a good or original dick joke, and this event alone makes the exact same dick joke five times in a row.

This is the problem, it's not even good by medieval standards:

quote:

have a gentil cok,
Crowyt me day;
He doth me rysyn erly,
My matyins for to say.

I have a gentil cok,
Comyn he is of gret;
His comb is of reed corel,
His tayil is of get.

I have a gentyl cook,
Comyn he is of kynde;
His comb is of red corel,
His tayl is of inde.

His legges ben of asor,
So gentil and so smale;
His spores arn of sylver qwyt,
Into the wortewale.

His eynyn arn of cristal,
Lokyn al in aumbry;
And every nyght he perchit hym
In myn ladyis chaumbyr.

Also at one point I think they had some creepy fetish anime events accessibly by console command.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

My trouble with it is that it's too much, too reminiscent of eu's death and taxes and it's squiggly provinces. Hell, sometimes I find ck2+'s map kinda dumb; why does Iceland need 4 provinces?
wiz did it for me, personally, to show the glory of our Icelandic homeland

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 10, 2018

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I don't actually dislike SWMH, for starters it's a lot more pleasing on the eye than CK2+'s neon province colors. The province spam also lets you work on a smaller scale. I've made an entire Frisian kingdom with 10K+ levies in the mid 900s out of what would have been maybe four or five counties on the vanilla map.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
RaW keeps freezing the game for me. I get what looks like it should be an event scroll with my character portrait. Then it freezes.

I'm using CK2+, RaW and RaW+CK2+ compatibility patch.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Shbobdb posted:

RaW keeps freezing the game for me. I get what looks like it should be an event scroll with my character portrait. Then it freezes.

Does it actually freeze (as in mouse doesn't move and all that), or does it just display a blank event scroll that you can't close? In the latter case, someone probably missed a bracket in an event somewhere.

Also, isn't the RaW compatibility patch an actual "CK2+ compatible version of RaW" - as in, it shouldn't be run alongside normal RaW? I remember reading that in the Workshop entry when I went to check it out.

edit: yeah, that's probably your problem:

RaW Workshop entry posted:

- Tick CK2Plus (and the India extension if you wish)
- Untick the normal "Rebels and Warmongers" mod, if you have it ticked (this step is important)
- Tick "RaW - CK2Plus Compatible Version/Patch"

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Unfortunately CK2's scale kind of forbids really faithful portrayal of how local medieval politics are. The area represented in the game by the county of Florence covers what was historically at least four competing city-states, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, this is the impulse that leads to adding provinces - it allows for more interesting politics even within a kingdom, though of course it needs to be balanced against technical needs and game balance.

(the neon colours in the CK2+ map, OTOH, are for contrast in general and also legibility for the colour blind. One of the other devs changed the colours for the education choice guides that 2.7 introduced from red/green to blue/white and I was all ready to fly into a "wait why did you do that it was fine before" rage and then the light dawned.)

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 28, 2017

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Shbobdb posted:

You are only suppose to use the RAW compatible version, not the default as well.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Not a super fan of what HIP does does the UI.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 28, 2017

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Nitrousoxide posted:

Not a super fan of what HIP does does the UI.

It's bad. "Well it's a huge mod, we definitely gotta gently caress with everything!"

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I don't use HIP, but that UI is just from the Arko UI module, which is optional just like the SWMH map is. So if you like the balance changes from EMF you can just use them and the map/UI aren't touched.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Arko UI is loving hideous, the flag pack is nice though. And CPRPlus is great, no more ugly default european/arab portraits.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Yeah, HIP even comes with a little installer that literally asks which mods you want to install one by one.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Why argue about mods when we could be posting medieval dick jokes?

The Decameron posted:

“While farmers generally allow one rooster for ten hens, ten men are scarcely sufficient to service one woman.”

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I understand the CK2+/RaW's education system works. My child has ended up with an education trait related to the type of education I set for them exactly zero times.

EDIT: okay, every time I set martial, it goes diplomatic. I tried setting one diplomatic. The result is martial. All the education traits seem to be mapped to totally different focuses.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 29, 2017

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Help, I'm addicted to getting as many treasures and magnum opuses and long-lasting capitol boons as possible

I recently lost a crown jewel and the Necronomicon, but that just means I can honor my gramps by wearing the crown that lead to downfall via debt, and I get +2 Piety a month!

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Midnight Voyager posted:

I don't think I understand the CK2+/RaW's education system works. My child has ended up with an education trait related to the type of education I set for them exactly zero times.

EDIT: okay, every time I set martial, it goes diplomatic. I tried setting one diplomatic. The result is martial. All the education traits seem to be mapped to totally different focuses.

Put your kid under a good steward for steward education, a good martial for martial education, etc. etc. The focuses are 'education' focuses that steer the kid towards getting traits benefitting that education.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 29, 2017

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
Losing a Magnum Opus when the guy that wrote it died was a real kick in the dick. I hope they take another look at the whole "10% chance to eat poo poo" mechanics of inheriting relics.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Ubbaid Empire Sultanate of England Sultanate of Ireland?? looking good!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Tehan posted:

Losing a Magnum Opus when the guy that wrote it died was a real kick in the dick. I hope they take another look at the whole "10% chance to eat poo poo" mechanics of inheriting relics.

They also need a way to manually throw away or give away items you don't want anymore. I'm sick of my kings automatically putting on the iron crown and longsword when they come of age instead of the sweet Crown of Pearls and FURY, THE MASTERWORK SWORD FORGED FOR MY FATHER'S FATHER, THE FIRST EMPEROR OF FRANCIA, THAT HAS SHED THE BLOOD OF CALIPHS (and more importantly gives a handsome prestige and martial boost)

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

They also need a way to manually throw away or give away items you don't want anymore. I'm sick of my kings automatically putting on the iron crown and longsword when they come of age instead of the sweet Crown of Pearls and FURY, THE MASTERWORK SWORD FORGED FOR MY FATHER'S FATHER, THE FIRST EMPEROR OF FRANCIA, THAT HAS SHED THE BLOOD OF CALIPHS (and more importantly gives a handsome prestige and martial boost)

I remember reading that this is coming in the next patch but I am not 100% certain of that.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dallan Invictus posted:

I remember reading that this is coming in the next patch but I am not 100% certain of that.

Yup, 2.71.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
So that's why I don't have my 31 learning fathers magnum opus.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ninjahedgehog posted:

Whatup fury buddy :hfive:

It would be nice at the very least if the game would keep the same items equipped when you inherit rather than just picking at random.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Does RaW+CK2 remove Satanists? That's not a bad thing but I want to make sure I'm not seeing them because they aren't there or if there is something else I should be doing to look for them.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So how do I get claims on kingdoms? Say in this case I'm a lord who broke free of Scotland and became independent. I want the Scottish throne and title. Claiming every Duchy just seems...a pain...considering you only get one Duchy each time and then you have the truce period. I understand it involves marriage, but I'm not quite sure how exactly it works.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So how do I get claims on kingdoms? Say in this case I'm a lord who broke free of Scotland and became independent. I want the Scottish throne and title. Claiming every Duchy just seems...a pain...considering you only get one Duchy each time and then you have the truce period. I understand it involves marriage, but I'm not quite sure how exactly it works.

You'll need to marry the child of the king and then your children with them will inherit a claim, though it will a weak claim so you'll need to wait for the kingdom to be in a regency or ruled by a woman.

Or I'm pretty sure the become king ambition allows you to fabricate a claim on the kingdom​ title.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Are viceroyalties bugged for anyone else right now? Both times in my current game that I've tried to grant a kingdom viceroyalty it just straight up granted the kingdom title instead, even though I made sure to use the viceroyalty option in the diplo menu.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Rumda posted:

You'll need to marry the child of the king and then your children with them will inherit a claim, though it will a weak claim so you'll need to wait for the kingdom to be in a regency or ruled by a woman.

Or I'm pretty sure the become king ambition allows you to fabricate a claim on the kingdom​ title.

When you say "you", do you mean the player character specifically, or can you just marry off someone in your dynasty and pull it off?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ainsley McTree posted:

When you say "you", do you mean the player character specifically, or can you just marry off someone in your dynasty and pull it off?

Unless you are an emperor, it'd have to be the PC. Otherwise the vassal in your dynasty you fought the war for would gain the title and leave your realm since they are higher than you.

Though time+stabbing can put you back in line if you want to go that route. I haven't had much luck with it but I'm sure someone can guide you.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Automated Posting posted:

Are viceroyalties bugged for anyone else right now? Both times in my current game that I've tried to grant a kingdom viceroyalty it just straight up granted the kingdom title instead, even though I made sure to use the viceroyalty option in the diplo menu.

Did you have granting lower titles on?
It doesn't work if you grant lower titles.
The check box was added last patch after someone asked a Dev why it wasn't there, and they said it must be a bug, so presumably added the button but checking whether it worked correctly slipped by QA.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Shbobdb posted:

Unless you are an emperor, it'd have to be the PC. Otherwise the vassal in your dynasty you fought the war for would gain the title and leave your realm since they are higher than you.

Though time+stabbing can put you back in line if you want to go that route. I haven't had much luck with it but I'm sure someone can guide you.
Well, you the PC have to get the claim if you're not an emperor. You can marry off some dynast and get them claims, then have their kid named the next king/PC through elective or tanistry succession. You can also have one of your heirs marry an heir to the throne, before having their children inherit your title and press their claims on the kingdom.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

darthbob88 posted:

Well, you the PC have to get the claim if you're not an emperor. You can marry off some dynast and get them claims, then have their kid named the next king/PC through elective or tanistry succession. You can also have one of your heirs marry an heir to the throne, before having their children inherit yo ur title and press their claims on the kingdom.

You can get the title yourself if the kingdom isn't elective, one of your children inherits, and they die with no children or siblings for it to go to instead.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

If you marry off someone else in your dynasty, then they get the claim, not you. Even if you press their claim, they're the one who becomes king, not you. Of course, if they're a close enough relative that you're in or near their line of inheritance, this might be workable in the long run, but that's an annoying amount of time to spend as just a duke.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Has anybody ever had any luck getting After the End to work in multiplayer? Both in this version and in the previous two, we always get immediate desyncs within a week of unpausing. We don't have this trouble with vanilla or any other mod.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks, I had seen conflicting things about marrying their kids being with one of your kids being enough, but I guess that only works if it's your direct heir (ie press claim, person wins title, you die, new title holder inherits all), right?

Also just wanted to say Chief Urquist in Pictland at the 769 start is a massive rear end in a top hat. gently caress him, he always usurps at the start.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Thanks, I had seen conflicting things about marrying their kids being with one of your kids being enough, but I guess that only works if it's your direct heir (ie press claim, person wins title, you die, new title holder inherits all), right?

Also just wanted to say Chief Urquist in Pictland at the 769 start is a massive rear end in a top hat. gently caress him, he always usurps at the start.

It's a lot easier if you have a higher-level title than the one you're targeting. If you're a king and press a dynasty member's claim on a duchy, they'll get the duchy...but they'll automatically become your vassal, so the duchy still gets added to your realm even though you don't directly control it. On the other hand, if you're a duke and press a dynasty member's claim on a kingdom, they'll get the kingdom but it will stay independent and you won't get it added to your realm, because a king can't be a vassal of a duke.

For getting the claim directly, there's no other way but to marry someone with a claim so your heir will also be their heir and thus inherit their claims and titles. If you press that person's claim when they're alive, then their heir will inherit the kingdom once that person dies. If you don't press that person's claim while they're alive, then the claim will pass down to their heir, who can then press it themselves later.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

If you marry off someone else in your dynasty, then they get the claim, not you. Even if you press their claim, they're the one who becomes king, not you. Of course, if they're a close enough relative that you're in or near their line of inheritance, this might be workable in the long run, but that's an annoying amount of time to spend as just a duke.

Thanks. This is one of those games that I keep getting into and out of periodically, and learning the "conquest by marriage" mechanics is one of the things I never seem to get a handle on before quitting. I apologize in advance for inevitably forgetting and asking this same question in a few months.

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

Edison was a dick posted:

Did you have granting lower titles on?
It doesn't work if you grant lower titles.
The check box was added last patch after someone asked a Dev why it wasn't there, and they said it must be a bug, so presumably added the button but checking whether it worked correctly slipped by QA.

Goddamn it. Yeah, I check that box out of force of habit whenever I grant a title, that would be it. Thanks.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Started a Tournament and my king immediately dies from bad armor at age 23, good thing my geriatric syphilitic uncle is still alive to not make use of the Hermetic heirlooms :smithicide:

Fake edit: Disaster averted (kind of) I was able to suicide Uncle Chunks and his son inherited and... just became gay for his half-brother, the aforementioned dead 23 year old, because of the tournament :magical:

Soho Joe fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Soho Joe posted:

Started a Tournament and my king immediately dies from bad armor at age 23, good thing my geriatric syphilitic uncle is still alive to not make use of the Hermetic heirlooms :smithicide:

Fake edit: Disaster averted (kind of) I was able to suicide Uncle Chunks and his son inherited and... just became gay for his half-brother, the aforementioned dead 23 year old, because of the tournament :magical:

Crusader Kings II: I just became gay for my dead half-brother

• Locked thread